Crowd Funded werewolves: "Perk" ideas needed.

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Crowd Funded werewolves: "Perk" ideas needed.

Post by Meeper »

Wuff!

*Edit* Just to clarify, crowd funding is only an idea being considered at this point, but relates to the production of parts of the practical effects for Freeborn's gestalt werewolf (aka: The werewolf suit). Note, this is not for the production of Freeborn itself, just the werewolf suit.

Primarily this is for an optics system designed to allow the werewolf performer to see what they're doing properly, and so perform more naturally. Any cash left over I imagine might go into facial animatronics things (or more optics units, I'm still considering this eventuality).

As of right now I'm talking to a company to get the optical parts built. There's a financial snag though, in that they generally only do bulk purchases for "products of this nature". I've been quoted $10k minimum.

Obviously I'm going to shop around a bit, but $10k is what we're looking at right now. I don't know what this means yet, we could get 20 units, in which case we'll probably have a surplus of parts. Or this could run well over $10k needed to furnish the three suits I had planned for. I just don't know yet.

Anyway! Let's assume this happens, and these practical effects are being crowd funded; we'll need perks for the donors!

Any suggestions? :)

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Chance
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: There is joy in everything you do, you just have to realize it's there so you can embrace it.
Mood: Happy

Re: Crowd Funded werewolves: "Perk" ideas needed.

Post by Chance »

Yeah, this reply is a bit late to the game but oh well. Just in case.

Honestly if this is still happening, there are only a few practical perk ideas. You need to conserv funds , so you don't want to really throw any cash out into the perks. So, with that being said. One possible perk could be behind the scenes access. Not in person, per say, but and example of this is something like those patron streams. If your a donor of a certain amount you get special access to a private stream. I know of a vape reviewer who does this for his patrons. They have like a hangout session or something to that effect.
Even though this isn't for the funding of Freeborn, tickets to the movie when and if it does come out would be a perk. I think anyone willing to put cash into this project should just be aware of the fact that they are contributing to a dream that may never see the light of day. That should be a disclaimer, NO REFUNDS.lol . After all this whole idea is close to twenty years old.
Any perk that is going to be cost effective is gonna have to be exclusivley interactive with production of what ever is being produced and not some kind of collectable thing.