My Resignation as Admin

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

My Resignation as Admin

Post by Kaebora »

I am stepping down from the admin position.

There's no complex reason for this beyond being incapable of staying active enough on these forums. Administrators are expected to be intelligent with good common sense, mature, unbiased, and above all... actively participating day-to-day. The admin title is not a badge to decorate an account with, or an excuse to be more popular by any means. It is to show people who to go to when help is needed. I recognize this fact, and have done all that I could in the past couple of years to meet what is expected of an administrator up until this point. I am far too preoccupied with everyday life to meet those expectations anymore. Even when I'm not busy, I am participating in activities far from the internet, video games, and what I can call "indoor laziness".

I have successfully moved back to Arlington in Texas, and am searching frantically for a job. There are no big leads yet, but a temp-to-hire job should be starting with me soon. I've also became very active with the local furry groups, a costume performers troupe, and keeping up with many friends both old and new. Hopefully I'll find my niche here and not have to move back to New Mexico, but I'm confidant overall.

At this time I ask that my role as administrator be demoted to moderator. Also, I propose that we vote a willing and capable moderator into the position of administrator. I will still be around the forums on a weekly basis.

Good day. :D
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Baphnedia

Re: My Resignation as Admin

Post by Baphnedia »

Given the speed at which the demotion took place, I'd garner a guess that you demoted yourself (yet I don't have access to the admin logs to know for sure). I'm sure you'll get 're-hired' on the spot if you desire the position back, when you feel you have the time.

Glad to hear that in some respects, Texas is working out for you, except for... work.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Best of luck with the job hunt.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Well its nice to see that your life outside the internet is flourishing, Kaebora. :)

As for the open position....any volunteers?
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
sugarpoultry
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: awwoo
Mood: Happy

Post by sugarpoultry »

MoonKit wrote:Well its nice to see that your life outside the internet is flourishing, Kaebora. :)

As for the open position....any volunteers?
LOL Really? You actually ask for volunteers? I was gonna say, my husband and I have been moderators for several forums. He's currently an administartor at smashboards.com. We've both been admins at VGdistrict.com, course we stepped down from those positions too. So I have experience. But... an admin job seems a bit more than I can swallow right now. Mod maybe though.

I know I'm new, and that decreases my chances, but hey, I figured I'd give it a shot. :howl:  :oo
My werewolf novel: www.wolflegend.com
My deviantArt: www.sugarpoultry.deviantart.com
My website: www.jennettebrown.com
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!

Post by Gevaudan »

sugarpoultry wrote:LOL Really? You actually ask for volunteers? I was gonna say, my husband and I have been moderators for several forums. He's currently an administartor at smashboards.com. We've both been admins at VGdistrict.com, course we stepped down from those positions too. So I have experience. But... an admin job seems a bit more than I can swallow right now. Mod maybe though.

I know I'm new, and that decreases my chances, but hey, I figured I'd give it a shot. :howl:  :oo
I think that Kaebora only meant existing Moderators, but if not, go for it. :D
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I suppose it would rest on the remaining admins, of which there are several. If they're comfortable with the increased workload, then we may not see any new admins. Least of anything that I'd like to see is any pomp and circumstance for a new admin, since it isn't a place of honor nor a badge to wear, but a job to do that anyone right in their head won't want to do...

But somebody's gotta do it.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
sugarpoultry
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: awwoo

Post by sugarpoultry »

I don't want to do it, I have no time. LOL I was mostly joking about wanting to do it, but I do have experience. ;)
My werewolf novel: www.wolflegend.com
My deviantArt: www.sugarpoultry.deviantart.com
My website: www.jennettebrown.com
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Administrators are expected to be intelligent with good common sense, mature, unbiased, and above all... actively participating day-to-day.
From all of these items, aside from the last, I can't see how you're NOT meeting the expectations of what an admin should be. You're likely the most judicious and effective administrator I've seen, and it's a shame you feel as though you don't have the resources to continue.

But regardless, I can't honestly say I've kept up my end of the bargain -- half the time I log into these forums without cleaning out the queue. Even if you don't actively participate here, I don't see why you can't just be our once-a-week-admin; you've certainly earned the position, and because it's a volunteer job, nobody is going to hate you because you're not as active as they.

Anyhow; I wish you best of wishes. I would say that I hope you'd find more free time -- but it looks like this busy-ness of yours is a positive change.
:D
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I think you have been doing a great job as an admin. :)

But if you feel your too busy for it right now thats ok too. Good luck with all your irl stuff!
:howl:  :oo
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

I volunteered last time and almost got voted in, so I would do so again if there was an opportunity.

I do have a bias. I am intolerant of "real-life werewolf" trolls, and will sarcastically refer them to the roleplaying section, and browbeat them further if they continue.