Execute Plan B: Domain Change

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Execute Plan B: Domain Change

Post by takyoji »

As you may have noticed, the website has been inaccessible yet again, due to domain expiration. I hold no ownership nor control over the domain, as a previous admin still holds it, and the registration of the domain has lapsed probably each year for the past 3 years or so, if I'm not mistaken. I've generally managed to keep it going by sponsoring a renewal (probably almost every time). As it is, if I were to try moving the website to a different server, I wouldn't be able to, as I wouldn't be able to update the records.

My original plan was just to let the domain drop this time, and register a new one, but instead I opted to renew it once more, so that I can register a new domain, and have it forward everything to the new domain, for it to be done more gracefully.

Nonetheless, I just need some suggestions of options for a new domain name. The current domain is "thepackden.net", I was thinking of "thepack.forum", given there's the newer domain ending options (known as TLDs, Top Level Domains), but unfortunately ".forum" domains aren't open for registration yet, and their progress doesn't seem promising. If anyone can think of other options for domains that are available (you can search for what's available at: namecheap.com ), feel free to mention them in this thread.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Execute Plan B: Domain Change

Post by Uniform Two Six »

My only $.02 would be to use the full "thepacksden" in the domain, if the existing domain disappears, as that's what I'd type into a Google search.