Returning admins/moderators?

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Returning admins/moderators?

Post by Kaebora »

I direct this to the general population of these boards, because the administration here serves the community, and not themselves.

I came back on a whim, and unexpectedly still have full access to moderation controls. I'm fully capable and willing to resume duty as a moderator, and even as an administrator again. However, I fully understand that after such a long time being inactive (4 years), the trust in me could have faded. Especially with so many new members. If requested, I can resume the role as a regular member. If not, I'll continue to serve this community the best I can, even better than before.

It brings to question what would happen if the other inactive mods and admins return. Should they also be able to keep their roles and abilities?

To simplify the question, is it fair for old mods/admins to come back and just pick up where they left off?
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Re: Returning admins/moderators?

Post by Trinity »

That's a good question. I don't have any personal issues with it myself. You folks were picked for the role for good reasons. As long as those reasons are still in good order, and the person isn't going to be a jerk about it, then to me there is no need to question it further.

But then, that's just my simple opinion. ;)
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

I agree with Trinity
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

The old guard is fine with me. But, being one of them myself, I suppose it's someone else's opinion needed. But, I'm happy with the scents left by the long-time alphas.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

As one of the "new" guys here (I didn't show up until 2006), I'm fine with it. :D
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Uniform Two Six wrote:As one of the "new" guys here (I didn't show up until 2006), I'm fine with it. :D
Hard to believe that I showed up in 2005.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Yay, old people!
:D
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

I think i also joined in 200-... hmm... brb... going to check my first post...

EDIT: 2007... you two are "older" than i am... oy... wait a sec... that can't be... i Graduated in 07... and was on here before then... what the heck?

Yep... my intro and first few posts are missing... i think it was 2005 i joined. yeah it was... used to go on here on my typing class computers in 05...

huh... dose that mean we've lost some of the older posts when we switched, or did those get deleted somehow?

Or is there an archive around here?
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

WerewolfKeeper3 wrote:I think i also joined in 200-... hmm... brb... going to check my first post...

EDIT: 2007... you two are "older" than i am... oy... wait a sec... that can't be... i Graduated in 07... and was on here before then... what the heck?

Yep... my intro and first few posts are missing... i think it was 2005 i joined. yeah it was... used to go on here on my typing class computers in 05...

huh... dose that mean we've lost some of the older posts when we switched, or did those get deleted somehow?

Or is there an archive around here?
WerewolfKeeper joined the forum on Wed May 02, 2007, at 7:01 pm, it's right there, beneath you avatar pic :wink:.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

WerewolfKeeper3 wrote:dose that mean we've lost some of the older posts when we switched, or did those get deleted somehow?
You might have had to create a new account if you bookmarked your logon info on the school computer and couldn't remember them later. I've done that a few times and forgotten about it later.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

My memory is shot...
... found my intro post... made on may 14 2007...

oy... sorry...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)