Cool place to get a Holloween costume made...

Commissions offers, art for sale, auctions, etc.
Baphnedia

Cool place to get a Holloween costume made...

Post by Baphnedia »

Heh. I promised Lionel that I'd shout his name and see what happens. It's a funny thing when you run into a guy that Animal Control was called on him because he was dressed like a lion. Too bad they didn't get that on camera. But, of said costume, here's a little gallery of what he's done with it.

Next time someone tries to cage him, or whatever, I want pictures. Especially if they hit him with a tranqulizer. Oh well.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Seen his costumes before. Amazing work.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Wow - it's a small world. Where'd you see his work at? I only met him at the latest Dragon Con.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Oh, not in person. I just stumbled across his site. I wish I could afford one of his costumes. So much better than the "mascot" style suits you see at most conventions.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Very true. If I had the money for work like his, I'd get one costume to last the rest of my life. I'd tell you why, since I've held that lion mask in my hands (it's not sized for my head), and there's a helluva lot of technology that he puts in his work.

However, I'm not one to digress that sort of information, because I might be giving away trade secrets of his. Let's just say that if he were ever to build a whole suit based on the concept of his next mask, I'd rather go to war in that than US Military issue equipment. Granted, I'd be an odd sight on the battlefield.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Lol
"Osama, we seem to have a lion on the field."
*grin*
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

:lol:

Too true!
Solion
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Solion here

Post by Solion »

I dont think it will be giving any of my trade secerets away
to tell people what they can get when they get a mask from me.

Overall, I decided when I did my masks that not only would they have fully articulated jaws that move when you talk. But that a mask should grant the
wearer some sort of ability. The wolf mask in production now has the augmented hearing system in it. the microphones are in the actual ears and are amplified through a pair of sony soft earbuds.

Turn the volume up and you have the capacity to hear like a wolf. any sound , no matter how small is amplified several times over in stereo. Since the mics are in the ears you also get a directional ability as well. the amplifiers themselves have an overload squelch do you dont go deaf

Now the second gen amps will have the ability to convert the ultrasonic range of hearing into frequencys that human ears can hear. so yes you will be able to hear everything a wolf can hear. including every ultrasonic sound in the woods.

Yes this could also be workable in the Infra-sonic ranges as well.

Now here is the "other" things my masks do. both passive and active night vision. (mono) or stero full color with a telescopic zoom camera
integration into the head. Active night vision could be added if I can find suitable CCD's sensitive enough for the IR band.

Just a few ideas from lion of the sun
Lionel Vogt
Owner /Artist Lion of the sun
www.lionofthesun.com
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

:jawdrop: Dangit, I wish I had the money for one! I think the sabre is my favorite. And the lion. Both bloody awesome! :o
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I saw several of the masks at Dragon Con and it was truly a sight to see! I can only imagine how much actors might have, in a film production.

Oh, and welcome to the Pack, Solion!
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Those masks are awesome!! You do good work, sir.
Koshaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Duckinator

Post by Koshaw »

Yes he does and he is fun to room with him too lol

:D He was with me at Anthrocon

=^_^=

:D

Welcome to the pack!!!

:welcome:
ImageImage
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Re: Solion here

Post by Aki »

Solion wrote:I dont think it will be giving any of my trade secerets away
to tell people what they can get when they get a mask from me.

Overall, I decided when I did my masks that not only would they have fully articulated jaws that move when you talk. But that a mask should grant the
wearer some sort of ability. The wolf mask in production now has the augmented hearing system in it. the microphones are in the actual ears and are amplified through a pair of sony soft earbuds.

Turn the volume up and you have the capacity to hear like a wolf. any sound , no matter how small is amplified several times over in stereo. Since the mics are in the ears you also get a directional ability as well. the amplifiers themselves have an overload squelch do you dont go deaf

Now the second gen amps will have the ability to convert the ultrasonic range of hearing into frequencys that human ears can hear. so yes you will be able to hear everything a wolf can hear. including every ultrasonic sound in the woods.

Yes this could also be workable in the Infra-sonic ranges as well.

Now here is the "other" things my masks do. both passive and active night vision. (mono) or stero full color with a telescopic zoom camera
integration into the head. Active night vision could be added if I can find suitable CCD's sensitive enough for the IR band.

Just a few ideas from lion of the sun
Daaaaammmn....

That sounds so freakin' cool. 8)
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Baphnedia wrote:However, I'm not one to digress that sort of information, because I might be giving away trade secrets of his. Let's just say that if he were ever to build a whole suit based on the concept of his next mask, I'd rather go to war in that than US Military issue equipment. Granted, I'd be an odd sight on the battlefield.
Guess you haven't seen one of these

It's nanotech armor, very lightweight and flexible but can stop a bullet. Their cheap to make and got technological gizmos too. The suit automatically tightens around gunshot wounds to prevent bloodloss.

I actually got to see a real prototype suit in Chicago, neat stuff.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Nope - haven't seen one of those yet. I'd love to check one out - and the day the everyday soldier gets one of those will be after I retire.
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Maybe, the suit above will be standard issue in roughly 20 years. This one on the other hand will be standard issue in about 5 years.

Here's the blog on the first suit
It means that by 2025, soldiers could be wearing thin uniforms which are not only flexible but are also tough enough to withstand bullets and blasts.

Uniforms under development have GPS guidance systems and live satellite feeds of the battlefield piped through an eyepiece in the helmet. There is also a built-in air conditioning system to keep the body temperature normal.
And the Second:
By the end of this decade, the Objective Force Warrior may be a common sight on the battlefield. Ultra lightweight body armour protects the soldier and the suit is fitted with a wireless computer, video camera and communications devices.

A medical team could be alerted automatically the moment a soldier is shot and his blood pressure drops.
I have pictures and video feed of a Soldier demonstrating the suit but I don't know where I put it :(
Solion
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Solion »

Excelsia wrote:Those masks are awesome!! You do good work, sir.
Thanks, there is just so much I have to do right now to make ends meet that I have little time to do the R & D that I want .. Ineed to win the lottery or somthing so I can just build new things into my costumes.

Eyes that blink, lips that curl and snarl, ears that move.. all of these things I allready have planned out in my head or cad. but I am so busy making stuff just to eat , I just dont have time. .

I will be at MFF this year with the prototype of the suit cooling system to show off and a few other head components as well. I will be taking commissions at that time also if anyone is interested.

there is a world of equpment and electronics that can be added to a costume. plus keeping it in the high realisim as well. I hope to bring something special to those people looking to bring their inner being to life
Lionel Vogt
Owner /Artist Lion of the sun
www.lionofthesun.com
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Solion wrote:
I will be at MFF this year with the prototype of the suit cooling system to show off and a few other head components as well.

Man...if I ever want to wear one of those suits during the hot summer months, thats something I really need. I sweat like you never believe.

But since I'm not a fursuiter, I don't have to worry about it.

Cool suits by the way dude!!!
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I've seen many of the changes in Objective Force Warrior, though the other project - for 2025 - is something I haven't seen too much.
Koshaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Duckinator

Post by Koshaw »

He should be at FC in San Jose Jan 19-23 or so

:D
ImageImage