Inhuman: Episode 1 is done. On to phase 2.

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Inhuman: Episode 1 is done. On to phase 2.

Post by Terastas »

I don't know if this counts as Pack Business or not, but I've seen other Pack projects mentioned here and couldn't have done this without a lot of the feedback that came from the Pack (indeed, I'm pretty embarrassed by the stuff I was writing when I originally signed up here), so I think it counts. Admins, if I'm wrong, I apologize and request that it be relocated to the proper forum. Otherwise, I apologize for this waste of time.

Anyway, after six months of writing and years of planning, I finally have something that resembles an actual pilot episode. I've proofread it a couple of times (and will keep proofreading it until I can do an entire read through without once going "Oh snap, what is wrong with me?!") and checked a couple of online resources to make sure I'm formatting it correctly. More importantly, it means I'm (almost) ready to move onto the next steps -- getting a registered copyright, and seeking out second opinions.

For the registration part, I'm looking for two things. The first is advice: To anyone here at the Pack who is ahead of me in this department (Anthony, Matt, etc.), I would love to know how you approached getting your work copyrighted/registered, how and where you did so and whether or not you'd recommend that. The other is webhits: All the places I know of presently where I could register it charge more than I can presently afford to spend, so I'm asking everyone that cares to click the link in my signature and click through the articles so my next check from the Examiner can cover it.

Once I can get it properly registered, I'll be ready for second opinions. Everyone I know of that's written a script before eventually shared it here, so when it's ready, I plan to do the same. My biggest concerns right now are that I may not be formatting it properly and that it may not be translating visually, so if you have any experience at all with scripting and formatting, I would love to get your opinion.

Thank you all for the many years of support and inspiration (even if you were just humoring me all this time). I'm nowhere near my goal, but I feel a lot closer to it now. Thank you.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Re: Inhuman: Episode 1 is done. On to phase 2.

Post by Wingman »

This just reminded me of a rather excellent website I found with a collection of non-official scripts for various tv shows, some of which don't exist(yet). And I can't remember the name. I just remembered an awesome original series I was reading on there, that I didn't finish. This is torment.

Best of luck to you, and if you ever need a fresh set of eyes I'm more than willing to help.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Re: Inhuman: Episode 1 is done. On to phase 2.

Post by Sebiale »

GOGO The Pack Productions!
We could make a studio at this rate :P (a very small studio).
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.