Fun with McAffee and other non-enjoyables.

The place for anything at all...
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Fun with McAffee and other non-enjoyables.

Post by RedEye »

Okay, I've been gone a bit; and here's why.

1: Jury Duty. There is nothing in the world so draining as sitting in a chair listening to two lawyers arguing over inconsequentials. I got home, I slept.

2: New Security System for the compy. In two days, I got so much spam I could open a restaurant with this system, so I went back to AOL's free McAfee, only to find it wouldn't let me access AOL. Now, since AOL provides this for free, I think it's funny. I had to go into the System and shut a few things off to reach AOL on their own freebie security system.

3: I tried Firefox as a browser. That got me to AOL and ran like molasses since AOL is the provider my cable company has its contract with. I did like the Firefox graphics, though. Forget IE. I get to IE through...guess who.

4: My friend has broken up with her boyfriend, so guess who got to hold her hand and tell her all will be well, eventually. I just love being the go-to person for everybody with a sore paw... not.

So, I'm back. Did anyone miss me? (probably not) :P
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Re: Fun with McAffee and other non-enjoyables.

Post by Morkulv »

I payed for a one-year license (every antivirus software is some sort of period license) of Kaspersky antivirus after my laptop had a complete meltdown because of a virus attack. Got no problem with my computers ever since.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

There is another security system (antivirus) that's free.

http://www.microsoft.com/Security_essentials/

yes, I know. It's from Microsoft. At least it's free.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Yeah I tried them all out. I actually had the free edition of Antivir installed on my computer (laptop to be precise) when I got that virus.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.