Gathering The Pack

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Re: Gathering The Pack

Post by Meeper »

Trinity wrote:Some of us may want our names in the credits, sure. Some of us just want to see the movie made. Some are willing to forgo payments for work, as silly as that may be in this economy - all for the love of this movie-to-be.
One of us just wanted to do some photo-manipulations.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

It's true that there's a lot of old ground we have already talked to death, but the rekindling has brought up some very sophisticated conversations that would blow the minds of the casual werewolf fan of a few years ago. I've been to at least one werewolf discussion panel (Dragon*Con last year) where it was clear that a lot of people are nowhere near where we've come as far as developing a complex idea and appreciating the full psychological ramifications. Too many are still stuck on good-vs.-evil or whether or not eating people makes one psycho. We still have a mission. And, even if Freeborn were to disapprear again, we'd still have a reason to be, because there are other film makers, writers, and artists here to make our stand against sparkling vampires and werewolves who walk on the ceiling.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Consider myself "gathered". :D
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

It's Magic!

I play land... Black lotus, channel, Fireball!
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I'm considering putting together a one time mass-email to the verified members of this board. It could contain details about the new future of Freeborn, the state of the forums, and a link back to the current url.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!

Post by Trinity »

I like that idea. Some of us have been posting on our various networks and what not - I know Golden Wolf posted something and that's what brought me in. I've gotten some interest from other areas I visit. But a mass email might be the thing?
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

The only problem is, if it is an email, someone already pointed out that people may have forgotten the emails they used back then, or they got hacked, or they moved on.

A mass PM won't work either, since if they don't come to the boards anymore... they're not likely to get it.

However... i think you should try it and see what comes of it.

I'm only on a limited amount of places, and i doubt any of them would really want me, a nobody, asking them to take a look at this place.

There might be a couple people who i can scrounge for... but not many.

Any ideas as to what i can do too? I really want this place to live {more} again.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
cjkrythos
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Full Moon Librarian

Post by cjkrythos »

Silverclaw wrote:Oh man.

It's been awhiles since I've last posted here!

Glad to hear about recent developments with Freeborn, and to see that this place hasn't died off!

XD
YEAH! my thoughts exactly! I was just horsing around, checking my messages, and then found that the address had changed, which is why I couldnt check here occasionally. Never noticed it got moved to a new server.

BTW, I wont be able to check here regularly, but Ill try to do it at least once every few weeks. So, what has everyone been up to since 2010 when I stopped seeing people post.

In case anyone is wondering, update on me. Started driving truck on the road in late 2009 and made it into a dedicated route hauling lawn mowers from ohio to MS. Continued to drive till a month ago, quit PAM, started driving gasoline tanker, got thrown out of the program because I made too many mistakes during training and now am Unemployed, looking around for something local. Oh, and last September I got diagnosed with a benign spinal tumor, which they removed at the end of October.(yes, it sucked) Im quite fine, thanks. Now, Ive started playing Star Trek Online for entertainment. (not for any interest in joining the Federation, I just enjoy blowing stuff up and Ive been wanting a good scifi game to play)

and as for ways to get people back on the site, might I suggest other werewolf/furry/therian sites. Once the word is out, people will start coming back. Spreading a mass Email would work too, but we gotta all do our part. Im gonna send my two cents out and see what kind of effect it has.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Scott Gardener wrote: ...and werewolves who walk on the ceiling.
SpiderWolf! SpiderWolf! Does whatever a SpiderWolf does! Look out! Here comes the SpiderWolf...
:evil:
Marcwolf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Marcwolf »

Hi All.
Was just browsing some old posts and I wonder how The Pack has been going. I sort of drifted out when the movie did'nt seem to be getting anyware (though that looks like it could change) and also I am involved in a few other forums as well.

Anyway - consider me back (for worse or better)
Marc
Walk Quietly Through This Earth
Leave Nothing But Smiles and PawPrints
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Welcome back! It's been awhile!
Fenris Lupa
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Fenris Lupa
Mood: Meh...

Post by Fenris Lupa »

Yeah I've been in and out for a while, but that was due to me not having a computer. But now that I do, I'm on every other day or so....slow time or not, I'll still come by and see what's going on.
Never do anything as a Wolf you wouldn't do as a man...if you have a good heart...you'll be a good dog