You're Take On Those Who Believe

The place to talk about where a lot of things started. Stories and history, references, etc.

Do you belive in the werewolves/think you can change?

...Damn no. I've still got my senses and logic.
16%
I like to keep my mind open to the possibility, but I know it's likely that it's not true.
66%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
19%

Total votes: 96

Were Dono
Legendary
Legendary

You're Take On Those Who Believe

Post by Were Dono »

I'm quite curious about your take on
those who believe in Werebeasts...or think that can transform into one.
As I'm pretty sure there are a few on this forum who probably think these things.

Personally, I feel there's gotta be something wrong with a person if they think they can transform.
As for thinking that they're real, I can understand the case they we don't know all that's out there...
But, honestly if there were be a way, it'd be in evolution.
And, the body only evolves to something that's necessary to survive, or an upgraded version on it.
Changing to a werebeast wouldn't...actually help anything.
It'd actually cause more problems.

Then there's the whole thing where's it's physically impossible.
What with there needing to be a source of where the body got enough to actually build muscle and bone...and what not.

But, that's really all besides the point.
What are your views on this, and the people who believe in it?

EDIT: Seeing that most were unclear about the question at hand,
I'll add in some BASIC questions. Do try not to stick to these too much.
I'm really hoping this will turn into a debate, or a long conversation.

Do you feel that those who believe in werewolves (in all they mythological glory) are of harm to themselves or anyone around you?

Do you feel that those who believe that they can physically shape shift are of harm to themselves or anyone around you?

Would you welcome/get rid of these types of people, should you have the chance? (those being the believers)

Ect.
Last edited by Were Dono on Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

i wanted to choose inbetween the third choice and the middle choice but I ended up choosing the third one because...well get in my head/mind and you will see things never seen by anything in there :D of course I wouldnt let you in anyway...

Anyway...

I think it's very very possible that there are werewolves whether they can shift or not

and I know science is all like it would be impossible and the body could never take it...yadda yadda blah blah...whatever

I think werewolves are out there and I think it is possible to shift....in some strange way...i think its possible whether on Earth or on a whole different planet or in a whole different dimesion, solar system, etc....whatever
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
Absolute Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Absolute Wolf »

I have to agree in some points with Wolf4life (Though I have chosen a different answer/vote). If we look at the cruel facts,then I guess we can that they aren't any.But there are a lot of possibilities why they weren't registered or taken in consideration (No one lived to tell about it - 1 possibility).
Nothing is really impossible, just takes time and effort to get over the boundary.
But...Hey...If I see one nowadays I'll let you know! :D
Were Dono
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Were Dono »

Well, I suppose to each their own.

Where as I...kind of believe in a phantom-shifts.
Which I believe is basically a mental state of a transformation and nothing but.
But, those who go through those, admit that it was something they did them selves.

I suppose if a werebeast ever appeared, I would be surprised.
Happy, but surprised.
Last edited by Were Dono on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Were Dono wrote:Well, I suppose to each their own.

Where as I...kind of believe in a P-Shift.
Which I believe is basically a mental state of a transformation and nothing but.
But, those who go through those, admit that it was something they did them selves.

Happy, but surprised.
I don't see how it could be considered a "P-shift" if it isn't a literal, physical change...

I honestly don't believe in any of it, but the only people that I would think are a little crazy are the ones who think they've literally turned into a real werewolf.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

i wouldnt think they were crazy if they have evidence!

then again...i wouldn't think they were crazy...just....a little off or they could have been dreaming or very serious about the matter
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
Were Dono
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Were Dono »

ravaged_warrior wrote:
Were Dono wrote:Well, I suppose to each their own.

Where as I...kind of believe in a P-Shift.

Happy, but surprised.
I don't see how it could be considered a "P-shift" if it isn't a literal, physical change...

I honestly don't believe in any of it, but the only people that I would think are a little crazy are the ones who think they've literally turned into a real werewolf.
Well, perhaps I've misread about the P-Shift.
I had thought it as just a mental state.
Or...I guess I was thinking of Phantom-shifts.

Haha. I'm retarded.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

i wouldnt think they were crazy if they have evidence!
Well, that goes without saying. Someone with actual, confirmed evidence is clearly awesome rather than crazy.
I had thought it as just a mental state.
I think that one's called an M-shift or mental shift... It's all rather confusing (never did figure out the difference between some of them, there's like five...), and I haven't payed attention to it in a long time.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

Theres P-s***, physical shift

Mental shift

Dream shift

like an attitude shift

and something else

ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Phantom shift. It's supposed to be like having a phantom limb (where the place there used to be a limb will still feel like it's there... or be itchy, or something), except it was never there.
-Jack Handey
Were Dono
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Were Dono »

wolf4life wrote:Theres P-s***, physical shift

Mental shift

Dream shift

like an attitude shift

and something else
I think that would be Phantom-shifts.
Similar to Phantom Limbs and what not.
That's basically the forced one.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

i'd rather p-shift then any of those

Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Then there's column-shift, which is nothing whatsoever to do with werewolves but is something to do with the old Belmont I used to drive...
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

There should be a blank for those who do believe in physical shifting but who don't profess such ability themselves. I won't check it, because I personally doubt its existence, but that option should be there. It's a pretty critical portion of the believers camp--if I'm right, it's all of them.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I picked the middle one :)
Doubt that real shifting werewolves exist, but it would be pretty cool if they did :D
Were Dono
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Were Dono »

Scott Gardener wrote:There should be a blank for those who do believe in physical shifting but who don't profess such ability themselves. I won't check it, because I personally doubt its existence, but that option should be there. It's a pretty critical portion of the believers camp--if I'm right, it's all of them.
The poll...is rather insignificant.
I just threw it up out of boredom.

I wish people would pay more attention to the question at hand, and not just the pole.
I'm gunna take it down...to see if I can get any sort of original response.

I don't mean to offend anyone here...
But, the most I've got is:
"I know it's not possible, but I still believe!"

I guess what I was hoping out of this thread was something more original.
Other than the same responses I've heard 500 times from every werewolf fanatic.

Once again, I don't mean to offend anyone.
But, I guess I should keep these kinds of questions to other sites.

Edit: And of course I can't take the poll down. Just my luck.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

OK, trying to be serious for once (which isn't something I'm all that good at doing...) If the question you're asking is the question I think you're asking... While I don't believe in the existence of real-life werewolves myself, I don't think that those who do believe in the existence of such are doing anyone any real harm, so they should be left to believe what they like. Such a belief is a lot less harmful than some of the wacko belief systems out there.

Anyway my stock answer to the question of "do werewolves exist?" never seems to be one of the options. This answer is: werewolves should exist. The world is just slightly less wonderful without them.
Were Dono
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Were Dono »

Midnight wrote:OK, trying to be serious for once (which isn't something I'm all that good at doing...) If the question you're asking is the question I think you're asking... While I don't believe in the existence of real-life werewolves myself, I don't think that those who do believe in the existence of such are doing anyone any real harm, so they should be left to believe what they like. Such a belief is a lot less harmful than some of the wacko belief systems out there.

Anyway my stock answer to the question of "do werewolves exist?" never seems to be one of the options. This answer is: werewolves should exist. The world is just slightly less wonderful without them.
There we go :]

Maybe I should have made my question a bit more clear at the front.
I'll be sure to edit in an example and such.

I'm hoping all this could possibly turn into a debate.
Those are always fun.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

so im confused....

was the question here actually...."whats your take on werewolf believers" or "Do werewolves exist"

Were Dono
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Were Dono »

wolf4life wrote:so im confused....

was the question here actually...."whats your take on werewolf believers" or "Do werewolves exist"
Check the main post for the big edit
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Absolute Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Absolute Wolf »

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I'm pretty convident that it originated from Europe. Most people will say that it was either Germany or France were werewolves originated from. And obviously the bloodline is very old and is thus very spreaded all over the world nowadays. The wolf's essence was even captured when humans were still true hunters.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Absolute Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Absolute Wolf »

In my earlier post I meant that I have my doubts that they originated from Germany.I didn't say that they didn't originate from Europe. (I'm also at the same opinion that they originated from Europe,yet there isn't an exact location.No offense). Yet there are many rumors that they might have also originated from other continents and then spread through out in Europe.
Yet as it is spread it would be hard,if not impossible to trace back.Sadly.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Ok, then we agree. :)