The Werewolf's Guide to Life, a Manuel for the newly bitten.

The place for anything at all...
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

The Werewolf's Guide to Life, a Manuel for the newly bitten.

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

I just recently bought the book "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" i haven't been able to put it down, until last night when i finished it. the authors don't claim lycanthropy, yet provide helpful tips given to them by people who claim they are Lyc's. plus they have sections in the book about avoiding hunters an fur chasers, plus what you'll need for to restrain one's self on their moons. the way it reads is straight forward, like as if you need to be ready for your first moon within the hour. i would suggest this to a werewolf.

They also have a website for updating the book, so that there can be new editions with new and better ideas for survival of Lyc's.
http://www.werewolfguidetolife.com/
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Re: The Werewolf's Guide to Life, a Manuel for the newly bitten.

Post by Moonwatcher »

Nice might go and get that.
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Murr....I get a Manuel if I get bitten? Is he cute? :lol:
Chris
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chris »

I found the book enjoyable. My only real complaint, other than it having an end, is that the section on Fur Chasers was kinda lack luster. Basically it was just the typical "fur chasers are socially inept crazies who are going to get themselves killed when they finally find a werewolf in his wild state". I would've liked it better if it portrayed them in more non-generalized manner, delving into different psychological reasons, instead of the broad "because they don't have any real friends and want to feel powerful". Like.. what about people who want to get closer to nature, and see being a werewolf as a way to do that, or people that have a fondness of animals/wolves and see it as an opportunity to be closer to one, or people who see becoming a werewolf as the best way to learn about them, ego-maniacs that think they could show everyone up and control themselves as one, or even killers who see it as a better way to kill people. So much more I would've liked them to explore.

But, I realize there's only so much they could've had done in time for the book's release. Who knows.. maybe a "sequel", or their blog posts, will be able to delve into these things with some more detail.
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Chris wrote:I found the book enjoyable. My only real complaint, other than it having an end, is that the section on Fur Chasers was kinda lack luster. Basically it was just the typical "fur chasers are socially inept crazies who are going to get themselves killed when they finally find a werewolf in his wild state". I would've liked it better if it portrayed them in more non-generalized manner, delving into different psychological reasons, instead of the broad "because they don't have any real friends and want to feel powerful". Like.. what about people who want to get closer to nature, and see being a werewolf as a way to do that, or people that have a fondness of animals/wolves and see it as an opportunity to be closer to one, or people who see becoming a werewolf as the best way to learn about them, ego-maniacs that think they could show everyone up and control themselves as one, or even killers who see it as a better way to kill people. So much more I would've liked them to explore.

But, I realize there's only so much they could've had done in time for the book's release. Who knows.. maybe a "sequel", or their blog posts, will be able to delve into these things with some more detail.
Well, why don't you ask these questions on their site? as they say in the book, they're hoping to come out with new editions as more info becomes available. The reason why they only mention the crazies, is because if you were already a Lycan, you'd want to know who to avoid for yours and everyone Else's protection. especially if the unready chaser survives the attack, and ends up killing his family and half his town, or worse, a whole town, not ready for their new life.
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.