The Future of The Pack - IMPORTANT

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: I leave you guys for one moment, and...

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:
Scott Gardener wrote:Vilkacis:
Scott Gardener:
Shadowblaze:
If these two show any kind of interest, I would give them fair consideration.
I appreciate it, but I'm already juggling enough as is, so I'll leave the moderating to people who know what they're doing.
I understand what you mean. It's not a position I would like to occupy for many reasons.

-- Vilkacis
I was never a moderator. I'm not sure if I qualify for the job.

Everyone has different views about the top poster. Some say I'm dedicated. Others say I have to much time on my hands. Some may think I do nothing but sit behind this PC everyday. I do have a life and I really don't want to spend most of it on this computer. I need to start riding my bicycle again. My job consists of sitting. Coming home and sitting behind this PC is not a good thing. I'm going to be 38 soon and I need to get back in shape. I'll still be on the boards. Just not as much as I used to.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Re: The Future of The Pack - IMPORTANT

Post by Aki »

Figarou wrote:[
Oh sure. Lock up that duckie, why don'tcha.

*Opens cage* :duckie

:D
*eats freed duckie*

Anyways, im not sure what to say here. Thats why i haven't posted yet.

My brain went BOOM :P
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Oh my goodness. I go for a few days, and this place gets a talking.

Dang, what responses. I'm floored, and flatterred as well.

I think that this might take more development and setup than I originally anticipated before it 'takes off' to the masses.

Perhaps I should just take a hiatus, and put a couple folks in charge temporarily while I get the film going, and then go from there. I know eventually I want this to be the property of the fans, not the filmmakers. But at the same time, I want to do what's best for the fans first.

So, for now, I will remain at least Chairman of the board. And appoint moderators in addition to akujiwolf, and a second administrator. Hmmmmmmm... choices, choices choices... I'll get back to ya in a few days.

Also I appreciate the comparison to Bill Gates, and Linux. Even though...

...... im a mac user. (RUNS!! Then stops and shakes his fist) AND I"M PROUD OF IT!!!
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

ABrownrigg wrote:Also I appreciate the comparison to Bill Gates, and Linux. Even though...

...... im a mac user. (RUNS!! Then stops and shakes his fist) AND I"M PROUD OF IT!!!
And Mac OS X has a BSD core, does it not?

:lol:

It's similar enough to linux for me... One big, happy Unix-based family. :D

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:

So, for now, I will remain at least Chairman of the board. And appoint moderators in addition to akujiwolf, and a second administrator. Hmmmmmmm... choices, choices choices... I'll get back to ya in a few days.

I could give it a try. I'm going to be doing allot of bicycle riding to try and get back in shape. I can check the boards everyday, but I have to cut my time online in half. Gotta move them leg muscles!!
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:lol: Climb trees! Yah, I could give it a try too. AB, would you be able to come back after the movie is out? or will people still :femshft (<-b****)?
Marcwolf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Legacy

Post by Marcwolf »

Hi ABrownrigg.

I don't often post much (mainly due to work issues) however I just wanted to drop a line and say thanks for creating this forum and taking the collective viewpoints of the contributers in making the movie.

Myself well - I'll be 45 this year and for a long as I remeber I felt a kinship with canids/lupines. Found a great way to be a wolf in public too.. Make a costume 8)

When I discovered the net I also found AHWW (Yep - the old Doc Werewolf still lives and torments the WWW), and through it found a kinship with many others who had similar interests.

You have provided many of us with a glue, a place to meet and talk whith out feeling threatened or riduculed for our respecive feelings and beliefs.

It is sad that you must step down as leader of the forum. I understand your reasons - you have other duties to do like make the movie. And again your concerns of 'insider trading'

For my 2 bits worth.. I think Figaro would make a fine moderator. Goldenwolf too however I do understand her relutant (Hi Golden..)

However ABrownrigg - you will always have the honor of starting 'The Pack' and nothing can take that away from you.

To quote

From Tiny Acorns Mighty Oaks Shall Grow.

Take Care and Happy Hunting.

Yours Marc.
Walk Quietly Through This Earth
Leave Nothing But Smiles and PawPrints
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:P Fig's already an admin, so he's a sorta moderator already.
bluephoenix
Legendary
Legendary

Post by bluephoenix »

the "inside trader" rule is just another way for the man to keep you down. FIGHT THE MAN TONY!!! i'm just kidding. that is a bunch of bull though. those corporate @!#$'s. man i hate laws.
greniar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: the scholar

Post by greniar »

Fig MUST carry on the pack
GRIFFON:I'm Griffon ,and I'm a werewolf
GIRL:your crazy!
GRIFFON:Perhaps I was too forward.
greniar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: the scholar

Post by greniar »

Oh, and ABrownrigg I, as both a movie fan and a werewolf fan would personally like to thank you for starting this forum, it is possibly one of the greatest web organizations I have been a part of. Many thanks again

-Greniar
GRIFFON:I'm Griffon ,and I'm a werewolf
GIRL:your crazy!
GRIFFON:Perhaps I was too forward.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Shadowblaze wrote::P Fig's already an admin, so he's a sorta moderator already.
he's the top moderator he just gave himself his own title of greatness or whatever
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Fenrir wrote:
Shadowblaze wrote::P Fig's already an admin, so he's a sorta moderator already.
he's the top moderator he just gave himself his own title of greatness or whatever
Top Moderator? Own title of greatness?

ABrownrigg said I "represent the Pack." So I decided to go with "Pack Representative" instead of "Administrator."

I'm just a Pack member like everyone else.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

And so modest. Hes definatly earns the title.

Lol, messing with you Figarou.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Shadowsaber
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Silver shadowsaber the six tailed

Post by Shadowsaber »

I don't care what person shut what down i'll be forever a were no matter what. God where did all the freedom Go Huh....
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ARMY Wolf

Post by strykeriuswolf »

Listen i dont know if it will help but I can work my normal magick at my dads work and i might be able to get a donation to the pack....I may not be that important but i am sure as heck glad to be a part of it and im glad to do my part to chip in on keeping things going....again i dont reall know if i can but i will try, also i dont know if it will help but i could post stuff at my highschool?

Strykerius Wulf hwlwnk
I dun care what people say about us furries, I'm darn proud to be one and have always been proud. POWER TO THE FURRIES
Razu
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Razu »

Man i would have loved to have been able to talk to A.B. even if it was just a couple of posts. But he must be really busy right now and he will only be busier in the future. I may not have been here long but people have sure shown me an amount of respect i would never have found at other forums. This is a great place to find comfort when your feeling down. It emmenates an aura of warmth and comfort. Many would consider the pack a community of friends. I consider it a family of sorts, a family that i would love to be a part of. A.B. if you read this no matter where you go or what you do we will be your support, your free spirit, your second home, your pack.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I've always said I'm intersted in moderating or anything, and I have a good background in running forums and community's, so just contact me if you need any.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

The Pack

Post by RedEye »

For my two bits worth, I suspect that this organization will be around for a long, long time.
We do need to get with membership cards and other Pack-stuff, if for no other reason than giving real-world legitimacy to this Web site.
Once that's done, I suspect that we will not only grow in ways we are only dreaming about right now, but we will give Mr. Brownrigg more bargaining power with getting the Motion Picture into production.
PackWere is good: But there are other inclusive media that are not only available, but either cheap or free.
Silly, perhaps, but there's something about the cards that is bugging me:
perhaps some special things that can only be ordered through the Pack.
I know I'm plugging the Pack and Freeborn in my story (when it gets published).
There's something here: Werewolves not as Monsters, but as a hidden population, somewhat afraid of the smooth-skinned majority; determined to survive and perpetuate their kind. That's what the book's about...
It's a totally new direction for Were's; and it's a good one, IMHO.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

In all honesty we don't need membership cards, pendants, fund rasing or anything of that nature. Because we are s closely knit community, we feel compelled to do so regardless. I wouldn't mind helping to develop the membership cards. Seeing as how there would be over 200 of them, that would be tough to pull off. Especially since every card includes different information. At least the pendants are all the same, and thus may take less time to fulfill everyone's order. (If I'm wrong about that, my apoligies to the one who is working on it.) I really wonder what purpose membership cards could serve though. Would it be worth the huge amount of time and effort? That's a good question to pose to the rest of our group.

I for one would love to see the opportunity for a treasury to be formed so we could purchase our own seminar and/or booth at conventions, pizza parties, and make donations to wolf sanctuaries. Due to the size of our group, we have a great potential to raise a lot of money for good causes. The only hard part is finding a Pack Treasurer that everyone can trust holding onto their hard earned and donated money. Sure we like to think we are all honest folks, but treasurers in government steal funds undetected all the time. Here in New Mexico the state treasurer was arrested for it, so you can see why I'm being so vigilant about it.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Well this all looks mostly 18 months or so old, so I suppose everything has already been decided... but my 10c worth would basically be: no matter who it is who takes over management of the Pack site, ABrownrigg should have some sort of recognition for kicking the idea off in the first place, even if he needs to step back for commercial (or spare time) reasons. Something like "Founder". Certainly the Pack has become a force in its own right, but it shouldn't be forgotten how and why (as I understand) it was started.

Another thing that's really valuable here, as well as the community, is the massive amount of work people have put in to describing the best sort of werewolf they could imagine in a film. I can imagine that in, say, five years' time, after "Freeborn" has proved that there's a viewer demand for a good werewolf drama, any producer wanting to cash in on the trend is going to be told (by backers or whoever) to have a look around here and see what the fans actually want. So, even after "Freeborn" is old news, there'll still be a place for the Pack and a need for the Pack to exist.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Kaebora wrote:In all honesty we don't need membership cards, pendants, fund rasing or anything of that nature. Because we are s closely knit community, we feel compelled to do so regardless. I wouldn't mind helping to develop the membership cards. Seeing as how there would be over 200 of them, that would be tough to pull off. Especially since every card includes different information. At least the pendants are all the same, and thus may take less time to fulfill everyone's order. (If I'm wrong about that, my apoligies to the one who is working on it.) I really wonder what purpose membership cards could serve though. Would it be worth the huge amount of time and effort? That's a good question to pose to the rest of our group.

I for one would love to see the opportunity for a treasury to be formed so we could purchase our own seminar and/or booth at conventions, pizza parties, and make donations to wolf sanctuaries. Due to the size of our group, we have a great potential to raise a lot of money for good causes. The only hard part is finding a Pack Treasurer that everyone can trust holding onto their hard earned and donated money. Sure we like to think we are all honest folks, but treasurers in government steal funds undetected all the time. Here in New Mexico the state treasurer was arrested for it, so you can see why I'm being so vigilant about it.
But pendants are just so much fun!

:lol:

I agree about this idea though, it's a good one, perhaps when the movie is sorted out and the pendants are sorted out, this would be well worth looking at, mostly for the charity purposes I think, for example the wolves of Idaho. I think we already make a big difference on petitions!

Pack treasurer, I think Leighia (Eh I bet I spelt her name wrong) is doing well with the pendants, or perhaps someone like Fig or the other long lasting moderators who have been here for a while.

It'd have to be allowing of all countries, too, as some of us aren't in America and it makes it difficult to attend any seminars or anything. Which really, really sucks!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

this might have been already asked or answered but CAN WE send some kind of dues if we wanted to... IS there something like that set up so we could contribute in the preservation of the pack if we wanted.. :)
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

I could set up a Paypal, but who could you trust with all of that money? I trust myself, but I'm not experianced with fundraising. It's so hard to find someone that wont take the money and run. That's my main (and only) counter-point.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

You're really dedicated to your possition aren't you Keabora? You're doing a great job! :D
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon