one thing everyone knows

The place to talk about where a lot of things started. Stories and history, references, etc.

are u a believer?

yes
44%
no
36%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
19%

Total votes: 36

Wolf Gal
Banned
Custom Title: Werewolf.... Howlllllll
Mood: Depressed

one thing everyone knows

Post by Wolf Gal »

every normal person in the world don't believe in fantasy...
but we as a community of werewolves believe in all thins that are believed to be 'Fantasy'
but any in this community that doesn't believe should be running away right now but if u do believe check out my poll :)
Grrrrrr........ Dragons or werewolves i am so in..........
http://world7.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=113179143
go to this website to become a werewolf
Pet's name: Shana
Adopt your own!
http://new-moon-movie.net/forum
go to this if you like newmoon and twilight and all that stuff
Leonca~
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Cat who walks by Herself
Mood: Stressed

Re: one thing everyone knows

Post by Leonca~ »

Nope. :lol:

How did the “legends and lore” forum become the “do you think they are real?” forum? :?
Sombra avatar by Leopreston at deviantart.com
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Wolf Gal wrote:every normal person in the world don't believe in fantasy...

News to me.
but we as a community of werewolves believe in all thins that are believed to be 'Fantasy'
An assumption, since I highly doubt you've interviewed everyone on this site and found the above statement to be true. Though, since you're speaking from the perspective of a believer, it's possible that you've interviewed all of the one person it takes to validate your statement from your point of view.
For example, I know of a member of this site who believes that the Fey are real, and not the Tinkerbell and tooth fairy type either (though the Hellboy tooth fairies probably merit inclusion), yet I'm reasonably sure she doesn't believe in Brain Moles that inhabit our skulls and use us as puppets to their macabre play. So, a member of the community that doesn't believe in all things that are seen as fantasy.

Fantasy is a subjective term.
but any in this community that doesn't believe should be running away right now but if u do believe check out my poll :)
According to your poll, the unbelievers outnumber the believers. Who is doing the running exactly?

My sincerest apologies for bursting your bubble, but erroneous hyperbole in the form of assumptions outside of the purview of the speaker just irritates me. That's not sarcasm, I know how important it is to believe in something.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

Wingman wrote:...yet I'm reasonably sure she doesn't believe in Brain Moles that inhabit our skulls and use us as puppets to their macabre play...
Dude. You DON'T believe in Brain Moles?!? You must be enlightened and purge yourself of their evil fuzzy puppeteering ways!

:P
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Fallenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf Of the Blood Moon
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Fallenwolf »

brain moles are a bigger problem then manbearpig.
keep the message about brain mole awareness alive befor they get you.
mess with the best die like the rest
Pet's name: Sèitheach
Adopt your own!
http://s4.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=152051 werewolf game come i got a clan to!
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Obviously werewolves don't exist, but clearly Manbearpig is one of the greatest threats to public safety there is. Fortunately Al Gore is on it so I'm not worried. I used to think Gore was kinda out there when he was always going on about that "global warming" stuff (like anybody would ever believe in that), but it's reassuring that he's got the Manbearpig thing under control.
:evil:
FormicHiveQueen
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: I'd put something clever here, but you'd expect that.

Post by FormicHiveQueen »

No, I'm not too worried about a werewulf sneaking into my bedroom and biting me any time soon. Werewulves aren't physically possible anyway. I'm far more concerned with the nutcases who think they're vampires.
Give a man some fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for life.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

FormicHiveQueen wrote:No, I'm not too worried about a werewulf sneaking into my bedroom and biting me any time soon. Werewulves aren't physically possible anyway. I'm far more concerned with the nutcases who think they're vampires.
Really guys? Believing that a werewolf or a vampire might get you while you sleep is just silly.
It's the zombies that are the real threats! That is why I don't sleep anymore......that, and the evil clowns.....
:wink:

On-topic: Real shapeshifting werewolves? I highly doubt it, but hey, nothing is impossible. :shift:
Whisperwind
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Whisperwind »

FormicHiveQueen wrote:I'm far more concerned with the nutcases who think they're vampires.
ditto!! :lol:
wolves and dragons? i'm on board! ImageImageImage
SheAngel19
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Angel
Additional Details: This isn't my first time around the wolven block, got a question or want just ask or send me a message. I may be blunt but i won't be too vicious.
Mood: Meh...

Post by SheAngel19 »

You know i think it is all good to believe in some things. But you know what there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it. Chicky i have read some of your posts and i'm really thinking your in the wrong place. Don't get me wrong, i'm a believer BUT when you come to a place and you are new and have no established reputation you might want to keep the viva la revolution stuff on the low or your going to get chased out.

P.S. You guys please click my eggs i'm afraid they aren't going to make it. They only got two days left.
A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.[/i
ImageImageImage
Pet's name: Canthus
Adopt your own!Image
Pet's name: Balla
Adopt your own!
AngryGothChick
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hello person.

Post by AngryGothChick »

Ido believe in conditions.As for shapeshifting werewolves,no.
Out by sixteen or dead on the scene, but together forever
AngryGothChick
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hello person.

Post by AngryGothChick »

Silverclaw wrote:
FormicHiveQueen wrote:No, I'm not too worried about a werewulf sneaking into my bedroom and biting me any time soon. Werewulves aren't physically possible anyway. I'm far more concerned with the nutcases who think they're vampires.
Really guys? Believing that a werewolf or a vampire might get you while you sleep is just silly.
It's the zombies that are the real threats! That is why I don't sleep anymore......that, and the evil clowns.....
:wink:

On-topic: Real shapeshifting werewolves? I highly doubt it, but hey, nothing is impossible. :shift:
Off - Topic:Lol.Yes,the zombies are the ones we should be worried about. :lol:
Out by sixteen or dead on the scene, but together forever
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

I'll just take the poll and the question on their own merits, which is what I feel is best to add a constructive response to this thread (constructive is good, no?).

It all comes down to two questions, for me.

(i) Do you believe in werewolves on Earth, here, right now?

I don't know, I find it hard to believe because of the evidence against the idea, I'm open to it and I consider it a possibility, but at the same time I file it under 'highly improbable'.

(ii) Can werewolves exist by grace of future knowledge or alien understanding (in other words, forms of Science we don't yet understand)?

I definitely think that's possible, it would be the height of arrogance to believe that some form of life out there hadn't achieved something that humanity can't yet. I believe that human knowledge is a great guideline for understanding the Universe, but it's not the be all and end all factual nature of said Universe.

So I believe that werewolves could quite easily be out there, somewhere. There are so many possibilities to consider with this, dimensions we don't even know exist yet, another people with a greater understanding of the Universe than we currently have, what we may discover in the future that may make our knowledge today look laughable...

There are too many possibilities to discount. So I strongly believe in the possibility, if that makes sense.
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

yes, or this one idea i keep hearing from the super believers, on other sites, that in the years 2012, that a great evolution will happen, causing every living thing to change, including the earth of course, but we'll never know if it's possible until that time.....Though, i wouldn't hold my breath. still, it is a different idea.
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Post by wolfward »

How on earth could anyone here actually press "no"??? If you don't believe then: "WHY THE HECK ARE YOU ALL HERE?!" Just one thing I'd like to know....Because if you are only interested in werewolves for the facts, then I think that is so the opposite of patriotism because I love werewolves sooooooo much they have to exist, right? Even it's only in my own mind.... I just feel kind of insulted how that there are still fewer believers than knowers.....if you know what I mean. If the werewolf is liberation, then why are you all doubting? I've just taken a hard blow.....owww.
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

There's an entire ballpark between liking werewolves, and leaving your window open at night in the hope that a werewolf wanders in, and yet another ballpark between that and genuinely believing that you, or others, can transform and going out of your way to act accordingly.
Additionally, the werewolf does not represent liberation for everyone. For some people it's the exact opposite, symbolizing a lack of control, a lack of freedom, a curse rather than a gift.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.