Skinwalker Ranch

The place to talk about where a lot of things started. Stories and history, references, etc.
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Have you heard about the legend of Skinwalker Ranch? I've got a bit about it on my website, which is an excerpt from an upcoming folklore book. See http://www.jh-author.com/prewolf2.htm. This is just one of the urban legends I have been researching for incorporation into that book.
I've also found one urban legend about the tengu, some weredog material, and I'm basically striving to have at least a couple urban legends in each chapter.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

May the moon be with you

Post by Scott Gardener »

I thought Skinwalker Ranch was where they film werewolf movie sequels.
:lol:

Sorry; couldn't resist. Back to seriousness.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

woah you know i LOVE reading intresting stuff like that and reasserching it but its so hard finding true things...and also its freaky as hell reading this s*** at 2:30 am in a dark empty house with occasional noises* turns and looks around then shudders* amazing stuff good kob with it :o

Vicious
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Vicious »

I wish so much i could see such phenomonah as described on that page. I've heard of that ranch before, sadly it seems the group that owns the property is a little shady and sinisters from some sources. Too few of thier findings have gone public.
Beauty isn't human.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Interesting..
Vicious wrote:I wish so much i could see such phenomonah as described on that page. I've heard of that ranch before, sadly it seems the group that owns the property is a little shady and sinisters from some sources. Too few of thier findings have gone public.
Part of me would want to see such things as well.

But my cowardly part doesn't want to get the hell scared out of me by phsycotic indestructible wolves....

:lol:
Cassandra
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Cassandra »

:( shew.....really makes you think, doesnt it? like everything else, werewolves seem to be split into the evil, good and the uninterested....hmmmm
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

I live in Utah and I've never heard of this! What the hell is wrong with me?! Skinwalkers are a serious thing down by the reservations. The natives call the white people in to kill coyotes because it's bad for them to do it. Skinwalkers freak me out. I've never seen one, and the only part of me that wants to is the curious part. I heard story that a lady looked out her window one day to see a skinwalker in her garden! I was told a couple of other ones, but I don't remember them. Man they scared me though :lol: I'm gonna have to figure out where this ranch is. My mom says it sounds like it's in the four-corners area, which I'm only a few hours from.
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

I live in Utah and I've never heard of this! What the hell is wrong with me?! Skinwalkers are a serious thing down by the reservations. The natives call the white people in to kill coyotes because it's bad for them to do it. Skinwalkers freak me out. I've never seen one, and the only part of me that wants to is the curious part. I heard story that a lady looked out her window one day to see a skinwalker in her garden!
In the course of researching my book I've come across quite a number of skinwalker tales of the first-hand personal experience variety. Most of them sound roughly like the following composite tale that I just now cobbled together:

"I heard something outside at night. I looked out and saw an animal of some sort, that I could barely see, disappearing into the darkness. My dogs barked at it. I'm pretty sure it was a skinwalker because regular animals never go near my dogs and because I was really freaked out."

Frankly, most of these tales are so humdrum that there is no way I would include them in my book. Only so often do I come across one that is as exciting as the "Skinwalker Ranch" one.
-Jamie Hall
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

This is one of those things that I want to hear about but don't want to be anywhere near it. :P
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stalking the Shadows

Post by Leighlia »

I think it's hilarious how many people see reports like this and say "Oh, I wish I could see something like that, it'd be so cool."

All too often then when they do actually see something unexplainable they are not as facinated as they think they will be and the experience is not nearly as "cool" as they had thought it would be. Something I learned the hard way and refused to re-enter my own bedroom for 2 1/2 weeks, making my brother go in and retrieve clothing and things for me (until he started charging me for each trip).
dnl
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: one wrapped in shadows

Post by dnl »

what are you talking about
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stalking the Shadows

Post by Leighlia »

Vicious wrote:I wish so much i could see such phenomonah as described on that page.
I hear so many people say things like this. That's what I was talkin about. But when faced with it in truth they often wished exactly the opposite.... Oh, never mind.
:(
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Leighlia wrote:
Vicious wrote:I wish so much i could see such phenomonah as described on that page.
I hear so many people say things like this. That's what I was talkin about. But when faced with it in truth they often wished exactly the opposite.... Oh, never mind.
:(
You find this all over the place in books about the unexplained and paranormal phenomena. People who claim to have had personal experiences with something outlandish are often quite upset, wish they had never seen the monster, and can have horrible consequences happening like reporters who never leave them alone, marriages that unravel, and that sort of thing.
-Jamie Hall
soulwolf32

great

Post by soulwolf32 »

I think it would be awesome to see a skinwalker in real life I am scared of not too many things and the ghosts and monsters dont bother me that much.I would be in awe at first but it would be cool :shift:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

You find this all over the place in books about the unexplained and paranormal phenomena. People who claim to have had personal experiences with something outlandish are often quite upset, wish they had never seen the monster, and can have horrible consequences happening like reporters who never leave them alone, marriages that unravel, and that sort of thing.
That's why I don't plan to announce openly any significantly abnormal paranormal events or try to prove them to the world at large. (unless it's something that both can be proved and needs to be, such as, say, an alien landing in my back yard with a pod carrying the cure for every illness) If I start seeing dead people, you're probably not going to hear about it. Lycanthropy is a special case, that's been heavily pondered, with several contengencies based on whatever circumstances get paired with it.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

I found more on Skinwalker Ranch:

A Wikipedia Article

There's also a book out now on the topic.
-Jamie Hall
Neilak20
Legendary
Legendary

from the Wikiarticle

Post by Neilak20 »

"A large orange portal in the sky which appears to open into another place (blue sky can be seen through it at night) and black vehicles have been seen entering and leaving the portal
Magnetic anomalies "

That one's definately beyond freaky as are all the reports of tunnels and portals and such.
Roodhoor
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Roodhoor »

It is interesting indeed.
(of course, there's a "but" :) )
Would I want to experiece something like that?
I don't know...i think if you're not a very down to earth person this can do you no good. Perhaps you will not be able to really explain for yourself what you've seen, perhaps you will spend the rest of your live searching for something more (...and not find it).
Imagine to live in a house that behaves like that....makes Poltergeist look like a field of daisies.
No, I don't think it would be fun...IF there is really something like alien -landing and stuff.

Well....and if there is something unexplained going on for sure....than be fast an earn one million dollar here:

http://randi.org/research/index.html
Eala Frya Fresena!
Lever dood as slaav.
Neilak20
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Neilak20 »

Ah I remember hearing about that Paranormal Million $. If you had more than one paranormal thing going on, such as on the Skinwalker Ranch, and Could prove it, would they pay you a Million $ for each paranormal thing you could prove, or just 1 million$ for all of them put together?

If I were to experiance something that paranormal and extreem (Note: I have seen some freaky stuff before) I think I could be rational enough afterwards...I think.
Roodhoor
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Roodhoor »

I think you'll just get it once.
But the conditions to take the test are high and the reward is up since 1964 (only then it was just 1,000 dollar).
No one ever got it.
Eala Frya Fresena!
Lever dood as slaav.