If not freeborn, or building the ultimate werewolf...

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Baphnedia

If not freeborn, or building the ultimate werewolf...

Post by Baphnedia »

What is the main point of the Pack now?

- Supporting Wolf conservatories
- One another's artwork
- One another's literature
- One another's business stuff
- Friendships?

Just wanting to get someone else's thoughts on this...
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Re: If not freeborn, or building the ultimate werewolf...

Post by Silverclaw »

I'd say all of the above. That and just talking about our love for all things wolf/werewolf with one another and our sharing our opinions on what a ww would/should be like.
:)
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

All and more, common ground then expand from there.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

What they said. "People drawn together by their common interest in all things werewolf, and their inclination to discuss said interest." Which includes all of the above.

Oh but it WILL include Freeborn support one day... I know it will, I can feel it!
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

It's a forum about Werewolves, for Werewolf fans...

'nuff said.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Y'all have broken a record. To my question, four members of a forum agreed with one another. Oh! I'm so overcome that I feel I'm going to faint!
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

All of the above and more. The thing is that Freeborn and werewolves are an over discussed topic which leaves little add without Necromancy. The site needs to broaden her horizons if she wishes to expand and become a great site.
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

I have mixed feelings about broadening the site. Everyone will have differing opinions on how it should be done.

For example, add a section about vampires and you won't see any posts from me; I don't care about vampires, I'm here to talk about werewolves. Add a section about wolf conservation and I might make a couple of posts, but there's really not much to talk about that hasn't already been said, and I don't think we want to run the risk of politically affiliating ourselves. Add a therian or furry section and again, we could become group-affiliated, get infected with various stigmas, and lose a few regulars. Etc.

The bottom line is that non-werewolf content would either 1) be dramatically underutilized by the populace here or 2) attract new people who don't gel with our group, which would dilute us.

So I'm not sure how the site could be broadened in any meaningful way, but I'm always open to suggestion.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I believe this site is broad enough. It caters to werewolf art, stories, costumes, movies, opinions, shapeshifters....anything that is generally about Werewolves.

Not to mention, most importantly, we don't cater to any one sort of werewolf. Most of the other forums I have attended in the past would either focus on horror werewolves, 'spiritual werewolves,' tribal/anthros, furries, whatever. All werewolf types are welcomed here -- and all differing opinions about werewolves are represented -- making us a broad and general forum about werewolves.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Another thing we could add is a section on different were-creatures in general. Werewolves definetly deserve their own section, but it would be nice to have a spot to talk about how we think say a werelion, werebear, werewhatever would be like.
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!

Post by Gevaudan »

Definitely agree with all of the above. I think all we need now are more members. This is a Pack, you know. :D However, let's not be too hasty about things. The Pack has been growing fine on its own, with little drama and a relatively straight path towards our main purpose. I say we let the Pack germinate, because once Mr. Brownrigg starts becoming more involved with the production of Freeborn, this forum might get a bit bigger. We might need to do some more things to pass the interim, though...
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I do believe there is one forum that we could add, without too much trouble; that being a Wolf Conservation (or Non-Profits) section. It would be much like a Classifieds section, that would give us an idea of what places might be local to us, so that more than just a couple of us would be able to drive out, visit, and maybe donate.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

AB and Freeborn seem to be distancing themselves from this site....I suppose I have done the same with CL...and Josh with HOD...dunno if it has much of a purpose now that you've discussed EVERYTHING.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

MattSullivan wrote:dunno if it has much of a purpose now that you've discussed EVERYTHING.
You may not post much anymore, but others do. This site's purpose has been described above: it is a werewolf fan site, probably one of the best ones, and that's maybe all it needs to be.
Lunar
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Blue Paleo Ranger

Post by Lunar »

Holy cow I'm alive and posting. *cough* School eats my life.
I would tend to agree on the sub sections for other weres. It would at least open up more discussion on things at least and may spawn interesting topics.
Right now I think the Pack is more of a social site, there's not much on the movie anymore but the people stick around because they seem to like one another.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Indeed - however, I think a lot of that focus will return if any of our projects go big-time. When I say 'our' projects - I am working on a few things that involve weres too... but I'm can't say what they are or I'll get kicked in the balls by a mule.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

OUR projects?
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Silverclaw wrote:Another thing we could add is a section on different were-creatures in general. Werewolves definetly deserve their own section, but it would be nice to have a spot to talk about how we think say a werelion, werebear, werewhatever would be like.
Oh!! I'd love that. :lovestruck:
ImageImageImageImage
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I like the idea of non-wereWOLF things. I mean, wolves are nice and fuzzy, but so are cats, you know? And for that matter, let's let in the rest of the werekin, too.

At the very least, we should have a forum for the most popular non-wolf shifters, like bears, lions, tigers, etc, or maybe general groups like "cats" "canines, foxes, etc" "bears, pandas, etc" "birds" "reptiles" "amphibians" "arthropods" "horses and similar" and so on and so forth. Not that many though; our expansion should be slow and controlled.
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper
Mood: Excited

Post by Noir-Okami »

I think the point is that we share a common interest so, once Freeborn gets over with, some of us will still come on. People make friends that understand some of their more unusual interests. (I told my brother about the duckies and nothing else. He's now trying to figure out where the "You got duckied" came from. And he still can't find it in google, because the word "duckies" has a bunch of duckie ordering sites first.) hwlwnk
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

This place is for werewolf fans and Furries who also likes werewolves.

I think Freeborn will be released sometime in 2010 or 2011? A long way to go.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!

Post by Gevaudan »

We need to probe more. Is there anything we haven't discussed? Is there anything more that's necessary to talk about? What questions remain unanswered? What more can we do until something new happens? Are we repeating ourselves and our topics? Are we really generating a lucrative and intelligent member base, or is it just a bunch of naive people jumping on the bandwagon? How can we attract more werewolf fans? Are we getting anything valuable out of The Pack? What accomplishments have we made? Is there anything to improve? Are there any problems or conflicts that need resolution? Where are the updates? What happened to the "good old days?" Where in the world is Anthony Brownrigg?
And finally, is everyone as impatient as I am? :lol:
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Due to the horrendous nature of stupid Hollywood. Freeborn will be made by a well-known expensive official film company. Instead by a independent company that is into different things. Not mundane and boring a** cliches.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Whisperwind
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Whisperwind »

i think adding a conservation-ish section would be nice, and a place for other werekin to be discussed too - but to be honest i havent been around that long and i like this as a general social site, where people just kind of "get" each other, and don't judge (at least not as much as other forums ive seen). it can cover everything, but im biased and like it kind of the way it is!
wolves and dragons? i'm on board! ImageImageImage