Pet Wolf

The place for anything at all...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Pet Wolf

Post by MattSullivan »

Show us a picture of this "pet wolf" Oh, with you in it so we know you're not just looking for attention.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Gevaudan wrote:Funny how everyone here is carrying on a conversation about Wolf Gal behind her back and whether she should own a wolf, and she's not even replying. I don't think we should jump to conclusions until we at least hear her side of the story (although I will admit, some assumptions might prove to be true in this case).
The only reason it's going on "behind her back" is because she hasn't replied to any of our comments yet.

I can think of plenty of reasons why she might have decided to start this thread, but I no longer have any real reason to believe that it's true.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Terastas wrote:
Gevaudan wrote:Funny how everyone here is carrying on a conversation about Wolf Gal behind her back and whether she should own a wolf, and she's not even replying. I don't think we should jump to conclusions until we at least hear her side of the story (although I will admit, some assumptions might prove to be true in this case).
The only reason it's going on "behind her back" is because she hasn't replied to any of our comments yet.

I can think of plenty of reasons why she might have decided to start this thread, but I no longer have any real reason to believe that it's true.
Same. How many attention-seeking threads do you have to start, or how many blatant lies do you have to tell on this forum to get banned? Is there like a certain threshold? I mean, after the second time we saw Wolf Gal post outright plagiarized artwork, I thought that was it for sure, but I guess not.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

ImageImageImageImage
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

The study focused around the trend in Russia to domesticate silver foxes as pets. A paper from Cornell was published on the subject:

http://cbsu.tc.cornell.edu/ccgr/behaviour/Index.htm

The effort has been going since 1959 and I'm pretty sure there are domesticated wolf bloodlines that go back that far. Foxes are no less "wild" than wolves are. So the truism of "It's a wild animal!! Wild animals deserve to remain wild!!!!11!" needs to be updated.
Actually, the truism does not need to be updated, since the argument isn't that wild wolves can't be domesticated, but that they shouldn't.

If you domesticate wolves, they are no longer wolves. They become dogs. The Russian foxes don't act much like foxes anymore; they act like dogs, and in fact, they're even starting to look less like foxes. You can't really save an animal by domesticating it, because then it loses the traits that defined it in the first place.

For a minute, I'll put aside arguments about whether or not wild animals should remain wild, including all those romantic notions of freedom and unchained beauty that we werewolf fans take for granted. Lets look only at the practical aspect.

If domesticated wolves are like dogs, then they're pointless. As I've pointed out, it's irresponsible to thrust more dogs into the world when there are already tons of animals out there who could use a good home. There are Inuit dogs, Huskies, Malamutes, Samoyeds, Greenland dogs, Elkhounds, Wolfhonds, German Shepherds, Utonagan, and more. These animals look like wolves, sometimes even act like wolves, but they're fully domesticated loving animals that have already been established. That's not even including all the poor wolf-dog hybrids languishing in shelters.

Is it looks? Personality? Machoism? Whatever reason drives a person to want a pet wolf should be easily satisfied by a regular dog. If someone just wants to be able to say they have a wolf, then what's wrong with a Lab or a Shepherd anyway? Animals are not stuffed toys; what wretched selfishness, that we need to alter a species to suit our personal whim!
Personally, I'd rather see domesticated wolves than pitbulls. My city's crawling with the latter and the homeless population around here trade, breed and, yes, fight them. They can't afford to buy dog food for them so they let them run and kill their own dinners. They're a menace to cats, other dogs, squirrels, turkeys, deer, chickens, cows, horses, and people. And as we know, dogs are more aggressive than wolves, and they have no fear of humans.
Now wait a second. How would any of those scenarios change if we replaced pitbulls with domesticated wolves? There would still be a homeless population. People still wouldn't be able to afford food for them, in fact it would be even worse, because they would require more food and more space than other dogs. They would still be a menace to other domestic animals and people (wolves tend to KILL domestic dogs instinctively.) And being domesticated, of course they would have no fear of humans, that's the point behind domestication in the first place. It changes the behavior of the animal in question.
Meanwhile, about 500 miles east of here in Idaho and Montana, a wolf slaughter is going on. Now you do the math and tell me which is the better scenario.
Actually, the math isn't favorable, since the number of pets put to sleep outnumber dead wolves by an order of magnitude.
Last edited by Berserker on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Berserker wrote:
Terastas wrote:

Same. How many attention-seeking threads do you have to start, or how many blatant lies do you have to tell on this forum to get banned? Is there like a certain threshold? I mean, after the second time we saw Wolf Gal post outright plagiarized artwork, I thought that was it for sure, but I guess not.
My thoughts exactly. I'm not a person who encourages banning people, but with posters like Wolf Gal I would happily see a exception.

This is also a classic: http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... 02#p221002
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

I am going to be blunt here and say she is potentially trolling. I know that sounds harsh but thats what it feels like and looks like. It's quite a simple troll as well and has worked in some ways.

Now to add to the topic of keeping "wild" animals, I'd say it depends. Wolves would be a very tough pet. Even ones born in captivity are still quite "wild" so to speak. Another example of this is with people who keep pet foxes. Even foxes kept as pets act pretty much the same as their wild compatriats with a few changes here and there and can be tough to keep properly. Imagine keeping a WOLF or two wolves. Now my stance on this is that it's OK as long as wolves are kept properly in good conditions. I do not like the idea of wolf pets though due to the fact that if they ever became some sort of popular thing, you'd have people yanking them to sell as pets. This has happened with many an animal before. Imagine if one killed their owner? It'd hardly do wolf PR any favours at best.
For entertainment, or even (flawed) research, zoos represent a mindset of human encapsulation and control over the natural world, and rather than bringing humans closer to other animals, the meta-message of a zoo is actually an isolating and distancing one. If we're determined to save a species, I'd rather see 10,000 shopping centers torn down, the land reforested, and the animals returned. But that's a different debate altogether
Good luck with all three of those objectives because frankly you have more chance of being the Pope. I can understand that some may not like the idea of Zoo's but like it or not we cannot exactly start giving land back to nature like that and plopping down animals that are not used to being in the wild in said area. Likewise you are not going to make people feel more in tune with nature by putting tigers in their backyard. ;)

Now Zoo's maybe a bit upsetting to some but imo they are fine as long as they are in good condition. Sadly many are not, some pretty much fitting that "Animals in cages" stereotype that you see. These are the problem Zoo's and need to be ammended.

Zoo's can offer education to people about the natural world and can help in slow repopulation projects too. Education often helps people make more informed choices on the enviroment so I say Zoo's are an asset in that regard.

Scientists think they can fool nature, by making those cages pretty, but it is still a cage.
Actually Scientists often do fool nature by making those "cages" pretty. If an animals needs are met and they are in something close to their natural habitat then they wont care about weather they are in the wild or in a Zoo.
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Offtopic @ Silent Hunter: nice signature. :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

@Berserker: You seem to be pretty set in your philosophy, so I won't attempt to persuade you away from that.

But I would like to put a question to you:
Fact: Foxes are no less wild than wolves and they're being domesticated.
Fact: At least in Oregon, pitbulls are being actively bred and kept, and kept irresponsibly by the homeless population (allowed to range and kill for themselves, illegally fought, bred to be vicious and aggressive).
Fact: Pitbulls are exponentially more aggressive and dangerous than wolves and, unlike wolves, are living side-by-side with people, children and peoples' pets unprepared for their aggression.
Fact: Wild wolves have been declassified as endangered/threatened by the Obama Administration, and are being hunted and slaughtered in Alaska, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. Discussions are underway to call a season in Washington State.
Fact: Petitions to stop the wolf hunts in the Lower 48 can only do so much good and lawsuits are expensive and time-consuming, so the wolf hunts aren't likely to end anytime soon.
Fact: Some overzealous people are going so far as to slaughter wild wolf cubs, albeit illegally — but if the local sheriff/game warden is corrupt and refuses to prosecute, that's that.

The question:
Would you prefer wolves stay wild and not be domesticated, even if it means they're eradicated in the Rocky Mountain West and Pacific Northwest — again?

Me, I'd prefer they be domesticated if it means their continued existence. I've waited 47 years to hear a wolf howl in the real world, I don't want it taken away by a bunch of people who think Sarah Palin is the best thing that's happened to this country.
ImageImageImageImage
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

vrikasatma wrote: Me, I'd prefer they be domesticated if it means their continued existence. I've waited 47 years to hear a wolf howl in the real world, I don't want it taken away by a bunch of people who think Sarah Palin is the best thing that's happened to this country.
To answer your question, yes, I would prefer that they be hunted, as sad and infuriating as it may be. They will probably never go completely extinct, since they will always live in places too harsh for human habitation. But the day we see wolves become an empty shell of what they once were, shallow objects of entertainment, completely subservient to human beings... is a sadder day indeed.

Domesticating a wolf takes away the things that make it a wolf. It becomes a very pretty dog. We already domesticated wolves eons ago, and now we have dogs as the result. Long story short, we cannot save wolves by domesticating them, because in doing so, we eliminate one of the major things that makes them worth preserving in the first place: their wildness.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Berserker wrote:Now wait a second. How would any of those scenarios change if we replaced pitbulls with domesticated wolves? There would still be a homeless population. People still wouldn't be able to afford food for them, in fact it would be even worse, because they would require more food and more space than other dogs. They would still be a menace to other domestic animals and people (wolves tend to KILL domestic dogs instinctively.) And being domesticated, of course they would have no fear of humans, that's the point behind domestication in the first place. It changes the behavior of the animal in question.
In fairness, however, the primary reason pitbulls are so much more a menace than wolves is because it's easier for Average Joe to get one.

This is effectively an argument against both sides: On one hand, wolves are indeed not the menace they are made to be, but all the restrictions upon them need to be kept that way to ensure that they don't become one. Most "tame" wolves in the country at the moment are either being kept at wildlife sanctuaries or by professional handlers. It is possible to own a wolf, but it's a privilege that is not easily earned and not to be taken lightly.

Once again, I have nothing against the ownership of wolves, or any other otherwise "wild" animals in general. I only object to people seeking out ownership for selfish, lax or insignificant reasons like the ones Berserker sighted. Even if taming a wolf were as easy as the druids and rangers in Dungeons & Dragons make it look, there's still the issues of the wolf being a large, high maintenance carnivore, and of it being an endangered species. Just because there has never been a documented report of a healthy wolf attacking a human being doesn't mean there aren't a million things that could go wrong with this scenario. Owning / caring for a wolf would be a challenge that should never be taken lightly.

The only thing I don't really buy about the counter-argument is the notion that it takes five to six generations for an animal to become domestic, mostly because it only takes one generation in captivity for an animal to stop being wild. . . So if only the fifth generation in captivity is officially domesticated, what do you call generations one through four in captivity?

Regardless of whether an animal is domesticated or not, it still needs to be trained, and wild animals born into captivity can absolutely be trained. It isn't easy, but it still can be done. So again, this just ties back into what I said about commitment.

But anyway, back on Wolf Gal. . . I wasn't aware she had been plagiarizing artwork, so this definitely changes my opinion. I was originally going to just brush her off as being a variation of lamer, kind of like the "p-shifters" that used to pop up left and right at the Pack in its early days. This, however, gives me more of an impression that she may be a deliberate troller; that she's either starved for attention or enjoys posting things that she knows will get us worked up (as this thread certainly has).

Doesn't really matter which -- neither one is excusable. But since she didn't stick around in this thread to cry about how nobody believes her, my money is on the latter. :P
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

This person doesn't have a pet wolf. Period.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Berserker wrote:To answer your question, yes, I would prefer that they be hunted, as sad and infuriating as it may be.
There you have it, ladies and gentlemen, a Pack member who'd sacrifice wolves for the sake of an over-romanticized ideal.

I rest my case.
ImageImageImageImage
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

vrikasatma wrote: And as we know, dogs are more aggressive than wolves, and they have no fear of humans.
*cough, cough* Ummmm... hardly. Wolves are way more aggressive than domesticated dogs (the pit bull probably coming closest to being an exception). Wild wolves will quite often kill a packmate or two in the course of an average year in various dominance contests. Add in the fact that the average domesticated dog (at least in most parts of the United States) has been spayed/neutered, which tends to cut down on aggression even further. You're mistaking aggression for the statistics on domectic dog maulings. Yes, dogs have little to no fear of humans, but that's why there are so many dog maulings, not because wolves are inherently less aggressive, which they most certainly are not.
Terastas wrote:Just because there has never been a documented report of a healthy wolf attacking a human being...
Not anymore. In 1997 there was a series of grisly wolf attacks upon humans in rural India. It has been fairly well documented and the wolves in question were found to be healthy. The wolves comprised a single small pack and for some unknown reason began preying upon human children... Which leads me into...
alphanubilus wrote:Firstly, ANYBODY can get a pet wolf, legally. There are several breeders where I live in Oklahoma. (what else are we Oklahomans going to do). It is NOTHING for me to be in a Pet's Mart, and see a regular family with a wolf, wolf/dog hybrid. Depending on how you raise them, they can be quite lovable.
Yeah, um... I respectfully suggest you don't try that stunt here in California. You will go straight to jail. You will not pass Go. You will not collect $200. No lie. It's actually a felony here (as in you can in fact get sentenced to more than a year of incarceration for the offense). There are extremely rare permits issued by CFG for the keeping of wild predators, but you typically have to be a zoo. Secondly, I'm sure that wolves can be raised to be very loving and entirely obedient. That was the general state of the small pack of wolves that a Vallejo, California resident was (quite illegally) keeping as pets and passing off as malamutes. This guy didn't feel that the wolves were any threat whatsoever because they greeted him at the door just like a dog would, rolled on their backs and begged for belly-rubs just like a dog would, scratched at the door when they needed to go outside just like a dog would. And then one day, when Alpha was gone (to work), Beta led the pack in digging out of the yard into a neighbor's property whereupon they entered the neighbor's house and killed a small child and then killed the elderly woman who came to the child's screams. A wolf (admittedly like some dogs in this respect) will behave submissively around a dominant human "packmate" and will go completely predatory when left to its own devices. That dude could not believe that his loving pets could turn into such vicious killers. And by the way, the jury didn't care when they sentenced him for negligent homicide.
alphanubilus wrote:Have any of you ever owned a wolf, or knew somebody he has? I have... It's really amazing to see so many of you preach against it, and yet I doubt hardly any of you have ever had experience.
No. I have not. Wolves do NOT make good pets!
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I agree, wolves do NOT make good pets. This is a well known fact.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

MattSullivan wrote:This person doesn't have a pet wolf. Period.
Ofcourse not.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I'm getting dizzy just reading all this Animal Wrongs Activism talk.
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

vrikasatma wrote:
Berserker wrote:To answer your question, yes, I would prefer that they be hunted, as sad and infuriating as it may be.
There you have it, ladies and gentlemen, a Pack member who'd sacrifice wolves for the sake of an over-romanticized ideal.

I rest my case.
If that was an attempt to discredit Beserker or declare victory in your little debate over him then you have really missed the point. On top of that I am curious ask to why you would include "Pack Member" in there as if members of the Packs Den cannot hold any possible viewpoint that may surport wolves being hunted or controlled. It feels uncomfortably like your trying to poison the well so to speak and discredit him. His argument is flawed of course but it still feels like it.

Now, to some of your points:

[qoute]And as we know, dogs are more aggressive than wolves, and they have no fear of humans.[/quote]

No, we don't all know. Evidence please.
Personally, I'd rather see domesticated wolves than pitbulls. My city's crawling with the latter and the homeless population around here trade, breed and, yes, fight them.
What makes you think wolves would be any better kept then dogs? Dogs are usually aggressive if they are trained to be or receive a lack of training. It has been common for people to breed them to be "tough" animals and in the UK there have been cases of death due to Pitballs and other "tough" dog's being trained this way. It is the fualt of the owner, not the dog. Some of these dogs can be great around kids for petes sake. This also assumes homeless people could afford or even get wolves which are not easy to aquire in many areas.
They can't afford to buy dog food for them so they let them run and kill their own dinners. They're a menace to cats, other dogs, squirrels, turkeys, deer, chickens, cows, horses, and people.
Your also making the same assumption that wolves would fare any better if swapped with dogs. On top of that as I have previously stated, not many homeless people can afford wolves let alone acess a place to get them. Again it seems your probelms would be allayed if better training was given to the aframentioned dogs.

Meanwhile, about 500 miles east of here in Idaho and Montana, a wolf slaughter is going on. Now you do the math and tell me which is the better scenario.

You made the artificial choice that there which is either have more domesticated wolves/switched with dogs or wolves just being killed. The flaws in this are many. For a start, how would more wolves as pets (as you have implied that you would rather have then swapped with pitballs) work? Give it some thought. It's pretty much like changing the deckchairs on the Titanic. You're still going to have awful owners. If wolves became popular then there may be a trend of people taking them from the wild to sell them as pets which could actually do more damage to the popluation long term. Finally, all it takes is one case of a wolf attacking a human and then you will have people calling to pcull them. There is no Math or logic in your argument.

Oh and I just realised you did not address ANY of Beserkers points. In fact you just sidestepped them with "facts" and then tried to discredit him when he lapped up your artificial choise. Prove that wolf domestification would stop wolf hunting.
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

vrikasatma wrote:

I rest my case.
No ad hominems please.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Uniform Two Six wrote:
vrikasatma wrote: And as we know, dogs are more aggressive than wolves, and they have no fear of humans.
*cough, cough* Ummmm... hardly. Wolves are way more aggressive than domesticated dogs (the pit bull probably coming closest to being an exception). Wild wolves will quite often kill a packmate or two in the course of an average year in various dominance contests. Add in the fact that the average domesticated dog (at least in most parts of the United States) has been spayed/neutered, which tends to cut down on aggression even further. You're mistaking aggression for the statistics on domectic dog maulings. Yes, dogs have little to no fear of humans, but that's why there are so many dog maulings, not because wolves are inherently less aggressive, which they most certainly are not.
Terastas wrote:Just because there has never been a documented report of a healthy wolf attacking a human being...
Not anymore. In 1997 there was a series of grisly wolf attacks upon humans in rural India. It has been fairly well documented and the wolves in question were found to be healthy. The wolves comprised a single small pack and for some unknown reason began preying upon human children... Which leads me into...
alphanubilus wrote:Firstly, ANYBODY can get a pet wolf, legally. There are several breeders where I live in Oklahoma. (what else are we Oklahomans going to do). It is NOTHING for me to be in a Pet's Mart, and see a regular family with a wolf, wolf/dog hybrid. Depending on how you raise them, they can be quite lovable.
Yeah, um... I respectfully suggest you don't try that stunt here in California. You will go straight to jail. You will not pass Go. You will not collect $200. No lie. It's actually a felony here (as in you can in fact get sentenced to more than a year of incarceration for the offense). There are extremely rare permits issued by CFG for the keeping of wild predators, but you typically have to be a zoo. Secondly, I'm sure that wolves can be raised to be very loving and entirely obedient. That was the general state of the small pack of wolves that a Vallejo, California resident was (quite illegally) keeping as pets and passing off as malamutes. This guy didn't feel that the wolves were any threat whatsoever because they greeted him at the door just like a dog would, rolled on their backs and begged for belly-rubs just like a dog would, scratched at the door when they needed to go outside just like a dog would. And then one day, when Alpha was gone (to work), Beta led the pack in digging out of the yard into a neighbor's property whereupon they entered the neighbor's house and killed a small child and then killed the elderly woman who came to the child's screams. A wolf (admittedly like some dogs in this respect) will behave submissively around a dominant human "packmate" and will go completely predatory when left to its own devices. That dude could not believe that his loving pets could turn into such vicious killers. And by the way, the jury didn't care when they sentenced him for negligent homicide.
alphanubilus wrote:Have any of you ever owned a wolf, or knew somebody he has? I have... It's really amazing to see so many of you preach against it, and yet I doubt hardly any of you have ever had experience.
Correction... the California Law mandates that a person can not be in possession of a full wolf/ and or F1 Wolf/Dog hybrid. In short if you have an F2 or above hybrid of which is a second to third generation wolf/dog hybrid or a wolf dog hybrid/hybrid, there aren't any special laws. Most breeders that legally sell wolves, usually sell F2 or above hybrids, such as this case with Fire Mountain Wolves.

As for the case of the unfortunate wolf owner... That can happen with ANY canine... although I would LOVE to see a man ravaged by a Pamaranian. Blade 3 still gives me chuckles... I've heard of people being attacked a mauled by Labs, of which is rather rare, but it does happen. All canines are predatory by nature. No matter that species, that inner wolf never truly goes away. I've seen German Shepherds who were loving little puppies, become vicious because somebody was at the wrong place, at the wrong time, doing the wrong thing.

Personally I think a lot of these laws are nothing more than that old anti-wolf descrimination mentality.

http://www.wolfdogalliance.org/legislat ... elaws.html

Here is a great link to see if there are any laws in your state governing the owning of wolves...
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spongy »

I got a pet taquito.

He didn't last past lunch time. So sad.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

alphanubilus wrote:
Uniform Two Six wrote:
Correction... the California Law mandates that a person can not be in possession of a full wolf/ and or F1 Wolf/Dog hybrid. In short if you have an F2 or above hybrid of which is a second to third generation wolf/dog hybrid or a wolf dog hybrid/hybrid, there aren't any special laws. Most breeders that legally sell wolves, usually sell F2 or above hybrids, such as this case with Fire Mountain Wolves.

As for the case of the unfortunate wolf owner... That can happen with ANY canine... although I would LOVE to see a man ravaged by a Pamaranian. Blade 3 still gives me chuckles... I've heard of people being attacked a mauled by Labs, of which is rather rare, but it does happen. All canines are predatory by nature. No matter that species, that inner wolf never truly goes away. I've seen German Shepherds who were loving little puppies, become vicious because somebody was at the wrong place, at the wrong time, doing the wrong thing.

Personally I think a lot of these laws are nothing more than that old anti-wolf descrimination mentality.

http://www.wolfdogalliance.org/legislat ... elaws.html

Here is a great link to see if there are any laws in your state governing the owning of wolves...

Mauled by a labrador?? Me and my family owned a black labrador for 13 years and I really find that hard to believe. Labs are easily one of the most obedient dogs, and there is a reason why they use labs as guidance dogs for blind people.

If you would have said poodles I would have believed you, since poodles are actually on the number one spot on the list of most agressive dogs... But labs? No way. Sure, any dog can bite if it wants to.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Morkulv wrote:Mauled by a labrador?? Me and my family owned a black labrador for 13 years and I really find that hard to believe. Labs are easily one of the most obedient dogs, and there is a reason why they use labs as guidance dogs for blind people.

If you would have said poodles I would have believed you, since poodles are actually on the number one spot on the list of most agressive dogs... But labs? No way. Sure, any dog can bite if it wants to.
It's about as believable as an Akita dog mauling a kid. Unlikely, but apparently not impossible.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »