film's release

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
bluephoenix
Legendary
Legendary

film's release

Post by bluephoenix »

i know it might not be for about a year or so, but i think that we should all try to go to one theatre. because i'm assuming that we all live in the same general area give or take an hour or two. maybe bring a rubber duckie as a notice of membership :wink: . what are we thinking?
PETER:are you going to eat that stapler?

GUY:you can't eat a stapl....

PETER:wanna split it?
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

No, we all are sitting infrount of our computer miles away in one place shown only some inches wide and high that exsists no where, unless you can point to me where the server is that contains these postings. Some have met at A-kon but I can guess that Anthony will have a party some may attend, but I'm just going to see it at the theatre the instant it comes near me, I won't be alone. I'll bring a duckie. Unless somehow it they meet near me (Oh bless the day that happens!) I can't.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

On Five Screens! DTS 7.1 Surround Sound! Figarou-Plex!

Post by Scott Gardener »

I've joked about being camped outside like it's the next Star Wars, but in actuality, I am hoping to catch it on opening day, to see how the turnout will be. I'm in the Houston area, so even if it gets a limited release instead of a full showing everywhere on three screens, I hope to see it here--unless the Pack organizes in the Dallas area or elsewhere an opening night party, in which case Cathey and I will try to be there.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Re: film's release

Post by Vuldari »

bluephoenix wrote:... because i'm assuming that we all live in the same general area give or take an hour or two....
You're kidding, right? ... Image

...considering the fact that we are all from at least half a dozen countries around the world (likely more), it would be really special if even a dozen of us could make it to the same theater.

That is not to say that trying to get together for the premier is completely out of the question though.

Pehaps if Anthony Told us where HE was going to be present at the first showing, everyone who can could try to be there...and everyone else could try to comunicate with each other to make alternate meeting places...somwhere that is within reasonable distance of 3 or more "Pack" members...to see the film together on opening day.
Last edited by Vuldari on Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Rogue_A
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Der amerikanische Steppenwolf

Post by Rogue_A »

Man, it would be awesome if there was some sort of premiere party....but, if it happened right this moment or within the next year or two, I doubt I'd be able to go. I'm not exactly "close" to much of anyone, that's for sure. The closest person on this board ....eh....3-4 hours in the car, or an expensive 30 minute turboprop flight. I hate how spread out WA state is, there's what I like to call "The Right Side of the Cascades", and the "Wrong Side of The Cascades. And I'm on the wrong side. It's so boring here. (Luckily for me, I'm going away to an art school summer program in RI for six weeks, and that's a different story....but still I'm a lucky little wolfie. :howl:  :oo )

I like the "bring a duckie" idea though. I'll defantly do that when I go see the movie. :duckie :D
"In fear I hurried this way and that. I had the taste of blood and chocolate in my mouth, the one as hateful as the other."-Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Oh please PLEASE let the premiere happen in Texas!! I'll be there for sure!!! :o
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: On Five Screens! DTS 7.1 Surround Sound! Figarou-Plex!

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:I've joked about being camped outside like it's the next Star Wars, but in actuality, I am hoping to catch it on opening day, to see how the turnout will be. I'm in the Houston area, so even if it gets a limited release instead of a full showing everywhere on three screens, I hope to see it here--unless the Pack organizes in the Dallas area or elsewhere an opening night party, in which case Cathey and I will try to be there.
HA!!! Figarou-plex. I like it!! :D
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:lol: like me an Oblivion- my briother and i are going to be camping o nthe doorstep of the computer game stoor the day obliv comes out, trying to gnaw our way in... :lol:

it would be awesome, but onyl one pack member i know of lives near me.
bluephoenix
Legendary
Legendary

Post by bluephoenix »

well i was assuming that at least some of us were stationed in texas. and come to think of it, i don't know of anyone who lives too too close to me. i'm near dallas, but not in it. i live in mckinney. that would be cool is AB through a party on opening night though.

outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Alternet gatherings wouldn't be bad. But I don't think I've seen another member in Ohio, and I don't know how my Dad would be like with me meeting people on te internet.
bluephoenix
Legendary
Legendary

Post by bluephoenix »

that's probably what i'll have to end up doing.

Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

:lol: The coolest thing would be to be invited to a premiere that would be sweet.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Yeah but my parents would most likely wonder how in the hell was I invited to the premeire.
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

:lol: My parents would wonder the same thing. I've not even told them about this site yet.
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

My parents look at me funky when they see a werewolf doodle, oh how they shall scream if they saw I was a werewolf fanatic! Strangly enough people seem to find that 'weird'.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

It's a nice thought, and I'm sure a lot of us will at least be at a theatre on the same day, but being that some of us are from all four corners of the country and beyond, I don't see us all just getting together like it's just any other day.

As for the whole family dilemma... Well, I know for sure they would disagree with me participating in anything werewolf related, but A) my mother has two jobs: court transcriber and real estate agent, so everything makes her paranoid, and B) considering what they've all but ruined me financially (my brother/roommate is $4000 behind on his share of the rent, drinks, smokes indoors, and just yesterday announced that I don't contribute my fair share), I really couldn't give a crap less what they think of me right now.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

That would be sweet, but i'd also get alot of weird loks form my family. :lol:
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Having a big premiere night event would be awesome (not to mention a smart publicity move), but if people can't swing that, regional gatherings would be the next best thing.

Say, a California gathering, a Pacific Northwest gathering, an NYC gathering, a Tennessee gathering, an Atlanta gatheirng, a Chicago gathering, a Texas gathering, et alia.

Do it up! Wear your Pack t-shirts. Costume, even. It doesn't take a lot to promote a local gathering, just call your local paper and radio station, ask for the entertainment editor and talk it up. We did things like this in conjunction with the fanzine all the time.
ImageImageImageImage
Faolan Bloodtooth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Faolan Bloodtooth »

If there's a big premiere party in America... i'll have to sneak on a plane :D

I'm broke right now so I might have to leech off of my parents... but I will do anything to go :)
The Past Is Dead...
The Future Is Unborn...
The Moment Is Yours...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I think there's enough of you down there to have your own...why not save yourself the money and make the festivities international?

'Twas the H O W L heard 'round the world...
ImageImageImageImage
Faolan Bloodtooth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Faolan Bloodtooth »

Now that would be a good idea :D
Thanks Vritasatma :howl:  :oo
The Past Is Dead...
The Future Is Unborn...
The Moment Is Yours...
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

If there's a Texas meeting, count me in. I don't live in Texas, but I do live in Louisiana. Dallas is a four hour drive from me, so if the premiere is on a Friday or Saturday (or hell, even if it's not), I'm there. I'll probably bring a friend for the long drive though.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Here too. I'm way in Southeast TX, but I'd sure as heck drive to the DFW area for Freeborn! :)
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I'll run there from Maryland :wink:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

why can't we have it in Utah? because you know we do have the Sundance film festival in Park City every year, and also i don't have to spend a whole lot to go see it! :D
THE GAME

My Armory