Sorry for not posting in a long while

The place for anything at all...
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Warrior Hero
Additional Details: Email: werewolfwarrior@ymail.com

http://myspace.com/werewolfwarrior

Main Grid Second Life Name: Alexie Borgin.
Mood: Excited

Sorry for not posting in a long while

Post by Werewolf Warrior »

I thought this place was being shut down. I guess i was wrong lol XD

But anyways I'm glad to be back.
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Re: Sorry for not posting in a long while

Post by Moonwatcher »

Welcome back :)
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary

:D Thanks Moonwatcher
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Its not being shut down, its just very dead from time to time.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary

o...kay

so....One Question, how do i get the game "Werewolf: The Apocalypse"?
Werewolf Nation Leader

Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Werewolf Warrior wrote:o...kay

so....One Question, how do i get the game "Werewolf: The Apocalypse"?
Buying it might work, possibly from Amazon.
Or, if you're looking for a cheaper and less legal alternative, you can try finding a torrent for it. I'm almost entirely sure that Apocalypse is out of print now, but I might be wrong, so it may be rather difficult to find it in a bookstore near you. Though, the ones on Amazon are listed for less than 40 bucks, so you should be alright. However, if you're looking for a specific edition for a specific feel, then that might be a bit harder to find.

I've never actually had a chance to read through the Werewolf: The Apocalypse line, but I have some experience with Werewolf: The Forsaken, and from what I hear the two are rather different in terms of both mechanics and story. So, it may be worth checking out them both to see which one suits your needs best. If all else fails, White-Wolf does offer free downloads for demos of their gamelines. The demo should have everything you need to run a basic game, if all you're looking for is just the basics.

If you're looking for less of a "Nature/Spiritual warrior" thing and more of just turning into a wolf, then there's also stuff like Changing Breeds and Skinwalkers(the WoD book, not the movie), I also think that there are some variants presented in the core book. It's worth remembering that you'll need the core World of Darkness book as well, unless you already know the system, because there's a lot of stuff that's not in the Werewolf book that you'll likely need to play the game right.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Welcome back! :D
Wingman wrote: Or, if you're looking for a cheaper and less legal alternative, you can try finding a torrent for it. I'm almost entirely sure that Apocalypse is out of print now, but I might be wrong, so it may be rather difficult to find it in a bookstore near you. Though, the ones on Amazon are listed for less than 40 bucks, so you should be alright. However, if you're looking for a specific edition for a specific feel, then that might be a bit harder to find.
Yeah, personally I wouldn't sweat the legality of downloading W:TA. I don't think White Wolf will receive any funds from any books you buy of it off Amazon, since W:TA is no longer being actively printed. The only one who's being put out of profit is some dude who's selling a copy he bought. Though, hey, it might be worth it if you prefer a dead-trees version of the book.
I've never actually had a chance to read through the Werewolf: The Apocalypse line, but I have some experience with Werewolf: The Forsaken, and from what I hear the two are rather different in terms of both mechanics and story.

Very much so. W:TA's plot is heavy on The-End-Is-Nigh (because it is - when the game went out of print it's because the World Ended) and trying to keep the various big spirits (Wyrm, Wyld, Weaver) in line because only Gaia and Wyld are still, well, working as they should - Wyrm and Weaver have both gone a little mad. OK, a lot mad. Meanwhile W:TF's plot is more personal and there's no overhanging apocalypse. You're just trying to clean up the spirit world and generally make up for the mess that was made back in pre-history by your ancestors (Woops!).

Mechanically, WTA's system is a bit, uh, I suppose clunky is the best way to word it. For instance, combat:

In WTA there's about four rolls made for every attack. You roll to hit. Your opponent rolls to dodge. If you hit you roll damage, your opponent rolls to 'soak' (IE, not take damage due to being tough/armored/etc).

In WTF (and all other nWoD games)? Two rolls. You roll to see if you hit them, and then you roll for damage. Much more streamlined.
If you're looking for less of a "Nature/Spiritual warrior" thing and more of just turning into a wolf, then there's also stuff like Changing Breeds and Skinwalkers(the WoD book, not the movie), I also think that there are some variants presented in the core book. It's worth remembering that you'll need the core World of Darkness book as well, unless you already know the system, because there's a lot of stuff that's not in the Werewolf book that you'll likely need to play the game right.
Changing Breeds is a lot like WTA (minus the Apocalypse part) at a lower power level. It's a pretty neat book. Though it kinda smacks of some of the old writing's bad habits - the way some breeds were confined geographically for instance. Reminds me a little too much of the Werewolf Tribes and some of their silly gimmicks like one group being Native Americans and other being Vikings and a third being Amazons, etc.

Only in this case it's African were-elephants/werehyenas, Indian (as in East Asian's India, not NAs) weremonkeys, Chinese werespiders, etc.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

Hey,

Welcome back! :)
Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Post by Moonwatcher »

Thought they were making a PC game for that. They even made a trailer u can find it on Youtube
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Wikia entry about the game
Trailer on Youtube.
Opening Cinematic.
The game was canceled back in 2000 when the company folded. The trailer is pretty good, it seems to have that same energy that the Thief games had.

Cut scene 1
Cut scene 2
Cut scene 3
Cut scene 4
Cut scene 5
Cut scene 6
Cut scene 7
Cut scene 8
Cut scene 9
Cut scene 10
The guy doesn't have cut scene 11
Cut scene 12