3D model Rendering...

Commissions offers, art for sale, auctions, etc.
Phoenix Ravenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sparky
Mood: Excited

3D model Rendering...

Post by Phoenix Ravenwolf »

Hey all, I am doing some models in CAD for a group that i am in, and i was wondering if there was anyone here who was good at rendering 3D objects.... I can model things fine, but skinning and rendering them...i'm not so good at...lol.

So if anyone would be interested in taking a stab at it, let me know....
Thanks
http://phoenixravenwolf.deviantart.com/
So ... um... yeah...... hi

Gchat: mikeRavenwolf
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I actually have Maya 8.0 minimized as I'm typing this. I've just finished rigging a ninja character here at my college's animation lab. I'll posts some renders when I get home.

I'm not a CAD user though. That program is designed for engineering, and not art. If you need an affordable program for actual artistic work, download the free version of Blender. If you have a spare $1000, buy Lightwave. CAD is good only if you need to design pipe connectors, plastic casings, and other real world objects that could be laser cut into existance. Last I checked, CAD has no keyframing abilties that are essential to animating things. Then again, I haven't touched it since 2003.

Perhaps there are others here with a CAD background, but I could beleive that they are using it more for designing and building real-life objects. You really don't need to texture it in that case, since it's going to exist when you put the file into an automatic cutting machine.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
PhoenixRavenwolf

Post by PhoenixRavenwolf »

Yeha, personally i use CAD because that is the only 3D modelling program i have (or know how to use,lol), hence why all my models are .dwg files,lol.

but yeah, i'll check out that blender program, see if it works, i'll also try to upload an image or two of whati am modelling at the moment sometime later this week.