The Pack Affiliates

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Baphnedia

The Pack Affiliates

Post by Baphnedia »

I brought this up on Dreamers of Paradice - but pose the same question here: Would The Pack, to help not only spread the word, but develop associations with other sites, be willing to become affiliated with other sites?

Can of worms in 3..2..1..
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Re: The Pack Affiliates

Post by Berserker »

I think it could be a good idea. But it also depends on what those sites are.

The Pack's Den has a very unique personality when it comes to werewolf sites on the internet. We're mature, realistic, and not as a whole culturally or ideologically biased. From the outside, I would imagine people look at our site and think, "this is a werewolf forum," and not "this is a horror forum, furry forum, therian forum, environmentalist forum, etc. etc." We should be proud of the fact that throughout the years, The Pack has maintained an uncompromisable definition of itself.

I hope I don't sound too elitist, but we should be cautious about other sites' personalities, and make sure we know just whom we would affiliate ourselves with: at the least, to avoid guilt by association, and at the most, to avoid attracting unwanted attention.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Agreed. And to clarify my post above, with affiliations, there are always a mire of details, which will be its own can of worms, but I don't want to start thinking about details until we've decided if we'd like to touch them at all, or not.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Dibs on the red worms; they taste like chicken... :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Well. . . No offense to either the Pack or any other websites, but. . . Is there anything really worth affiliating with?

What I always sort of figured was that the only way two message boards could ever have any claim to being affiliated is via the inclusion of mutual members. Though we have (not entirely, but for the most part) maintained our label as a werewolf forum, we are all still of various contrasting opinions and levels of dedication (as our various "drama" threads have demonstrated).

Even Anthony Brownrigg, the very man who had the bright idea to ask us our opinions in the first place and in effect gave rise to the Pack, stated that the Pack had grown beyond it's affiliation with Freeborn and now distinguishes one from the other. Many of us with projects of our own drew inspiration from the Pack as well, but our ideas still differ enough that a Pack endorsement wouldn't be appropriate.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, while individual members can affiliate themselves with the Pack and other websites, I don't think the Pack itself is an entity which is capable of associating in any way shape or form. Beyond keeping in touch with members that can connect at more than one website and recommending it to other friends at other websites, I don't see how two message boards could become any more affiliated.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Honestly we probably don't need to worry about affiliations until we have a workable front page. The Pack doesn't even have a front page yet, and that's where we would put things like partners and links.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Terastas wrote:Well. . . No offense to either the Pack or any other websites, but. . . Is there anything really worth affiliating with?

What I always sort of figured was that the only way two message boards could ever have any claim to being affiliated is via the inclusion of mutual members. Though we have (not entirely, but for the most part) maintained our label as a werewolf forum, we are all still of various contrasting opinions and levels of dedication (as our various "drama" threads have demonstrated).

Even Anthony Brownrigg, the very man who had the bright idea to ask us our opinions in the first place and in effect gave rise to the Pack, stated that the Pack had grown beyond it's affiliation with Freeborn and now distinguishes one from the other. Many of us with projects of our own drew inspiration from the Pack as well, but our ideas still differ enough that a Pack endorsement wouldn't be appropriate.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, while individual members can affiliate themselves with the Pack and other websites, I don't think the Pack itself is an entity which is capable of associating in any way shape or form. Beyond keeping in touch with members that can connect at more than one website and recommending it to other friends at other websites, I don't see how two message boards could become any more affiliated.
I agree with this.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Warrior Hero
Additional Details: Email: werewolfwarrior@ymail.com

http://myspace.com/werewolfwarrior

Main Grid Second Life Name: Alexie Borgin.
Mood: Excited

Post by Werewolf Warrior »

-_-' this reminds me of my group on Second Life.
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I see nothing wrong with things like linking to other good werewolf related fan sites from our main page(when we get one again).
And we could have ourselves linked from said sites in return. Places like werewolfcafe, werewolf-movies, werewolf-news, Alpha-Luna, ilovewerewolves/werecon, ect.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Terastas wrote:What I always sort of figured was that the only way two message boards could ever have any claim to being affiliated is via the inclusion of mutual members.
Well, by that definition we could almost sort of be considered affiliated with the old MoonSong site (which is back up, albeit mostly deserted now). Most of the people on MoonSong eventually migrated over here, Scott Gardener and Werewolf Hero being the ones that stand out most in my mind.