Last chance for free download of my novel

Commissions offers, art for sale, auctions, etc.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Last chance for free download of my novel

Post by Scott Gardener »

Cross-posted in the general announcements thread:

I am so far on target towards finishing my first revision of my novel by the end of the month, and I plan after that to send it to publishers.

Once I start doing that, I am pulling it from my web site. I'm doing this as a precaution, as having it still up there could hurt its chances of getting published, as I suspect publishers are very touchy about "piracy," even if it's their own writer doing it.

I've already improved a lot of the writing style and added a few scenes. I haven't had to remove very much in the editing process, and I feel that the draft I have now is superior to the one that some of you have read. Still, I don't know how much the publishers will want me to redo or tweak before they agree to put it out. (No, I'm not making Scott evil and Elodea a Lesbian. If they ask for that, I'm finding somebody else.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I just downloaded it. :D I don't know when I'll have time to read it, but I definitely want to one day.
Koshaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Duckinator

Post by Koshaw »

Ooh Ill get that today Scott :D
ImageImage
wolfbound
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: thats right. I am a booze hound

Post by wolfbound »

I just downloaded it. Very Happy I don't know when I'll have time to read it, but I definitely want to one day.
same where. maybe plan a trip out camping. 8)
you never know just how you look through other peoples' eyes.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I downloaded your novel moment you made that announcement. If your book gets published, Ill be shure to buy it. :wink:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Had it for awhiles now. Good luck with getting it published!
I'll definetly buy a copy. Then get you to sign it as well if we ever have a Pack Gathering thing :) 8)
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

yes, much luck indeed! i hoe you corrected the 'in vein' to 'in vain' because you said it about ten times in lyycantrhope adn got it wrong every time... :P
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Thanks for all the good words and support. I guess if the publishers ever find out that I gave away previous drafts, I'll just point to the theater lights showing a movie entitled Freeborn and say, "he started it."

As a side note, I had to fight repeatedly during an important scene towards the end to avoid having someone telling Scott about Elodea that he might have to abandon her, only to have Scott in rebuttal shout, "I will not leave her behind!" I didn't, as I don't want to step on any paws, but it would have fit so well...
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...