The Beast of Bray Road: a modern sighting

The place to talk about where a lot of things started. Stories and history, references, etc.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

The Beast of Bray Road: a modern sighting

Post by Scott Gardener »

http://www.weird-wi.com/brayroad/index.htm

There have been discussion of this thing on other sites, but Linda Godfrey's articles on the thing are the definitive source.

Basically, in late December 1992, two seperate people saw something that resembled a wolf but could walk on its hind legs. One saw the creature eating road kill, and another had a more harrowing experience, being chased by the thing. It sparked a sensation, but also caused other people to come forward and admit that something is indeed out there.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

Hi Scott, I talk to Linda Godfrey via email (in fact I got an email from her today), she is very very very cool, she is working on a follow-up book to "The Beast of Bray Road: Tailing Wisconsin's Werewolf" that will be called "Beyond Bray Road." She is going to be on the Jeff Rense show a week from this Friday (on Jan. 28th). Check out this link for more info on her next book:
http://fullmoon.greggtaylor.com/forum/v ... .php?id=67
Krissy
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Krissy »

I've heard about the Beast of Bray Road! Read a lot about it. I think it's very interesting, and I would love to read her book (and the upcoming one). These, indeed, are the best modern Werewolf sightings I've ever encountered. (Though it is most likely some fantastic undiscovered species.) Strange how just the term "Werewolf" might immediately have this creature be critisized and met with severe skepticism. I think that referring to it just as "The Beast of Bray Road" is a great idea.
Wild and Wonderful,
Catamountess

~know not of thy presence,
till thy breath stirs the hairs on your neck~
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Please state the nature of the medical emergency

Post by Scott Gardener »

:o

THE Linda Godfrey! We're not worthy! We're not worthy! I feel like a Trekkie drooling in front of the cast of Voyager. (For the record, Robert Picardo, the holographic Doctor, is The Howling's Eddie the Mangler.)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Please state the nature of the medical emergency

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote::o

THE Linda Godfrey! We're not worthy! We're not worthy! I feel like a Trekkie drooling in front of the cast of Voyager.
Seven of nine. Hot!!

:D
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

:lol: i don't swing that way but yeah seven of nine is freakin awesome anyways this is interesting subject i have always been a cryptozoology buff. That is the study of animals that are thought not to exist bigfoot, loch ness and so on.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

ah so thats what its called cryptozoology i lvoe it so intresting i wanna explore and descover this stuff for myself. even though i reckon its reall :lol:

outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Wasn't there something called a Lycothane or whatever that could walk on its hind legs a bit? I'm unsure of the name but I could imagine a wolf seeing humans and trying to walk like us, though I doubt it can walk as good or stand as strit as us without years of evolution.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

http://www.cryptozoology.com/

:D A cool site check it out. It has some stuff on the Beast of Bray Road.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

woot sweet man thanks :o im gunna be reading for while 8) better get my glasses...(i dont neeed glasses) yeah thanks if i find anythoiing good i'll post it. :P

nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Hmmm yes..

Post by nekocj »

I have also heard many tales of the beast of bray road and have even planned on traveling to said location to see if I get attacked....yeah I know...in any case have any of you heard of the soviet union werewolf attack? I would do a search on google for soviet union werewolves and look into it if you haven't heard, its another interesting case.

Apparently there was this soviet union base which was attacked by wolves! These were well armed soviets and survivors claimed the wolves could get on their hind legs and no matter how many times they shot them they never died. This is a true story this base did get attacked by wolves, who completely wiped out the base aside from said survivors, although its not certain whether they were really werewolves or not, and in fact the police in the area were actually issued silver bullets for their guns. No joke.

Well hope you have fun learning more about real werewolf sitings and cases. Personally, I'm gonna start a little research on the dragons that migrate to bask in the salt lakes of Salt Lake City, in Utah.

-CJ
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

!

Thats crazy.

Heh. Like something out of a video game or movie. Werewolves save the day by wiping out a enemy base in 'secret'. :roflmao:
Cassandra
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Cassandra »

wow! this is fascinating stuff! *sigh* i soooooo love this place......

anyway, anyone with more info on this or other sites about stuff like this, please let me know! it will help immensely with my research! :D
Kamara
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kamara »

outwarddoodles wrote:Wasn't there something called a Lycothane or whatever that could walk on its hind legs a bit? I'm unsure of the name but I could imagine a wolf seeing humans and trying to walk like us, though I doubt it can walk as good or stand as strit as us without years of evolution.
I believe your referring to a Thylacine - its also known as the Tasmanian Wolf or the Tasmanian Tiger and were found on the island of Tasmania. (Some also claim the mainland) Its actually neither a true wolf or tiger but is a marsupial animal that resembles both of them. It's what is called parallel evolution.
They are believed to be extinct - due to people's widespread fear and hatred - thousands were destroyed and bounties put on their heads.

They are hoping they will find a pocket of survivors and searches are still carried out to catch a glimpse of them, rumors abound about sightings and encounters.

There does exist films of them exhibiting two forms of locomotion - one was a plantar walk and the other was a bi-pedal hop resembling that of a kangaroo.
I would imagine seeing this would give forth to all kinds of stories about them walking.

I would love to believe that somehow this species has survived, they were possibly the most interesting marsupial that existed.

Kamara
"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b****-slap the motherfu*ker upside the head...."
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Good thing the poor devils did not follow them into extinction. They shared the same habitat, I think...
Kamara
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kamara »

Doruk Golcu wrote:Good thing the poor devils did not follow them into extinction. They shared the same habitat, I think...
The Devils have been threatened in recent years with loss of habitat and some kind of disease that is spreading amongst the wild population - if caught early they can be nursed back to health and released but it remains to be seen if it will ruin the wild population (I hope not - I love Tassie Devils). And yes its all on the island of Tasmania <G>

Sorry didnt mean to run this thread off topic! - I found the Beast of Bray road stories very interesting and would be interested to read Linda Godfreys book.

Kamara
"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b****-slap the motherfu*ker upside the head...."
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

anyways this is interesting subject i have always been a cryptozoology buff. That is the study of animals that are thought not to exist bigfoot, loch ness and so on.
*Nods* I've studied cryptozoology for a while too. I've got a large website on the subject that includes info on werewolves and shapeshifters as viewed by cryptozoology.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Kotig
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Kotig »

Kamara wrote:
Doruk Golcu wrote:Good thing the poor devils did not follow them into extinction. They shared the same habitat, I think...
The Devils have been threatened in recent years with loss of habitat and some kind of disease that is spreading amongst the wild population - if caught early they can be nursed back to health and released but it remains to be seen if it will ruin the wild population (I hope not - I love Tassie Devils). And yes its all on the island of Tasmania <G>

Sorry didnt mean to run this thread off topic! - I found the Beast of Bray road stories very interesting and would be interested to read Linda Godfreys book.

Kamara
The more you know! *Rainbow*

I so wanna go to Bray Road! I've been looking into that recently! Anyway, where can I go about buying these Lind Godfrey books? Doesn't matter though...I always get a strange look when I ask for werewolf books :(
What if I don't fill this in? What are you gonna do? :P
dnl
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: one wrapped in shadows

Re: Hmmm yes..

Post by dnl »

[quote="nekocj"]I have also heard many tales of the beast of bray road and have even planned on traveling to said location to see if I get attacked....yeah I know...in any case have any of you heard of the soviet union werewolf attack? I would do a search on google for soviet union werewolves and look into it if you haven't heard, its another interesting case.

Apparently there was this soviet union base which was attacked by wolves! These were well armed soviets and survivors claimed the wolves could get on their hind legs and no matter how many times they shot them they never died. This is a true story this base did get attacked by wolves, who completely wiped out the base aside from said survivors, although its not certain whether they were really werewolves or not, and in fact the police in the area were actually issued silver bullets for their guns. No joke.

Well hope you have fun learning more about real werewolf sitings and cases. Personally, I'm gonna start a little research on the dragons that migrate to bask in the salt lakes of Salt Lake City, in Utah.

-CJ[/quote]
you dont happen to know the name of the base do you I think i have an idaer of what heppand there.
shey
Legendary
Legendary

Post by shey »

I am going to a lake 10 miles away from bray road it the one in the book that you can see the gost over the lake and all the berial grounds are and their where a few recent sightings 8) :)
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keeper of useless knowledge and information

Post by Ancient »

That sounds interesting Shey. You have my curiostity (SP). :)
StellaMagic
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Hi

Post by StellaMagic »

You guys sure that the Bray Road Beast is a real werewolf? It might just be a regular wolf or bear begging tourists for food.
StellaMagic
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Well...

Post by StellaMagic »

it could be a werewolf. Does anyone have picture (photos) of it? I like to see what it looks like. I'm using the Bray Road Beast to write stories.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I was in the blockbuster the other day and theres a movie called Beast of Bray Road. But it looks kind of violent and the 'werewolf' on the cover is hideous. :x

But cryptozoology has always been a favortie of mine! :love: Did you know that they were trying to recreate the thylacine not too long ago? They gave it up because the DNA they had was getting old and usless. Weird stuff.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

The movie was your basic bad B-movie werewolf film. You've essentially already seen it if you ever subjected yourself to Howling V in its entirity.