What to do in case of lycanthropic outbreak?

The place for anything at all...
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf, The shadow
Additional Details: hmmmm....
what else can i say Oh yeh I think I'm good at art =P
and I'm kind of a Jester sometimes HEHEHEH!!!
Mood: Busy

Re: What to do in case of lycanthropic outbreak?

Post by ledrif »

I would apply mine Zombie technique it would work I think of that zombies wouldn't know how to get to a small tunnel just make shure you bring some weapons and loads of food and other things to survive long weeks with you enter in a small tunnel and go on it until you find a huge space to put your things and with only one entrace and exit next just keep watching over the small entrance then any werewolf that try to enter and get you just shoot them in the head some tiems they would probably get killed :P

Now again as it is for werewolves i wouldn't do that i would probably just run into one and start prod him until he bites me Even if I could not enjoy the way I want At least I am a werewolf that idea just make me happy :lol:

(LoL pumping up old thread if i didn't supposed to do that I am sorry)
Image Image Pay us a visit if you can!
Moonraiser
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Waiting for Freeborn...
Additional Details: Waiting for Freeborn. I don't know if I can take not knowing what will become of this movie much longer. I wish I had some sort of information...
Mood: Sad

Post by Moonraiser »

I do not believe in werewolves that are evil, but I noticed that zombies came up, so I have this to say:

In the far reaches of my mind, where not even I dwell much, a part of me wants a zombie outbreak to happen. That is of course only because I LOVE zombies and consider myself to be an expert on them. And if the day did come where a zombie outbreak did occur, I know that I would have fun lopping their heads off with a machete or chainsaw, or shooting them from a distance with a sniper rifle. Ahhh....Now that sounds like fun.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Moonraiser wrote:I do not believe in werewolves that are evil, but I noticed that zombies came up, so I have this to say:

In the far reaches of my mind, where not even I dwell much, a part of me wants a zombie outbreak to happen. That is of course only because I LOVE zombies and consider myself to be an expert on them. And if the day did come where a zombie outbreak did occur, I know that I would have fun lopping their heads off with a machete or chainsaw, or shooting them from a distance with a sniper rifle. Ahhh....Now that sounds like fun.
question: what happens if that doesn't kill them? I've noticed it's alot of "oh well, zombies are like this, that, and those". Like everyone actually knows how to kill one. What happens if shooting for the head doesn't work?

As for werewolves... I'd prefer to be predator than prey any day. hwlwnk
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Moonraiser
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Additional Details: Waiting for Freeborn. I don't know if I can take not knowing what will become of this movie much longer. I wish I had some sort of information...

Post by Moonraiser »

Well that's because everyone does know how to kill one. You see, I don't know why anyone would consider changing the way zombies are in the first place. I mean, yeah, people have their own different views and such, but think about it. The very first person to ever put the idea of a zombie onto stone was George Romero. The very first movie 'Night of the Living Dead' set it in stone, and soon after the rest of his movies provided us with more. Sure, other people will have their different versions, but the Romero zombies are the originals, and lets face it, they are more fun. That is why most people stick with them instead of the more...in my opinion...ridiculous type of zombies. I mean, c'mon... Zombies that RUN?! Zombies that DON'T die if they are shot int he brain or decapitated?! That's just lame.

So unless you are going with some other person's take on the zombie, shooting them in the head ALWAYS works.
Moonraiser
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Moonraiser »

WerewolfKeeper3 wrote:As for werewolves... I'd prefer to be predator than prey any day. hwlwnk
And yes, same here. hwlwnk
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ledrif »

And well zombies must die if they don't die it would be a madness without help so yeh it should die if you shoot the brain right ahead and if they don't Just FUZILATE THEM RAWR! :cafinated:
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

ledrif wrote:I would apply mine Zombie technique it would work I think of that zombies wouldn't know how to get to a small tunnel just make shure you bring some weapons and loads of food and other things to survive long weeks with you enter in a small tunnel and go on it until you find a huge space to put your things and with only one entrace and exit next just keep watching over the small entrance then any werewolf that try to enter and get you just shoot them in the head some tiems they would probably get killed :P
Hiding in a place with a singular exit and entrance is a bad idea for soooooo many reasons. Not to least of which include that entrance/exit getting blocked, turning your shelter into a tomb, or a belligerent group of survivors deciding to smoke you out - toss something inflammable inside and let the fire eat up all your oxygen.
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ledrif »

Hmmmm yeh but IT SHOULDn't be anyone else Out there since we are talking about Werewolves not zombies the chances you survive that is almost 0 sooo you would be just facing the idea of the tunnel getting blocked wich can be solved by a few granades or any other explosives (that considering you BROUGHT some arsenal with you) so this is probably one of the best ideas I guess...
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

ledrif wrote:Hmmmm yeh but IT SHOULDn't be anyone else Out there since we are talking about Werewolves not zombies the chances you survive that is almost 0 sooo you would be just facing the idea of the tunnel getting blocked wich can be solved by a few granades or any other explosives (that considering you BROUGHT some arsenal with you) so this is probably one of the best ideas I guess...
I don't see why the chances of survival would be so low. Werewolves may be smarter than zombies (being animal-level in this scenario), but zombies are significantly more durable, requiring a headshot for definitive death, whilst a werewolf is going to be significantly troubled by any gun of a reasonable caliber.

So there'd be other (potentially batshit) survivors out there.

And attempting to clean blockage with explosives and especially without being a trained explosives expert is such a poor idea. Ignoring the obvious (collapsing tunnel and entombing yourself) there's chance of (which grenades and other things meant for killing and not demolitions) shrapnel flying out and doing as shrapnel often does: which is kill fleshy, unprotected beings nearby.
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ledrif »

Okay I'll not argue with you anymore I was just trying to defend mine Idea that's all...

I wouldn't be resisting anyways as I said as it is for Werewolves I would just like to turn into one either then trying to survive....
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Sebiale »

Set wrote:
Figarou wrote:It wouldn't be so easy to escape this lycan outbreak if it happened on a spaceship in deep space.
Er...what, exactly, is difficult about shoving someone out of an airlock?
They would try to stop you...?
Terastas wrote:
Figarou wrote:It wouldn't be so easy to escape this lycan outbreak if it happened on a spaceship in deep space.
Which is precisely why I was one of the few kids that didn't want to be an astronaut when he grew up. :grinp:
Seriously, why would you even bring that up? :P There are six billion people on Earth and only eight or nine of them are out in orbit.

So if I did somehow wind up during a lycanthropic outbreak in outer space, you know what I'd do? Turn to the real astronauts and ask "what do we do?!"
She's a female astronaut and she suggests you get to work rebuilding the human population. :P
Aki wrote:
Figarou wrote:You're right. We can't go to outer space if this outbreak happens today. But what does the future hold? At this point, we don't know. In the 1960s, they said by the year 2000 we'll have flying cars. Well, where are they?
If the outbreak happened in the future, wolfie would be screwed, period. Look at the past couple hundred years and how weaponry and defensive technology has advanced since then.

Teeth won't do much against an exoskeleton and fur is no protection against a metal slug hurled at twice the speed of sound.
I have (another) WIP that deals with that sort of thing.
Humans have very advanced tech, like 40K Warhammer type of stuff. The therianthropes are able to compensate through a number of different methods. The werewolves so to speak in this WIP actually have telepathy with other members of their species, they're strong enough to bench press a few semis, can move at speeds far beyond human reflexes, and regenerate from anything short of limb loss or massive chest or cranium destruction inside a few hours. With all that, they still had to develop some tech of their own for certain situations, like an electromagnetic pulse gauntlet, it can temporarily shut down an a common exoskeleton so they can work at tearing it apart. Of course, if they manage to rip out a human out of his exoskeleton, which they can given enough time, it's just too easy for them after that.
I also have several other species in that WIP that I'm working to science-fictionize.
WerewolfKeeper3 wrote: question: what happens if that doesn't kill them? I've noticed it's alot of "oh well, zombies are like this, that, and those". Like everyone actually knows how to kill one. What happens if shooting for the head doesn't work?
Then we revert to magic, prayer, and full body incineration, like in The Secret World. The town of Kingsmouth has zombies that no matter how many times you kill them, they just get back up again the next day. It's presumed one of the three mentioned above would be capable of getting rid of them.
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Moonraiser wrote:So unless you are going with some other person's take on the zombie, shooting them in the head ALWAYS works.
But only if your aim is spot on and you can handle the recoil (not like this jackass).

Me personally, I prefer molotovs.
1) Most people are going to swarm the gun stores (which will likely be owned by some dumb NRA survivalist [expletive] with an itchy trigger finger), leaving the much more numerous liquor stores unattended (except maybe by a couple of people whose plan is to drink themselves to death or get numb before the zombies arrive).
2) Only requires a rag and a cigarette lighter to use properly, both of which can be found virtually anywhere.
3) Easy enough to use under pressure, not easy enough to use when suffering of cabin fever.
4) Splatter damage. Good for use against clusters.
5) Fire spreads. If it doesn't kill a zombie at first, it will keep burning until it does + it will spread onto any other zombies that get anywhere near it.

The only downside would be the heavy potential for structural damage. You couldn't really use them to defend a fortified location because they'd be a threat to the location as well. At least not unless you fireproofed the location or deliberately picked out one that was fireproof in the first place. My fortification of choice was a boat, for example, so I wouldn't need to use molotovs to defend it. Just a melee weapon with a long reach in case I need to knock one overboard every now and then.
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ledrif »

JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Sebiale wrote: I have (another) WIP that deals with that sort of thing.
Humans have very advanced tech, like 40K Warhammer type of stuff. The therianthropes are able to compensate through a number of different methods. The werewolves so to speak in this WIP actually have telepathy with other members of their species, they're strong enough to bench press a few semis, can move at speeds far beyond human reflexes, and regenerate from anything short of limb loss or massive chest or cranium destruction inside a few hours. With all that, they still had to develop some tech of their own for certain situations, like an electromagnetic pulse gauntlet, it can temporarily shut down an a common exoskeleton so they can work at tearing it apart. Of course, if they manage to rip out a human out of his exoskeleton, which they can given enough time, it's just too easy for them after that.
I also have several other species in that WIP that I'm working to science-fictionize.
They're going to need like, armor or shields or something. Regeneration that slow doesn't really fly in high-end Sci-Fi worlds. Modern day firearms do gruesome things to unprotected flesh, never mind what we might come up with in the future.

And a EMP gauntlet would only work against insufficiently "hardened" electronics. Any military facing a foe with hand-held EMP weapons would be pants-on-head retarded to not harden their electronics against such.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Also what's with this whole favoring of guns thing? Whatever happened to the advice for people who CAN'T use guns?
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sebiale »

How's a chainsaw? (I'll need to buy ear protection.)
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

if i couldnt use a gun id have to go with a skythe.might be a little messy but not as messy as a chainsaw. :P
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ledrif »

Sevena wrote:if i couldnt use a gun id have to go with a skythe.might be a little messy but not as messy as a chainsaw. :P
BUT BUT... it's funnier the other way!!!!
I man chaiswas are epic see Doom chainsaw are awesome!!!
They squish blood everywhere and are really noisy!!! :cafinated:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

kitetsu wrote:Also what's with this whole favoring of guns thing? Whatever happened to the advice for people who CAN'T use guns?
*nods* Say what you will about Uwe Boll's House of the Dead, it's still the only zombie movie I know of where the cop is shown training the other survivors how to use guns first. Everyone else just assumes its as easy as it looks in the video games. :P

Would I still try to find and use guns? Sure. Would I practice using them out on the field? Hell no.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

kitetsu wrote:Also what's with this whole favoring of guns thing? Whatever happened to the advice for people who CAN'T use guns?
Because firearms are ranged and ranged combat is superior for a number of reasons, the primary being "zombie/werewolves can't eat me if I'm fifty feet away shooting them dead." The fact that firearms can be used by anyone with near-zero training (line up target in sights, pull trigger, etc.), can rapidly terminate a number of targets both in a short span of time or over a long period of time. They're portable and require only enough space to orient the barrel - if something tackles you you can shove the barrel of a pistol up it's nose and squeeze the trigger. This isn't possible with any other ranged alternatives save blowguns.

Advice to those without guns? Utilize whatever you can until you can get a gun.
Terastas wrote:
*nods* Say what you will about Uwe Boll's House of the Dead, it's still the only zombie movie I know of where the cop is shown training the other survivors how to use guns first. Everyone else just assumes its as easy as it looks in the video games. :P

Would I still try to find and use guns? Sure. Would I practice using them out on the field? Hell no.
Whilst some training is needed, it's not too hard to puzzle out. Training is only really needed to maximize the effectiveness of firearms. Proper firing positions, leading targets, trigger/muzzle discipline to keep from accidents, how to reload quickly or keep track of your ammo, etc.

But anyone can pick up a gun and use it with some degree of efficiency. The AK-47 wouldn't be the grand success it was if it wasn't so easy a child could use it.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

I've recently come to the realization that my prior survival plan was flawed, since it essentially required me to turn myself into canned ham waiting to be pried open and eaten. Mobility would be ideal, even against werewolves, as it doesn't give them day after day to find a weakness in my defenses while I run out of food and contemplate what might happen from eating werewolf steak.
It wouldn't be comfortable, but it would probably work for a while.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Chris
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chris »

Aki wrote:
Because firearms are ranged and ranged combat is superior for a number of reasons, the primary being "zombie/werewolves can't eat me if I'm fifty feet away shooting them dead."
That, and even if you do happen to have an effective method of killing werewolves at close range (like with a knife/sword, martial arts, or something else you're really skilled with), you'd have greater conerns if you cause them to bleed. That's a good way to get yourself infected even if you don't get scratched or bitten by the werewolf itself.

The only non-firearm weapons I can think of would probably be a crossbow or compound bow, or throwing axes/knives (pray you don't miss or have trouble recovering what you've thrown).
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Regarding ranged weapons; the best one for the firearms-challenged person is the shotgun. Yeah, it kicks (I have a couple of 12-gauges and a .410) but with a short barrel you really don't need to aim. All you do is point it in the right direction and pull the trigger. The spreading cloud of lead pellets takes care of the rest.

Now, for the non-firearm person; things like pitchforks, spears, and pikes are the way to go. All permit you to damage without getting in reach, and spears are easy to make; just whittle a point onto a pole and go for it. If you have time, you can toast the new point in a fire to harden it. If there is a handy stand of bamboo available, you're in luck; since you can slice that stuff to a near razor sharp pointy tip.
The idea here is to make many spear-things, so if one gets stuck in something you can just grab another and keep poking away. You might want to fasten a crosspiece near the point so your target can't keep going up the spear and get to you that way (boar spear).

In either instance, the best weapon is a good set of legs and the ability to run like mad. Let the hero types deal with the dangers while you set up the bar and serve the beer. That way, whoever wins isn't a problem, they'll all want something to drink afterwards... :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...