Pet Wolf

The place for anything at all...
Wolf Gal
Banned
Custom Title: Werewolf.... Howlllllll
Mood: Depressed

Pet Wolf

Post by Wolf Gal »

Hey you guys i just got a pet wolf in rreal life!

Name: Zeera
Sex: Female
Coloration: Black with a white tummy

she is sooo cute
Grrrrrr........ Dragons or werewolves i am so in..........
http://world7.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=113179143
go to this website to become a werewolf
Pet's name: Shana
Adopt your own!
http://new-moon-movie.net/forum
go to this if you like newmoon and twilight and all that stuff
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Re: Pet Wolf

Post by Spongy »

That's one hell of a claim. Proof?
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Probably a doggy that looks like a wolf. Like a Husky. If this is even true at all.

But please Wolf Gal, don't come on here with outrageous fantasy claims about having a wolf unless you can back it up. And if you can back it up, get ready to be flamed off the forums, because there are a dozen things wrong with having a pet wolf.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Wow...

A girl claims to own a pet wolf, and ya bite her...

Firstly, ANYBODY can get a pet wolf, legally. There are several breeders where I live in Oklahoma. (what else are we Oklahomans going to do). It is NOTHING for me to be in a Pet's Mart, and see a regular family with a wolf, wolf/dog hybrid. Depending on how you raise them, they can be quite lovable. I have several friends of whom owned wolves through out their lives, as their homes/land permitted, and NONE of them have seen the horror stories often depicted by wild life naturalists. Wolf and Wolf-dog hybrids seem to always get the same bad rap that pitbulls get, and the reality is, is is 99.9 % the owner. If the owner knows what they are doing, the wolf follows suit.

Personally there is nothing wrong with owning a wolf (IF you have the education and the local to fulfill its needs). If you can't then, in reality, you shouldn't have a pet, period.

I say, if you can take care of it, then go for it.

As for Wolf Gal's claims... I've seen a few of her more dubious posts, but I don't think anybody needs to proof that they have a pet, especially a wolf. Now if she claimed to own a lion or a tiger, then that would be stretching... well unless she lives in Oklahoma... there ARE some crazies out in the woods of Choctaw...
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Actually, Alpha, there are many states where it is illegal to own a wolf.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spongy »

alphanubilus wrote:Wow...

I will. I'm strongly against the owning of wolves (especially as pets!).
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

Wild animals should not be kept as pets period!As Berserker said there are a dozen reasons why you should not keep a wolf as a pet,even if the wolf should become some what domesticated it is still a wild animal and when it bites you or someone you know remember its YOUR fault not the wolf's.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Most states in the U.S. either outright prohibit, or require strict license requirements, for owning a purebred wolf (or even a wolfdog in many cases.) Oklahoma is one of the very few exceptions. Some states even require written tests and physical habitat inspections to own a wolf.

Wolves are wildlife, they are not domestic dogs. They require a high level of handling expertise, socialization, and attention, as well as an appropriate habitat and diet. They aren't like a regular sweet doggy that you can just feed and take on walks, and that's all you have to worry about.

Ethically, I am against owning purebred wolves as pets, or breeding them for this purpose, or even holding them in captivity except in extreme circumstances. With thousands of abandoned dogs dying in shelters every year, the justification for breeding and raising domestic wolves had better be a damn convincing one. Especially if you're a 15-year-old Twilight fan.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

spongypants23 wrote:
alphanubilus wrote:Wow...

I will. I'm strongly against the owning of wolves (especially as pets!).
Me too. They are wild animals for a reason. If you want a pet, get a dog.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Have any of you ever owned a wolf, or knew somebody he has? I have... It's really amazing to see so many of you preach against it, and yet I doubt hardly any of you have ever had experience. I know lots of people of whom own, owned, and or breed wolf/ wolf/dog hybrids. None of them have EVER, in all the years, that I have known them, had issues. I have friends in Canada who own wolves, and they have small children.

I think wolves are beautiful in the wild. Don't get me wrong, I really do, but at the same time, I don't see the huge "no no" in adopting them.

Again, 99.9% of all canine incodents happen because the owner. It is no different in wolves case. I don't agree with ignorant people adopting wolves, as they no nothing about them... Then again, ignorant people shouldn't have pets, period. I hate watching Animal Cops and its alike, as it depresses me. Stupid people shouldn't have pets.

All states, as far as I know, have laws and regulations, when it comes to wolves. I know that in Oklahoma, if you have wolf/dog hybrid you don't have to have really any type of certification, and in most cities a wolf/dog hybrid is the approved standard. Having a few vet friends, most vets can't work on pure bred wolves, due to state laws.

To me, it is a way to preserve the species. If people started to equate wolves more along the lines as they do their dogs, people might think twice before hunting and killing them.

To me, a happy wolf is a happy wolf, regardless of its habitat.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

alphanubilus wrote: To me, a happy wolf is a happy wolf, regardless of its habitat.
Then why bother getting them out of their habitat?

I think breeding wolf/dog hybrids is wrong as well. No matter what, that dog will always have its wild side and you cannot predict it, even after numbers of years. Because its bred from a wild animal.

I say if you really like wolves, you leave them in their natural invirement. If thats not close enough for you, go to a zoo.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spongy »

Alphanubilus:

In this case, the facts can say whatever they want. The 99% means nothing to me. Here, it's a matter of opinion and one's standing.

I don't want to see wolves being bred/used as pets. It's as simple as that. To your friends, I say "Screw you, let them stay free."
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

spongypants23 wrote:Alphanubilus:

In this case, the facts can say whatever they want. The 99% means nothing to me. Here, it's a matter of opinion and one's standing.

I don't want to see wolves being bred/used as pets. It's as simple as that. To your friends, I say "Screw you, let them stay free."
And again, with thousands of lovable pets being put to sleep on a regular basis--including huskies, malamutes, German shepherds, and other wolf-like breeds--I cannot fathom how anyone can justify raising a real wolf as a pet. A wolf-dog hybrid, the victim of cruel circumstance, yes, maybe I can understand that... many of those animals would do good to have a human home. But not a purebred wolf.

Look, I normally don't trust special interests, but I'm definitely more inclined to take the word of real conservationists and scientists, who work with wild animals on a day to day basis, rather than the next door neighbor who thought it would be "cool" to own a pet wolf. What is the pet owner going to say? "Oh yeah, my wolf is a real pain in the a** to take care of and raise, he doesn't act like a dog, and I wouldn't recommend the experience?" Of COURSE not. No one wants to admit they're wrong... they would rather quietly dump their pet off in the woods. Wolf-dog rescue centers exist for a reason.
Last edited by Berserker on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

alphanubilus wrote:Have any of you ever owned a wolf, or knew somebody he has? I have... It's really amazing to see so many of you preach against it, and yet I doubt hardly any of you have ever had experience.
Experience being the key word here. It is possible to own a wolf responsibly, but with all the expenses, responsibilities and legal red tape that come with a wolf, you have to be really dedicated to it to make it work.

I do believe it can be done, but I don't believe you can just go "Hey guys, I just got a pet wolf" out of the blue as if it were no big deal.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I also heard that a husky needs to be walked at least up to 10 KM per day, and thats not even talking about a wolf's needs.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Morkulv wrote:I also heard that a husky needs to be walked at least up to 10 KM per day, and thats not even talking about a wolf's needs.
Well... maybe not THAT much, but huskies are definitely very active dogs. They require a lot of exercise.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Morkulv wrote:
alphanubilus wrote: To me, a happy wolf is a happy wolf, regardless of its habitat.
Then why bother getting them out of their habitat?

I think breeding wolf/dog hybrids is wrong as well. No matter what, that dog will always have its wild side and you cannot predict it, even after numbers of years. Because its bred from a wild animal.

I say if you really like wolves, you leave them in their natural invirement. If thats not close enough for you, go to a zoo.
Zoos bah... They are a joke. Zoos are nothing more than glorified cages. Scientists think they can fool nature, by making those cages pretty, but it is still a cage.

And folks we aren't talking about going out into the wild, capturing wolves, and "taming" them. We are talking about wolves that have been raised in captivity their entire lives. As for your "freedom"... Firstly, what matters most to an animal, is to have food, water, a place to sleep, and (for canines) social interaction. I was raised to treat our pets as members of my family. We are never to be cruel, unkind, but to always treat our critters with respect and love.

Wild wolves, should stay wild, but you simply can't toss wolves that have never been in the wild, into the wild.

Again folks, it is all about education, the right facilities.

And folks, I MUCH rather see a wolf being loved and cared for in a happy family, then walk the row at a crummy zoo.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I don't really see why you are so negative towards zoo's. I don't know about the zoo's in the US, but the zoo's I have been to seemed really caring towards the animal's that lived there, and I'm pretty sure that the people who work at zoo's who are educated in their job know alot more about wolves and wildlife then any regular family.

Also, I've also seen alot of people who cage their dog in at home. Why is that so much better according to you? At least in a zoo they have a reasonable livingspace.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Morkulv wrote:I don't really see why you are so negative towards zoo's. I don't know about the zoo's in the US, but the zoo's I have been to seemed really caring towards the animal's that lived there, and I'm pretty sure that the people who work at zoo's who are educated in their job know alot more about wolves and wildlife then any regular family.

Also, I've also seen alot of people who cage their dog in at home. Why is that so much better according to you? At least in a zoo they have a reasonable livingspace.
Unless we're talking about 20+ acres to roam around, no zoo I know of has good enough living space for wolves.

For entertainment, or even (flawed) research, zoos represent a mindset of human encapsulation and control over the natural world, and rather than bringing humans closer to other animals, the meta-message of a zoo is actually an isolating and distancing one. If we're determined to save a species, I'd rather see 10,000 shopping centers torn down, the land reforested, and the animals returned. But that's a different debate altogether.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Thats too bad. The zoo's I've been to had a good couple of m2 for the wolves to roam in. Its not the ideal living conditions for a wolf, but I think its better then living as a pet.

By the way, this is a bit offtopic but there is actually a plan to bring wolf wildlife to the Netherlands. http://www.wolveninnederland.nl/wolven-en/
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

oh i almost forgot who we were dealing with,hehe,lets remember a few other claims of wolf gal.i cant ever figure out how to use the quote thing so i just copied and pasted,heheh.

wolf gal post -feb 11 2009
i think that werewolves r real because........................
im one that is why i go on this web site to see if i am not alone...
wolf gal post -june 3 2009
hey this a new drawing of mine

i remembered these happenings.i copied these from a search of her posts.im not saying her claim to a wolf pet isnt real but im taking it with a grain of salt.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Wolf Gal has always been using this forum as her personal Twitter-page.
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

Funny how everyone here is carrying on a conversation about Wolf Gal behind her back and whether she should own a wolf, and she's not even replying. I don't think we should jump to conclusions until we at least hear her side of the story (although I will admit, some assumptions might prove to be true in this case).
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

i wouldnt say its behind her back, it is posted for her to see,its not like we having a private conversation about her where she is not able to stand up for herself,and yes most of the reply's do state its wrong for her to have a wolf as a pet but it seems that ,that opinion is a general one for anyone looking to have a wolf as a pet.wether or not she reply's to the posts ,she did start this thread and people will voice their opinions.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Gevaudan wrote:Funny how everyone here is carrying on a conversation about Wolf Gal behind her back and whether she should own a wolf, and she's not even replying. I don't think we should jump to conclusions until we at least hear her side of the story (although I will admit, some assumptions might prove to be true in this case).
Its not really behind her back, she can reply to it whenever she feels like it. The thing is, she doesn't most of the time because she knows she's making stuff up. I don't believe she owns a wolf at all, because why should I believe someone who posts pictures and claims she made it herself? Personally I think she's just in it for the attention.