any legends mention ways to un-become a werewolf?

The place to talk about where a lot of things started. Stories and history, references, etc.
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary
Location: Cambria,Wisconsin away from other lycans like myself, man it gets lonely here!!!

Post by Silverwolfman »

well a question i got is this: if u became one why would u want to be changed back? i would enjoy being a 'wolf for as long as i could live and not even think about wanting to change back. oh well supposedly if u get shot by a silver bullet and survive the curse is lifted. but thats just what i've heard.
Werewolves are seen as cold blood killers to some. In my eyes we're all part of this world and must be accepted not rejected or driven away.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

There are plenty who would want a cure, I'm sure. It's hard to want to keep a cool power if you believe it comes from Satan, regardless of where it actually originates. There's also a variety of social circumstances in which it could be more a liability than an asset--someone who wants a mundane life; someone who has a hard time getting away from work every full moon; a jeweler or numismatist who is frequently around silver... Plenty of plot devices and story hooks.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Scott Gardener wrote:a jeweler or numismatist who is frequently around silver...
Interesting... never thought of that. I suppose in the hypothetical case of me ever getting bitten, I'd need to get rid of the silver sixpence in my "funny coins" box...
werefox

Post by werefox »

ive heard here in Sweden that if you like eat 5 galics and then kill a wolf in the next month you should become normal
beware of the ultimate me
wolfpriest
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfpriest »

Uh I guess you could...uh....um....if you didnt sell your soul to the devil I guess you could do it the other way around?
Maybe...well the only thing I can think of is to well kill ones self it cant be ended its a blood line.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Some people said something about standing in one place for a year or so.
Actually i think the legend i read was, you had to kneel in one place of one hundred years.
(Doubt you'd make it that long, and frankly, why would you care? I mean, if you avoid eating people, it'd be awesome to change. Then again, I'm probably a bad source for that. I'm trapped inside his head, but we don't eat people. yet...)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

I remember an elaborate ritual involving the whole town. The enitre town takes the bound werewolf(no idea how they get him bound) up to a raised place (hill, mesa, ext.). There they say several lines (can't remember what exactly.) Then the youngest villege member who can talk goes up to the werewolf and says "Wolf, go away" and hits him three times with an ashwood branch. Then the oldest member does the same. Then each person in the village hits the werewolf once. There was more to it, but that's all I remember. I guess the idea is to beat the werewolf out with "sacred" ashwood branches.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

duh! you like die! :P jk...well actually it would work...i guess?

anyways...i heard that you have to find some magical lake place...you know a closed place where no one ever goes or something. Good luck on finding a magical lake...

But then you are supposed to undress, depending :P, and dive into the lake, hold as long as you can and then go back up to the surface and you shall be human again!

Theres also another which I think is stupid...you are supposed to go out in the early mornings, undress, again, depending, roll around in the grass and apparently the dew does something...i dunno but you have to do it when the night before, or whenever the dew is there, is a full moon....same with the lake

Hey...why are you trying to find a way to...unbecome one! are YOU a werewolf right NOW!???
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

The silver ribbon to find a cure

Post by Scott Gardener »

So far, we've explored pretty much exclusively the traditional legendary ways to "cure" lycanthropy. I did wonder for those of us who work with the "virus-like genetic modification" notion what a biological cure would entail. Ultimately, engineering one would be even more technologically difficult than designing lycanthropy itself. The easiest way I could come up with was to transfer the consciousness of the lycanthropic person into a new body that was a clone of the original that doesn't have the added genetic components mixed in. A counter-virus would have to remove the original viral elements from every cell without removing anything else, and it would have to do so quickly enough that the existing viri don't have a chance to reinfect the person at the same time--especially difficult since the original infectious agent in most of our models that employ such work at break-neck speed, effectively the limit of what's biologically possible without overheating the host and causing him or her to die of a horrible cross between Ebola-like hemorrhagic fever and spontaneous human combustion.

A simpler fix might be something that simply removes the shapeshifting elements or some of the biochemical pathways that induce shifting, but this still leaves a lot of decidedly non-human biochemistry still in place, so the person isn't cured so much as forced into "remission." The person probably still would have infectious saliva and everything, and the "cure" would be pretty temporary.

So, until cryonautics and transhumanist consciousness becomes readily available towards the end of the century, the best medical advice to the sufferer of lycanthropic identity disorder is to learn ways of living with lycanthropy. There's a great article for the layperson in this month's issue of Aware Magazine...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

http://www.umgotts.com/store/stickers.html
I've got the bottom left bumper sticker on my car 8)
Ansuru
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ansuru »

Moon_Lover wrote:Agreed. Let us sear.
*Tosses a steak to MoonKit, tapping it with his own in a toast-like fashion*
Sear? I like my meat medium rare...sometimes rare. lck

Closest thing to a cure I'd want to see is someone just choosing to not shift anymore, a la the sherrif in Wolf Lake. Anything more and you wind up with an X-men-ish problem where the government can "exterminate" you without technically killing you (I say technically as opposed to actually, because if I were a were, I'd consider it a death of sorts :p)
The wind whipping past my face...
The underbrush combing through my fur...
The earth flying beneath my paws...
Am I alive?
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

Silverclaw wrote:http://www.umgotts.com/store/stickers.html
I've got the bottom left bumper sticker on my car 8)

:lol:
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Which begs the Question: Are Werewolves Furry? :lol:

Maybe I should make a thread about it.... :P
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Back to the cures though. I don't think anybody mentioned the drink out of the pawprint of a wolf, the removing of a belt of wolfskin (if in that manner you're a werewolf), OR.... here's an idea what about a mind swap with a non-werewolf. You know kinda like switching around souls/spirits/minds. It'd be odd, but then again not being a werewolf suddenly would be weird too.
My real online handle is Derutydragon
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

RedEye:
Which begs the Question: Are Werewolves Furry?
AAHHHHH!!! Don't ask that! That very question has already cost the lives of millions!

:ducktoss3:

Whole virtual cities have been wiped out in the Great Flame Wars of 1998 and 2003. Some even fear that questions about furries could spark World Wide Web War III.

:duckbomb2:

But, back to werewolves and The Cure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY7wuV_C1oI
RoseMacska
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by RoseMacska »

RedEye wrote:Sorry-Caffiene levels are getting low and I'm getting silly...
(That's why I'm called RedEye)

1. Wash fur in cheap drying shampoo, rinse.
2. Use a blow dryer on your fur so it sticks out all over.
3. Curl it, and dye it pink or blue.
4. Put Fur up in ribbons.
5. Congratulations! You are no longer a WereWOLF: you're a WerePOODLE!
---Well, you said un-become a Werewolf..... :lol: and that's about as un-becoming as I could think of..... :P
Ha ha , very funny.

Most who post here think of the WW condition as a virus or bacteria that infects the host making them a WW, I would think a cure for the virus or bacteria would do the trick.

The purely genetic WW would be out of luck unless they had the trait "mutated" out of them, which I would imagine would be a case of "the cure being worse than the condition" most of the time. No longer a shape shifter, but now your seriously ill due to having your DNA altered in ways that probably do more harm than the good of being rid of shape shifting. Cancer being an obvious danger I see in that scenario.