What does it mean to be a werewolf?

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Silverfang wrote:Just the idea of being different, unique in a way that few others can understand. Not so much the power just being able to scare the living daylights out of someone by a thought
Scaring the crap out of people seems to be a common theme here. :D

Edit: Moved stuff. And spelling.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:The awards topic has it's own thread now, please respond there:

http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/vi ... .php?t=904

-- Vilkacis

Ummmm....I could've split this topic if you told me to. :(
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

hmmm, for me being a werewolf would be a gift and a curse at the same time
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

Transformation, change, becoming that which is the True Inner Self.

They embody the ability of physically manifesting that which they are inside. Most of humanity hides their true inner nature for fear of outside repercussions. Sometimes this is very harmful to the person as they repress -everything-.., just to fit in.

Werewolves are pack creatures, they seek to be social, be a part of something larger then thmeselves.., even if this is only for survival sake.

At the same time ( depending on the Mythos and from where it comes ) Werewolves are loners, survivalists. Bearing the burden of their fate upon heavy shoulders, so they must hide.

Most people of the 'Mundane' type would NEVER accept a werewolf into their midst. They, to them, are evil, horrible creations.., and ment to be destroyed, hunted, erradicated, or "Saved". Some humans undersatnd. Some crave to become a werewolf.

To me this whole oxy-moronic state of being reflects a lot of my own life. It took a major effort to break free of teh social bond my peers tried to place on me. It took courage to face the world, alone, without support, and constantly paranoid that those I -wanted- to be my friends.., I may not ever be able to truely trust. Then discovering my 'pack', and those who could accept me for me and not what they wanted me to be.

Transformation. Change. The Pain of it, as well as the joy. :)
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Post by Grayheart »

Trinity wrote:Transformation, change, becoming that which is the True Inner Self. ... Transformation. Change. The Pain of it, as well as the joy. :)
This expresses almost exactly what it would mean to me being a werewolf. I couldn't have stated it better. But one thing I would add: True freedom. (on a more symbolic level)
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)
Faolan Bloodtooth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Faolan Bloodtooth »

Being a werewolf to me means freedom...

Wouldn't it be cool just to strip off all the excess baggage of humanity and run like the wind in an open field, not caring about anything except what your next meals going to be :D

Sorry, daydreaming :)
The Past Is Dead...
The Future Is Unborn...
The Moment Is Yours...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i think i posted here i don't remember

To me being a werewolf means being free from any thing that is human, laws, rules, body, weakness, even my humanity (yes i hate being human, being human sucks a**!) and to have all physical power! and all the ladies love big strong hairy men. :wink:
THE GAME

My Armory
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

It would be akin to my present feelings of needing to get out and away from all of this, only more so. On the plus side, it would include the means of doing so.

It also would mean having a perspective on people independent of people. You can know so much more about something if you understand as well something else for comparison.

Most people don't think of themselves as animals, but they exhibit the same pack tendencies that wolves do. Force of personality drives social structure, and people subconsciously sort themselves into alphas, betas, and general followers. Werewolves would have a better understanding of this tendancy and could tend to be alphas among people, having a strong presence. Enhanced senses could also make werewolves killer poker players. They could read people and convince them that they were psychic.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

Being a werewolf means freedom for me also. Being able to shift into something so spectacular and not being scared of the world outside, because you are in wolf form. You could wonder the dark forests, and run through the trees and let all things human just melt away. No stress, no worries. You just take in the world around you and explore it. :howl:  :oo
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Definately freedom and power, also a burden.
It's a gift that makes you powerful enough so no one can hurt you physically, but also a strain to keep yourself from dismembering others who hurt you emotionally. Kind of a spiderman thing power/responsibility. :D
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

different....
special...
isolated, mabye even alone...

though are physical and potentiial spiritual benifits, without a strong mind, or the right mind, it could be difficult...

both humans and wolves are pack animals; neither can live alone and stay sane...[/i]
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Teenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Having the light to lead them...

Post by Teenwolf »

I think it would be a interesting experience....being a big, strong powerfull werewolf ( dreams) and hunt thrue the nights...find a pack and be part of it

but it also can be a bad experience if someone sees you and got scared, maybe call the police and they hunt for ya, that would be stupid.
And sometimes you cannot control yourself as a werewolf and maybe kill someone who loved you.. :(
PROUD TO BE A FURRY
Valdyr
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Valdyr »

Magic... and freedom. A life away from the mundanities of our own typical world, where we can leave it all behind and just run, bark, howl, (or make other sounds depending on your werespecies), and have a good-old, tail-wagging time.
Shadowsaber
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Silver shadowsaber the six tailed

Post by Shadowsaber »

I see it as being something a nature and going back to the roots of life it self. :howl:  :oo I Love bing a Were and the power to change out this form to a next.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Being a Werewolf...
Twice as much time spent grooming: First the Smooth body, then the Wulfen body. Two of almost everything related to bodily upkeep; from tooth/fang brushes to body brushes and clippers. Nail files and wire cutters (the claws break nail clippers) and if you don't keep them trimmed, you hang up on carpets and make lace of your socks and shoes.
Of course, there's the relationships angle, the Wulf is a lot more picky; and one needs must keep from going too far, unless there have been extensive preparations made.
Hiding the permanent modifications to the body from inquisitive people; and the loss of saturated color vision is a bummer, although the increase in night vision makes up for it. The hearing is useful, too; since it works even in Smooth, as does some scent capability.
Being immune to most toxins is useful, and the lack of the seasonal colds and influenzas make it much healthier; although it helps to call in sick now and then, just to maintain one's cover.
Keeping the big SECRET is a pain, since most people are either desensitized or just don't care anymore... It does perk up one's social life, though; since the people you hang with are like you: almost like Alcoholics Anonymous. It is that close...and that distant.
The Hunters, whether junior Van Helsings or the creeps that work for the Drug companies make life interesting, and not un-dangerous.
All in all, it beats being anything else.... :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Moonstalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moonstalker »

For me being a werewolf is freedom, a key out of this s***ty society. People talk about freedom but where is it? You're chained in society to give away your money and doing work till your body collapses :cry:
In darkness I travel
In shadows I walk

Guided by the beast in me...
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

What being a werewolf means to me:
Change
Being different
power
beauty
grace
isolation
XIV
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

why is this in general buisness? should it be in what should a werewolf be or general stuff?
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I agree Fenrir.

Being a werewolf is:

Free
Strength
Power
Balance
Pure
Natural
Earthy... :howl:  :oo
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

being a werewolf means that your a "human" "wolf" :wink: :D to me it means that im probably going to be hunted down by the govt. and killed and used as some govt. science experiment. :x
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

White Paw wrote:being a werewolf means that your a "human" "wolf" :wink: :D to me it means that im probably going to be hunted down by the govt. and killed and used as some govt. science experiment. :x
More likely they'll just think you're a looney. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

I think being a werewolf means escaping reality and the norm and just become that animal that has always been living inside of you. It also means to be free, powerful, and fearless of the things that have always kept you down.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary
Location: Cambria,Wisconsin away from other lycans like myself, man it gets lonely here!!!

Post by Silverwolfman »

we all have our own meanings of being a werewolf. me personally, i think its being free, becoming a powerful animal from within urself to escape what people around u call reality. you live ur own reality when ur werewolf.
Werewolves are seen as cold blood killers to some. In my eyes we're all part of this world and must be accepted not rejected or driven away.
Moonstalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moonstalker »

Silverwolfman wrote:we all have our own meanings of being a werewolf. me personally, i think its being free, becoming a powerful animal from within urself to escape what people around u call reality. you live ur own reality when ur werewolf.
Pretty much... sometimes I wonder how people can be happy. I had depression in the past and it made me think and see things in the new way. Reality: no reason, no destination. Who am I, where do I belong. How they can claim that we are free, we are slaves of the society and our leaders own the world. There is no freedom. Long as we remain humans, it is hard to leave everything behind. No freedom, no reason... what are we? Will it solve our desire and take away our problems if we were werewolves... no one knows. Still I'd like to be werewolf, just once.
In darkness I travel
In shadows I walk

Guided by the beast in me...
Doberman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian

Post by Doberman »

Anonymous wrote:The night air is cool, crisp, clean. There is less clutter during the dark hours. More space. The smells talk of creatures moving in the distance, the hills full of the season. The sounds tell of streams with silver water and branches calling to the moon. The sounds of creatures scurrying below you, and flying above. It is a time of clarity. To move is to claim the wind as your brother. To move is to know the flowing power of your muscles. It's good, good to stretch them again.

It is not that you are swift. You are speed itself. It is not that you are strong. You are strength itself. You are a liquid energy and power flows like the blood in your veins.

It is the knowledge that this time is yours. In these hours, you are alive.

Complete.

Free

Who is this person?

They sign in here as guest, post only once, there's no interest tab, pm tab, location, or whatever. Just their name and the post.

Fig, do you know. Does anyone know.?

Their post is on the first page somewhere.