"Werewolf Encyclopedia" on sale

Commissions offers, art for sale, auctions, etc.
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

"Werewolf Encyclopedia" on sale

Post by Howling Fan »

A loooong while ago, I posted an ad here selling the “Werewolf Encyclopedia,” and a few of you were interested, but I couldn’t find the book in my house. Well, cut to 2 years later when I’m moving out, and I finally found it in a box with other books. It’s still in good condition, so if anyone still wants it, just let me know. Here’s the original blurb I wrote for it at this site:

“The Werewolf Book: The Encyclopedia of Shape-Shifting Beings” by Brad Steiger

This is an extremely comprehensive encyclopedia on all things Were. Whether it’s a werewolf, werecat, or even werebear, it’s all in here. Detailed analysis of films, books, games, legends, folklore, television shows, etc. Features many full-colored, full-page pictures.
Price: $5. For more info, go to:

http://www.amazon.com/Werewolf-Book-Enc ... 938&sr=1-1

PM/e-mail me if you want it. First come, first served. Thanks.
Howling Fan
Bill: "I'm looking for my wife."
Marsha: "....Why?"
--"The Howling"
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Re: "Werewolf Encyclopedia" on sale

Post by alphanubilus »

Howling Fan wrote:A loooong while ago, I posted an ad here selling the “Werewolf Encyclopedia,” and a few of you were interested, but I couldn’t find the book in my house. Well, cut to 2 years later when I’m moving out, and I finally found it in a box with other books. It’s still in good condition, so if anyone still wants it, just let me know. Here’s the original blurb I wrote for it at this site:

“The Werewolf Book: The Encyclopedia of Shape-Shifting Beings” by Brad Steiger

This is an extremely comprehensive encyclopedia on all things Were. Whether it’s a werewolf, werecat, or even werebear, it’s all in here. Detailed analysis of films, books, games, legends, folklore, television shows, etc. Features many full-colored, full-page pictures.
Price: $5. For more info, go to:

http://www.amazon.com/Werewolf-Book-Enc ... 938&sr=1-1

As Brad is a very good friend of mine I can readily recommend this book. It is a great source for werewolf info.

PM/e-mail me if you want it. First come, first served. Thanks.
Howling Fan
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

I heard that book was less about werewolves really, and more about serial killers and whatnot. I could be thinking of something else though.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

The forward is pretty brutal, but it goes in line with cases of "lycanthropy" through out the ages, from past to present. So yes the forward has a lot to do with serial killers and how the mental illness goes hand in hand with the "monsters" that commit these horrible crimes. However folks, most werewolves of the old lore weren't defenders of Gaia, and noble protectors of the great and small... they were indeed monstrous...at least according to the Eurpeans. :p The book, being encyclopedia form then goes on to explain as many werewolf related legends, stories, and such from A to Z. As stated before, it is a great source for picking up and jumping to whatever legend that your thinking of, as the book covers a massive scope of werewolf lore. I used it extensively when studying for HOD. It was a great spring board.

The book was also featured (unfortunately) in Cursed. They didn't even tell Brad! What is even worse is that in the "making of" mockumentary of Cursed that revealed Wes Craven to be a "werewolf" one of the actors even used the book to justify the stupid "Hollywood" mythology! Full Moons, bite to become a werewolf, and all of that hokum.

Here's a funny tidbit... When Underworld came out in 2003... Brad started getting e-mails from distrot, "werewolves" fearing that vampires were really after them. :p

Brad's also recently released a new Vampire book called... "Real Vampires, Night Stalkers, and Creatures from the Darkside". Again if you are looking for a Twilightian view of noble vegetarian vampires, that have nothing to do with the actual history and mythology, then you won't like the book, but if you are interested in where the lore began... pick it up.
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
Mood: Happy

Post by silver1 »

I actually own it. :D
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1