A CALL TO ARMS

Post by ABrownrigg »

Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Re: A CALL TO ARMS

Post by Goldenwolf »

Oh reeery? I still have the poster on my wall, hoping.....
Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana. Get over yourself.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

The last studio i've been dealing with has finally given an official 'no' on the film. All these years, its always been on the burner. Even through red victoria, and archaic redemption now.. freeborn has always been the 'grail' project.

With the options seeming dwindling as far as getting studio backing.. its time for something different.

NOW, with the advent of indiegogo, and kickstarter.. it is now legally possible to start a campaign to gain funding for the film. We're starting small.. the site opens Feb 1st.. make sure to like the facebook page too.

AB

The last two years has seen a number of trials and tribulations. Silver was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago today. She beat it.. and beat it against the wall like a wolf on prey. In the meantime, i've been in the background, getting stronger.
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

Man, this gets me excited! :o

I'd all but given up on this film a long time ago, but I'm really happy to hear this news! We should get this promoted on Werewolf News, r/werewolves on Reddit, Werewolf Cafe, the Werewolves at Heart group on DeviantArt, and anywhere else y'all can think of.
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Sheba
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shy
Mood: Happy

Post by Sheba »

This is great news.
Im so happy. :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

*gasp* :o

I was getting to the point where Freeborn will never be made. But I didn't give up hope. I'm still lurking these forums. AND I still have these hanging in my home theater room!!

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... C00007.jpg
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... C00004.jpg

Public funding......hmmmm......I helped with Red Victoria!! I was very proud that I did!! I LOVE to see if I can help out with Freeborn!!

Thing is, I need to wait a bit. I need to make sure I don't owe on taxes this year. AND I'm thinking on going to A-kon. But money is tight these days. :(

I'll know more later. Just keep us posted!!
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

This really isnt even about money. yes it is of course.. But anyone that cant spend.. then promote.. get it out there. The web here is wide and deep enough to get this into the widely public eye now. It's already happening.

I will give all of you a heads up on how the funding will work for indiegogo

At present.. the dollar amounts to pledge are

$5
$25
$50
$200
$500
$1,000
$5,000

A five dollar pledge gets your name on the upcoming website and in the credits.

THE PACK as a whole will still have an opening credit on the film. period.

When the site on indiegogo opens, all the perks for each dollar amount will be listed there. Along with several new videos describing the film, the pack, werewolves in general, makeup vs. CGI.. the works for the public eye.. And the pack plays up in the forefront on this.

I had someone on another werewolf site today contact me and ask me if I would be willing to take suggestions and comments from others outside the pack.

I said no. The pack got us here, and you dance with the one that brung ya.

The video is a smashing success at the moment.. we've already gotten over three thousand dollars pledged from NON pack members, and the site isnt even open to take it in yet. I think this can actually work.

AB
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

OMG OMG OMG! I nearly gave up all hope for this project. I seriously hope this movie takes off! God speed Anthony.

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Seeing that indiegogo started in 2008, it would've been nice if you went that route when this place was highly active. Now you need to re-assemble the pack. If I was you, I would send out a mass email to all pack members leading them to your post.

As for making the pledge, $5,000 is to much. $1,000 means I can't go to a-kon. So I'm looking at $500. I already helped out with Red Victoria and I enjoyed it so much! Here's hoping you get what you need for Freeborn.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou, you know I always wanted to meet you in real life. You seem like a fun person to hang out with. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Figarou, you know I always wanted to meet you in real life. You seem like a fun person to hang out with. :D
I've meet several pack members at a convention. (A-kon) That's probably the only way to meet.

@ABrownrigg
Are credit cards the only way to contribute at indiegogo? I rather use Paypal. I will not use a credit card.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:Thing is, I need to wait a bit. I need to make sure I don't owe on taxes this year. AND I'm thinking on going to A-kon. But money is tight these days. :(
Same here. Didn't contribute to Red Victoria because I was broke and unemployed, and the situation hasn't really changed much since then either.

But while I can't promise how much I'll be able to contribute, I promise this time that I actually will contribute.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:
Figarou wrote:Thing is, I need to wait a bit. I need to make sure I don't owe on taxes this year. AND I'm thinking on going to A-kon. But money is tight these days. :(
Same here. Didn't contribute to Red Victoria because I was broke and unemployed, and the situation hasn't really changed much since then either.

But while I can't promise how much I'll be able to contribute, I promise this time that I actually will contribute.

Oh...I PLAN on contributing. Not sure how much right now. But I do know Freeborn can't be made from our contributions only. He's going to need outside help. I don't think a Pack member will have enough to donate $5,000.

I also checked how donations can be made at indiegogo. They take credit cards. I don't think so. I only have one and I don't want to put a lot on it since the limit is at $500
FoxKnight
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Account in stasis
Mood: Indifferent

Post by FoxKnight »

If one could donate through PayPal, even I would be able to contribute, though I wouldn't be able to send very much
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

The lowest contribute amount that will be available on the indiegogo site regarding freeborn will be.

$5.

Yes.. and you get a special thanks on the website for that amount.

$5. can go a long way. It can pay for a bottle of spirit gum that can last through several makeup applications of various werewolf transformation stages. Mostly for hair placement, but still.

It's small amounts like that, that can bit and piece its way to getting the film made.

I'm referring to this film as a CAP film. (Community assisted production).. I'm not only going to make freeborn this way, but also going to try to make this an accepted avenue for independent film.

Think about it. You spend 20-30 dollars on a DVD.. more for blueray.

10 dollars for a movie ticket..

Each time not knowing if its even a film you're going to enjoy. You just hope the writers, and directors and producers ideas are something the public is going to think is HOT, and worth the price of admissions.

At least with THIS film.. ; being a part of it, and the fact that the writers and directors ARE listening to fans before the film is finished, gives you a much BETTER chance of enjoying the final product, not to mention having the satisfaction that your voice was heard.

So $5. can go a long way.

But something that's worth more?

Is being part of the process in the first place. And helping the artist paint a picture that has a greater chance of reaching your emotions, and creating something that a group consciousness can sit back and all enjoy for years to come.

THAT... is priceless. :AB1:
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

And indiegogo does indeed accept paypal
FoxKnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by FoxKnight »

Oh, then I guess I won't need to get a credit card anymore :3
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

A call we all will follow of course.....
Any new news is great news...In this special case, it's awesome news.....even more than that. I was hoping that this day would come so much. The day, Freeborn will be reborn. It's been a really long time since the last time but it still feels the same to me. I am very excited writing this right now. Of course I will try to help out with some money too. Call me stupid, but I sadly don't know where to send it. I would highly appreciate if someone could tell me please;)
These news really made my day...or even my whole week :wink:
Thanks Anthony for restarting this amazing project. I already feared, that Freeborn would never become the film, we all waited for, after it has not worked last time. I know the extreme potential of this movie....
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
FoxKnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by FoxKnight »

Well, nothing has started yet. The beginning of public funding will start on Feb 1st at www.indiegogo.com

Don't worry about it yet, ABrownrigg will most assuredly post a new thread will the link to it
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Celestialwolf wrote:Man, this gets me excited! :o

I'd all but given up on this film a long time ago, but I'm really happy to hear this news! We should get this promoted on Werewolf News, r/werewolves on Reddit, Werewolf Cafe, the Werewolves at Heart group on DeviantArt, and anywhere else y'all can think of.
Seconded!

And thanks! I got this news through Werewolves at Heart.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fullmoonstar »

FoxKnight wrote:Well, nothing has started yet. The beginning of public funding will start on Feb 1st at http://www.indiegogo.com

Don't worry about it yet, ABrownrigg will most assuredly post a new thread will the link to it
Yeah, I have already seen it now. Thank you nevertheless. So we will need to wait for the first to start then and need to use the time to make it public :D
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'll know how much I can pledge when Feb. 1 rolls around. Is there a way to give X amount and then "upgrade" later by contributing more over time?
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fullmoonstar »

Scott Gardener wrote:I'll know how much I can pledge when Feb. 1 rolls around. Is there a way to give X amount and then "upgrade" later by contributing more over time?
That is an interesting question, since I have planned to do the same. I thought that it will be possible that you just give some more money after a special amount of time and just donate again...But as you have said, it would be interesting to know if you could kinda update the money, you have already given, so that you can see how much it is in the end.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Indie gogo actually doesnt really work on an 'upgrade' here's how it works.

Ever see a PBS pledge drive? much the same.

for 5 dollars you get a special thanks on the website.

for 25 dollars, you get (blank)

for 100 dollars you get (blank)

for 500

for 1000

for 2500

for 5000

for 10000

etc. etc.. the blanks will be filled in on Feb 1.. but I will say that ONE of the gifts back is going to be an official pack rubber duckie emblazened with the pack symbol.

t shirts of course are customary

some statuetes for higher dollar amounts.. etc. etc.

you get the picture.

So you could give 25, and then go back and give 50, or so on and so on.. but they're 'package' deals.

AB :o
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:And indiegogo does indeed accept paypal

Good. :D

I will NOT use a credit card.