Regarding 'Freeborn'

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Regarding 'Freeborn'

Post by Figarou »

PariahPoet wrote:Hey you! I said I was sensitive about my slow climbing!
http://pariahpoet.deviantart.com/#/d4igcki

Who? Me? :jester:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re: Regarding 'Freeborn'

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:But it didn't start out that way. MLP during the 1980's wasn't a huge success. It was aimed at little girls. The studio that did the MLP:FiM version didn't expect it to become so popular. Especially with grown men!!
*nods* MLP was basically Hasbro's guinea pig. It was a nearly useless trademark that they had absolutely no expectations for, so the only reason they really greenlit the project was to see if a series would help any of their other trademark toy lines.

And since they had no expectations for it, they had no requirements for it. So the writers and animators got to do whatever they wanted with it, and rather than just slap something together and collect their check like most animation teams do, they did felt was best for it. And that's why it worked.

What I expect will happen (and hope will happen sooner than later) is that the industry will learn it's less about the type of content and more about the way it's handled. A production studio that operates under this mindset wouldn't throw out Freeborn or Camp Lycanthrope as soon as they find out it's about werewolves; they'd actually read them first.