Werewolf mythbusters

The place to talk about where a lot of things started. Stories and history, references, etc.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Egad! Jamie's a Were-Walrus!

I wondered why he did all the water stuff...now I know. :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

RedEye wrote:And the way to use Vodka to stop the Werewolf virus is to take it internally, not externally.
Could actually help, now that I think about it... it could relax the nascent werewolf so that they're not so terrified at what's going on with them, and, the way I see it, if they're not fighting the change, it might be easier for them...
Distorted Realism
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Thinking with portals

wolf belt

Post by Distorted Realism »

hmm... maybe if i can fond some site that sells wolf pelts ill test the wolf belt...
If sleep is an escape for us, than we are all cowards. We spend one third of our life trying to get away...
-The Dark Dimension
Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sneezy
Location: If I told you...well let's just say it wouldn't be good

Re: wolf belt

Post by Irish Wolf »

Distorted Realism wrote:hmm... maybe if i can fond some site that sells wolf pelts ill test the wolf belt...
...I don't know what to say except that that idea disgusts me...unless the wolf was already dead for natural reasons...still ugh...
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

Ok, here's one.

1. Being bitten by a regular wolf ---- Busted!

I was bitten by a wolf named Lunadi, the origional "Ate Little Red Ridding Hood" wolf. Happened a while ago and still not a werewolf. Not sure if this was ever a myth, but thought I'd post it anyway.
Distorted Realism
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Thinking with portals

Re: wolf belt

Post by Distorted Realism »

Irish Wolf wrote:
Distorted Realism wrote:hmm... maybe if i can fond some site that sells wolf pelts ill test the wolf belt...
...I don't know what to say except that that idea disgusts me...unless the wolf was already dead for natural reasons...still ugh...

actually that is whaat i had in mind...i eard that it is legal to kill wolfs if they attack livestock...

also you lack cruelty....
If sleep is an escape for us, than we are all cowards. We spend one third of our life trying to get away...
-The Dark Dimension
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

there is not a single good reason in this world for killing wolves, if something dies at the end of the muzzle, then it was ment to be. Purely disgusting :x
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

Ok, be careful here guys. I scent a flame war coming up. Let's keep it to debunking rummors.
Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Post by Moonwatcher »

The drink from streem one was as i recalled was the stream had to be cursed
and the wolf had to have drank out of the stream no other animal just wolf.
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Kelpten wrote:Ok, here's one.

1. Being bitten by a regular wolf ---- Busted!

I was bitten by a wolf named Lunadi, the origional "Ate Little Red Ridding Hood" wolf. Happened a while ago and still not a werewolf. Not sure if this was ever a myth, but thought I'd post it anyway.
Actually, unless Lunadi was a Werewolf, all you got was bitten. It has to be a Practicing Werewolf; not just any old "cousin" Wolf. I hope Lunadi is alright...humans are full of nasty things that can give the cousins indigestion at the very least.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Moonwatcher wrote:The drink from streem one was as i recalled was the stream had to be cursed
and the wolf had to have drank out of the stream no other animal just wolf.
That's a new one: Running water is deucedly hard to curse ( in fact it makes a great shield) because it is moving constantly. Now if you were referring to a pond or pool; that's different. Still water can be easily cursed, and will retain the magical energy as long as it stays still.
Imagine that the animal who drank from said pond wasn't a wolf, but, let's say--a moose.

OhmyGawd!! A Were-Moose! Of course, no one will admit to being one...
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

RedEye wrote: I hope Lunadi is alright...humans are full of nasty things that can give the cousins indigestion at the very least.
your concern for my wellfare is touching :roll:

I pulled my hand back in time to receive only a couple scars. Lunadi is as happy as ever. He still growls everytime I so much as glance his way though.
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Rosiewolf »

I vistied the website and the part that says: "Being bloodily murdered on a full moon" part doesn't really make sense to me. First off, if you're dead, you can't really become a werewolf. And second, I am sure that loads of people have been killed under a full moon and never turned into a werewolf, and also, they would be dead. So I really don't see how that part would fit into becoming a werewolf. Unless you were to come back from the dead, but wouldn't that make you a zombie or a vampire?
Take my advice-- I don't use it anyway
Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Irish Wolf »

This was in two stories in a book of werewolf stories, supposedly if your index, middle, and ring fingers are the same length or very close to it your a werewolf.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Irish Wolf wrote:This was in two stories in a book of werewolf stories, supposedly if your index, middle, and ring fingers are the same length or very close to it your a werewolf.
As I remember, it's "If the Claws on your index, middle, and ring fingers are all the same length, then you're a Werewolf...or you have a crappy manicurist... :lol:
Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Irish Wolf »

RedEye wrote:
Irish Wolf wrote:This was in two stories in a book of werewolf stories, supposedly if your index, middle, and ring fingers are the same length or very close to it your a werewolf.
As I remember, it's "If the Claws on your index, middle, and ring fingers are all the same length, then you're a Werewolf...or you have a crappy manicurist... :lol:
:D the stories said fingers and along with that there was the single eyebrow thing

Well, anyone wanna try the claw thing?
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

There are a lot of us here with a Monobrow; only mine keeps slipping off to one side now and then.

As for Claws; keeping them well trimmed (electricians diagonal cutters, different grades of files, sandpaper, and pink semi-transparent nail lacquer) works for me. The nail lacquer is to cover the telltale gray color and make them at least look human...
:evil:
Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Irish Wolf »

RedEye wrote:There are a lot of us here with a Monobrow; only mine keeps slipping off to one side now and then.
That's why i didn't put that originally, that can be changed in various ways wax is one of them
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Irish Wolf wrote:
RedEye wrote:There are a lot of us here with a Monobrow; only mine keeps slipping off to one side now and then.
That's why i didn't put that originally, that can be changed in various ways wax is one of them
Or the glue lets go... :lol:
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Re: Werewolf mythbusters

Post by vrikasatma »

Piling all your clothes together and pissing a ring of urine around them...

What?!?! I'm a chick, I can't do that! Or it's really hard to do that. It's not like we can aim, like guys (theoretically) can.
ImageImageImageImage
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Re:

Post by Howlitzer »

Blue-eyes in the dark wrote:there is not a single good reason in this world for killing wolves, if something dies at the end of the muzzle, then it was ment to be. Purely disgusting :x
Well you forget the hypothetical situation were an animal (this applies to any animal in my mind, including wolves) is attacking a person or, especially in this case, a child. In that situation, my policy is that you have the right to defend yourself to whatever degree is necessary. In some situations this may warrant a gun if you have it, because animals can be quite determined, especially when it would just up and attack a person.

Defending yourself is one thing... I'm all for defending yourself...

....hunting them down is another, and *that's* what I have a problem with.

I trust any intelligent person can distinguish between reasonable "self defense" and the point where it goes beyond that.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Once there is a sufficient population, most wolf communities will manage themselves.

There is a reason for killing wolves, but it doesn't include hunting. That is population management. Most of North America is unbalanced enough that humans have to do the predation that in the past was done by other animals.
Sadly, sometimes we have to kill some wolves to prevent the whole population from starving, or in rare cases; the spread communicable diseases external to the area. Think smallpox and american indians...
This is not hunting. This is doing what is responsible, since we screwed up the natural balances ourselves, and now have to take nature's place in this unpleasant task.
Current wolf populations are not that high yet, that we need to manage them in that way.
Hunting Guides can learn new skills. Wolves can't...quite, yet.
lycan94
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycan94 »

Okay, killing a wolf out of self defense is one thing, but to test a stupid myth; damn it, if I was the devil* I would strike you down where you stand. No, worse, i'd turn you into a wolf and make it so you were forced to live every bit of crulety to a wolf for the rest of enernity, Distorted realism.
Honestly though, a lot of these "Turn into a werewolf myths seem a bit off the mark. I mean, hemlock and nightshade will kill you.

*Ha. I'm an atheist. I don't even Believe in the Devil!
Death is the final reminder of our own mortality.
When all my ennimies die, I hope i have the strength to spit on their graves or the money to pay someone to do it for me
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Uhhh...Lycan 94;
Could you try that again, only this time in English instead of Rant? I've read your reply to Distorted Realism three times, and it still doesn't make sense.
lycan94
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycan94 »

(nervously laughs) Sorry about the ranting. I do that sometimes. Okay, alot, but what I was trying to say was that to kill a wolf in the sake of testing a myth wasn't worth it.
Wolves don't attack humans, why can't we return the favor?
Death is the final reminder of our own mortality.
When all my ennimies die, I hope i have the strength to spit on their graves or the money to pay someone to do it for me