The Future of The Pack - IMPORTANT

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Future of The Pack - IMPORTANT

Post by ABrownrigg »

Well, guys and gals. I can't say enough about what you folks have done for interest in film in general. The story of the pack is spreading into the industry beyond the press. Other production companies are starting to take notice now and we might have really started a trend.

As much as it thrills me. It also saddnens me to say that it is now politically incorrect for me to be running this forum. It started as mine sure, but it now belongs to you. I need to be taking my place as one of those outside filmmakers that gets your advice. It is important that this site be heard not just by me, but by others in the industry. And having myself placed as the administrator of these boards, is the film industries equilelant of 'insider trading'. I will make a new nic for myself, and take my place among the masses that are sure to follow as this film grows. I would love to say that this wouldn't be the case, but it has already started as I go into negotiations with major players. I will of course post a comment or two from time to time as the director, and answer questions.

There is so much that I want for this place, so much that I dreamed of. Yet the potential of this community has filled my heart with so much joy I can hardly stand it. There will be things that you guy's come up with that I'm sure will shock me in the future, and make me proud. (chuckle) I sound like a father sending his kid off to college. (EGO STROKE)

So here is the status of things regarding the pack. I will keep in control until.

1. ThePack Website is set up. (expediting the process)
2. All templates for cards and pack necklaces are made.
3. The corporate structure of the not-for-profit organization is set up. So that The Pack can sell items, of whatever kind, and use the profit to their discression, prferably wolf park.

I will do these things, but in the background. Which means, Yes, I will continue to pay for the webspace to host the pack site. (it's the very least I can do), and I will give all templtes for member cards, and raw necklaces to the appropriate parties.

appropriate parties you say? Yes, I fell a legacy is passing, To Whom do I pass the torch to? My suggestion is to suggest a three party committee. All three having an equal vote. (a three legged stool will always stand without wobbling). I have been watching all of you, and you have ALL been courtious, considerate, and constructive. (something I find rarely on other forums). I know that whoever takes over from me will make sure the pack stays what it was always meant to be. A Pack.

So, that being said. Here are some criteria that I think are needed for the 'pack council',
1. strong abilities in web design, and management.
2. strong political 'putting out fires, and making sure everyone's getting their thoughts in.
3. Strong intellectual. Background in understanding werewolf lore, legends, and the like.
4. Spokesperson abilities. Let's face it, freeborn is going to heavily hit the press with the pack story. Someone has to represent it, or at least be the 'front person'
5. Money management. This is a not-for profit, but it's still going to have to use paypal or the like, and manage the monies to get to wolf park, etc
6. Vision. It's the future.
7. Time. Let's face it. Someone who only gets on once a month, won't be able to keep up.
8. Integrity. ( I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH)

I will of course be around in the shadows once all this goes up, and am open to giving any thoughts you (the future council) might like to hear from me. So, everyone please feel free to comment, that will go on for one week from today. After that week, if we have a good structure. I will open nominations, talk about yoruself, talk about your friends, etc. THAT will go on for one week. At that time, I will choose 6-12 people that I think are worthy candidates (Hey, its my last hurrah as commander, I earned it). And then voting, (no polls) I don't want folks voting multiple times. If you wish to email your vote to me, or pmail it, that will work fine.

So, What do you think?
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

I hereby nominate Figaro as the next great chieftan of the pack.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

Sight...I almost have a tear in my eye. I'm not an important member here, yet I'm proud I belong here. So in the name of everyone: "Thank you so much. I'm proud to belong here".
I agree that Figarou would be a great alpha here, If he only had the will.
Last edited by Lycanthrope on Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemy
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Nemy »

It's sad you're forced to stop running the forums because of that 'insider trading' thing. Booh.

:cry:

Well, I don't have much else to say. Figarou does seem the right person to be the next "alpha", to my mind. And I know I'm very far from being an active woofie here, but I do have some affection and much interest for the Pack and the whole project.

:|
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Mafia? Not that I'm aware of...
Mood: Depressed

Post by What Mafia »

I thought Fig instantly, also. :lol:
It's a shame an entire family can be torn up by something as simple as wild dogs.

Post by Guest »

All I can say is good luck and.. Freeborn ! :o

I think the best is for interested people to PM you directly, then you will considerate each person independantly. It *is* a lot of work and responsibility, must understand that. But it is also for fun so... Not too serious, but .. serious.

:P
Ozone Grif
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Ozone Grif »

Woups, it was me above. Dunno why it hasn't auto-connected this time.

??
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

I also haven't been here physically long at all, and it saddens me greatly that I won't have more opportunity to get to know you more through the forums. But at least, hopefully, there's A-kon... Regardless, I wish you ALL the best as the project kicks forward into further stages of production, and that you won't have to worry about the continued, ongoing support from your forum base :).

That being said, I think that Figaro is a wise choice given his long-standing dedication to the forums - provided that he DOES have the web design abilities.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

I'm really thinking of a triad. Three folks, instead of a dictatorship, or maybe a cycling leadership program. I'm not entirely sure at the moment.

But I'll still be around, but I'll be a guest of YOUR site. Instead of you being guests of mine.
SGrayWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SGrayWolf »

What do I think? Hmmmm.. That's alot for me to think about but I do know that this is AS MUCH (if not more) your forum as it is ours. Damn political correctness, rarely do I care much for it. Ah well.

Kudos to you for giving all of us this opportunity to be a part of something so awesome Anthony and I'm sure there's a few someones that'll do just fine in managing these forums.

Indeed, it is exciting to think that you may have started a new trend in the movie industry. Heh heh. We're possibly TREND SETTERS! :D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

How is asking the fans what they want considered insider trading? All the other film companies had the exact same option available to them -- they just never took it! Serves them right for not being willing to shell out twenty bucks a month for a web forum!

But of course, it's your forum, and you obviously know a lot more about the film industry than we do. If those are your centiments, we'll respect them, but no matter what happens, you'll always be pack alpha to me.

Three cheers for Alpha Anthony.

Yip-yip! Arroooooooo!
Yip-yip! Arroooooooo!
Yip-yip! Arroooooooo!
WordWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ad bestiae Christi

Post by WordWolf »

I also think it's ridiculous. You had the brains to ASK the fans what they
wanted rather than GUESSING.
Then you made your movie as YOU saw fit.

All we did with each other was COMMUNICATE.

I REALLY don't get what the issue is. However, if it's enough to convince
YOU to step down, that's all that matters.

This isn't really just that you won't have TIME, right?
I mean, you could just say so.

=====
So,
looks like you need 2 more regulars,
at least one of whom has Web Design skills.

I'm not a regular, and I have no Web Design skills.

What regulars here have Web Design skills?
Anyone?
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

*sigh* I guess there's no changing your mind about it is there ABrownrigg?

I agree with Terastas, you will always be pack alpha to me as well...
:howl:  :oo
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

WordWolf wrote:What regulars here have Web Design skills?
Anyone?
*raises paw* I'm here pretty much every day if I can be. I can do HTML encoding for websites. My skills aren't super amazing, I'm by no means an expert, but I can usually figure out something as long as I have an idea of what it's supposed to end up looking like. I can probably do a better job at web design than Figarou at any rate. The real problem is convincing my mother to let me on the computer.

:oops:
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

I honestly do not understand. How is being an admin for a forum related to the film you yourself are creating bad? "Insider trading" is still a fairly vague analogy, since nothing is actually being traded. This forum is meant to make your film closer to what the genre fans want; how will being an admin give you an unfair advantage that being a mere user will not?

That said, if you feel the need to step down, well, go ahead. Just know that we thank you for this, and are stil looking forward to seeing Freeborn.

As for new Pack leaders... obviously the megaposters will come to mind first. They're the most prominent. But just because they're very active in the forum doesn't mean they have the skills needed to do the job. And I've only seen one person nominated, anyway. Why doesn't everyone who is interested in being a Pack Alpha post a kind of resume? Tell what qualifications you have, what you don't have but are willing to learn real quick, etc. Then in a little while we vote on wich three get the job.

Instead of essentially picking names out of a hat, this is really the way to go to get the best Alphas.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Reilune wrote:I can probably do a better job at web design than Figarou at any rate.
Well of course you can. Image

I never took a class on web design. After graduating from high school, I joined the Army. After getting out of the Army, I became a truck driver because thats what I did in the Army. Going to college wasn't on my todo list.

Being a Pack leader is a BIG responsibility. Its The Packs decision on what becomes of "Figarou." I have no skills of any kind. :(
Ozone Grif
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Ozone Grif »

I believe he doesn't want to be assimilated as somebody who has no ideas and who manages a community to 'build' his story related on fans' opinion. Fans who are certainly crazy because they like werewolves (aren't we all ?)

:wink:

I think I understand his movement. It's, sadly, a strategy you need to use when you want to keep your credibility in our stupid human society. Nobody likes it, but we all do it...

Anyway see the good points out of it. He's not leaving, he's just going in the background. And giving the lead to somebody else will offer him more time to work on his movie, isn't it great ?

:o
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Mmm... seems to be the end of an era. Oh well, things like this happen. I hope somebody suited to help run the boards is found soon.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Well let me give you an example.

I have my own site, im showing off the site as this is what the fans want. When they look and find out that I own it. Suddenly the question arises. Since I'm touting it so strongly that the fans are what is important, how many of those fans are actually Fans? how many are just freinds of mine, or myself making lots of different posts as different nics. Now i KNOW its quite easy to prove with IP addys and such, but if I have to go and do that, then they've already got me in thier mind as someone that could be dishonest. Even if they THINK IT. Their disposition towards me is less than it would be if I can say, Hey I'm a member sure, but I'm not the administrator, I can't go in and change stuff around.

In a film market where hype is a selling tool. Lots of bogus things come across peoples desks, You have to be careful how you come across. And I can tell you at this point in time, Its MAJOR IMPORTANTE. I hope I can give you guys some amazing news here in the coming weeks.

I'll be honest with you guys. I'm a filmmaker pure and simple. I love film, in all genres, and this is only one of them. I started this board to hear what the experts have to say, and now I've learned so much that Its hard to keep it in my head. But I love it. I have people contacting me from time to time, novelists, other directors, etc. All asking my advice because I'm some expert on werewolves. I always say the same thing. "Hey, i'm a filmmaker, i'm no expert, the experts are the pack, of which I'm a proud member. Check out the site, they won't let you down."

I'll be honest about something else. In november when I put this up. I was really only expecting maybe 50 hits or so. Just a few comments on what might be neat, or not in a flick. I had no great plan, I had no great vision. I only wanted to learn. AND WOW DID I. The site has posted over 2.5Million HITS! From over fourty two different countries. There's an energy here that I could NEVER have planned for.

Also, I'm not going AWAY. I'm still gonna be around. This werewolf film is only one of several that we have on the plates. Yes, Time IS also an issue. I have lots of things to manage with my own career, and other scripts.

BUT ABOVE ALL ELSE. .... I'm a werewolf fan.

and I will always be a pack member... I feel like sinatra (the chairman of the board) ..

hwlwnk
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Ozone Grif wrote:I believe he doesn't want to be assimilated as somebody who has no ideas and who manages a community to 'build' his story related on fans' opinion. Fans who are certainly crazy because they like werewolves (aren't we all ?)

:wink:

I think I understand his movement. It's, sadly, a strategy you need to use when you want to keep your credibility in our stupid human society. Nobody likes it, but we all do it...

Anyway see the good points out of it. He's not leaving, he's just going in the background. And giving the lead to somebody else will offer him more time to work on his movie, isn't it great ?

:o

Sure, I find it spectacular!!

It'll be great to see more directors coming on board with a werewolf movie in mind. We can try and give that person ideas or answer thier questions and come to a reasonable solution.

Whats odd is that we basically covered everything about the werewolf. What we want and don't want. They may surf this forum and get what he/she needs without making a single post.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:P I'm not sure who should be it. I post alot, but that dosnt make one qualified. So don't just look at posts. And besides, Choose someone who can really devote time to this...

I don;'t think age matters if you're one of the non-front people for working on the forums, but for the front one you need to have time to deal with this, and someone needs to have web design abillity. :|
Ozone Grif
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Ozone Grif »

Same here... ... Dude ! (woops)
I'm a werewolf fan since, what, I'm 8 years old ?
Whats odd is that we basically covered everything about the werewolf. What we want and don't want. They may surf this forum and get what he/she needs without making a single post.
Maybe, there is so much to tell. Though I would love to compile all those informations into a webpage. Woot !

8)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Ozone Grif wrote:
Same here... ... Dude ! (woops)
I'm a werewolf fan since, what, I'm 8 years old ?
I've been a werewolf fan since I was 6-7. And I'll be 38 soon!!

WOOT!!!

:D

Ozone Grif wrote:
Figarou wrote:]Whats odd is that we basically covered everything about the werewolf. What we want and don't want. They may surf this forum and get what he/she needs without making a single post.
Maybe, there is so much to tell. Though I would love to compile all those informations into a webpage. Woot !

8)

If I had web design experience, I would do just that. It'll be easier for someone to find the info they need.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

*nods* Yeah, that makes sense. I'd love to know what kind of person would believe something as bizarre as myself could have just been made up, but I understand what you're getting at.

I'm not sure who would make the best admins (I'd like to think I could, but my connection and my HTML skills both suck). The only thing I could think to say is that I trust your judgement.

Post by Guest »

Well this all good news. but what bothers me is that do we have to be mega-posters to join or pay to be in The Pack. because if we do....then I want no part. If not? Then Hellllloooooo Nightie lck