Pack helping Pack members succeed...

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Baphnedia

Pack helping Pack members succeed...

Post by Baphnedia »

In The Pack, we have many different creative talents and projects represented. Movies, books, artwork, games, music, coding, animation... you name it, there is probably some one here who does it. Given that most of us could always use consistent word of mouth, but nobody wants to overload our friends (on Facebook, Twitter, etc & email); 'cause that's just shoopid.

There are two consequences that I'm looking for this to cause:
1) Pack members help support one another on projects (such as a Pack Member helped me with 50% of funding a piece of artwork!).
2) By mentioning that the project was found through The Pack, it becomes free advertising (per se) for The Pack, and we can become and stay active, as a group.

Two threads I are slightly different in scope.
1) Projects in The Pack: One post per project that you're doing, or if you offer a service (writer, artist, etc), this is your space to write a LITTLE about yourself, provide links to your work or about the project itself. Edit your existing post with updates (try to write the sort of things that don't need to be updated often). You may also want to link to a thumbnail so when people are sharing your project on Facebook or whatnot, they have an image to include with the link.
2) Project Updates: This is kind of like the sticky in General Discussion about posting the latest and greatest about your project.

What I ask is that once per week (or more often if you like), go through the Projects in The Pack thread and select a project that you haven't shared with those outside The Pack before. If you are comfortable sharing publicly that you are a member of The Pack, then it will be nice for us that you mention that you found out about this project via The Pack. Don't start repeating through the list (in any order you want), until each project is mentioned once by you. People who have projects, I also include you in spreading the word about other projects here - how can we expect other Pack members to support us, if we don't support one another?

A final note, I suggest that the first time you share a project with anybody, if you know more information about the project than is meant to be public (IE you are an investor or work for the person creating the project) that you PM the person who posted the project and ask how best to share it. This will keep people who have investors through The Pack (and certain other relationships) out of water so hot it could heat the sun, legally and financially. If you have questions about how to share a project with the world, I would say to ask the person who posted it, as well.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook