A shadow of what we once were

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Re: A shadow of what we once were

Post by Meeper »

Uniform Two Six wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:30 amI suspect that if a new werewolf project got off the ground, we'd see a similar resurgence.
Not to go off topic, but I've been wondering about that lately. A few years ago I got bored and thought about writing a story, never thought it could work, but eh, something to do. Time passed, and I haven't written a single meaningful word yet. But that's just the writing part, I've gradually collated thoughts and ideas. And they've matured. I was thinking of writing it up and posting it here, but...

Well, let's just say my first thought was to palm it off onto AB as the basis for a potential Freeborn sequel, since there's enough potential tie-ins to make it work. But given how that's going, I've been wondering, anybody feel like throwing together a creative community project? I don't know if I'm willing to give up my unborn literary first born to a community project just yet, but I think I've at least got enough to rethink the werewolf story in an interesting, maybe even fresh way. Or I could be a delusional idiot who has nothing worth a dang, who cares, a community project might be worth having a go at anyway.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

I think that could be fun. I think it depends upon how comfortable you are with losing control over your personal creation, though. Once you invite the community to play with it, you may find that the community starts to drift in a direction that you weren't thinking of. I can't find it on YouTube anymore, but AB once posted a video where he talks about how Devoured slowly morphed into Freeborn. Now, AB didn't much care that there was that much of a concept-drift... that was his whole purpose in a sense. But when it's Your Baby, it's different.

But, if you want to post it, I for one love talking werewolf, so...
lck
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

meeper im intrested also.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

Uniform Two Six wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:52 pm I think that could be fun. I think it depends upon how comfortable you are with losing control over your personal creation, though. Once you invite the community to play with it, you may find that the community starts to drift in a direction that you weren't thinking of. I can't find it on YouTube anymore, but AB once posted a video where he talks about how Devoured slowly morphed into Freeborn. Now, AB didn't much care that there was that much of a concept-drift... that was his whole purpose in a sense. But when it's Your Baby, it's different.

But, if you want to post it, I for one love talking werewolf, so...
lck
Hmm. Well at this point I can only post sketches of some scenes, describe overall plot (if it can be called that, I wouldn't know a plot from a flower bed.), and some character outlines. What I lack is a solid comfortable platform to write on, that's what's holding me back, notepad/wordpad just don't seem like the right tools, know what I mean? :lol: .

A community project need not be collective world building, it can be sort of episodic, with different writers giving their spin on a loosely defined core. Feeding off each other (no pun intended) but not usurping one another (as if a crystal jewel of perfection is even possible). Now where to put the thread, in the writing section, or general, or where?...I'll meet you there.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.