What to do with those who claim to be Werewolves

The place for anything at all...
Sevena

What to do with those who claim to be Werewolves

Post by Sevena »

Its pretty obvious that Pack members don't appreciate those who claim to be Werewolves.Everyone deserves the chance to be apart of this community regardless of whether in their first post they claim to be a werewolf,but when they reinforce that claim, how long should it be allowed to continue.Should they be permanently banned after so many posts, or should they just be banned for a certain amount of time.If there is already a topic concerning this ,sorry, I didn't see it.Could there possibly be some kind of disclaimer when joining the board, stating that we do not support such claims,and if they are made you will be banned.I know guidelines are set but it seems many don't bother to read them.What do you think should be done, if anything.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re: What to do with those who claim to be Werewolves

Post by Terastas »

I think it should depend less on the fact that they are claiming such and rather how they choose to go about it.

If they post thread after thread trying to reinforce the claim without addressing the criticism:
SPAMMER = BANNED!!!

If they cry that nobody believes them or tell everyone that expresses disbelief to go f*** themselves:
FLAMER = BANNED!!!

If they say "What the hell I thought this was a werewolf forum" or something along the lines of that:
Correct them. And if they persist -- TROLLER = BANNED!!!

Most of the P-shifters and other such fake werewolves that ever posted at the Pack either got banned or left in a huff eventually, but not all of them came and went like that. It does need to be understood that the Pack is a forum for werewolf fans instead of werewolf wannabes (regardless of how often the two may overlap), but everyone deserves the benefit of a doubt.

I think the rule of thumb should be that, if someone comes to the Pack claiming to be a real life werewolf, they should have to do one of two things:
1) Fess up.
2) Answer our questions and humor our skepticism.

If they can actually convince me that they just might know something about werewolves, I just might look the other way. . . But most of these fake werewolves just rip their "truths" right out of Anne Rice or Stephanie Meyer, so I seriously doubt that will ever happen. :grinp:

But yeah, at any rate, while claiming to be a real life werewolf is an absolute irritation, I wouldn't explicitly write it in the rule book. Just make it clear that they will be ridiculed for it, warn them to proceed with caution, and decide whether to ban them or not based on how they respond to said criticism instead.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Generally the result of a new member claiming to be a "Real Werewolf" goes along these lines:

Other Pack members do not tolerate the blatant lie, and more or less politely informs the 'werewolf' that their claims are unacceptable, looked down upon, and that role playing should be kept within the role playing forums. Some Pack Members may go so far as to notify the poser, via PM, what their feelings are regarding the 'tru w3r3wulf' claims.

Either the 'werewolf' immediately recognizes that this is, really, not a 'werewolf forum' in the sense that they thought it was, or that they're not garnering the level of attention they wanted, and leave. The RPer stops after realizing no one else wants to play his game. And for the "Tr0 Wulfs" who won't live down their claims -- they typically depart after the rest of the Pack Members have their way with him, and said poster realizes they're not getting very far anytime soon (this is when the P-shifters "leave in a huff.")

And quite honestly. That works -- without the ban hammer. (although, extensive discussion HAS occurred regarding the possibility of placing "No Real Werewolf Claims" into the rules. And the rules haven't been changed yet...still...)

As for trolls: They're easy to pick out and eliminate. And, by the way, I personally don't think any of our most recent pathological liars and "gypsy wolves" are trolls.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

^ Agree with the post above. We already have a system within the system and us mods don't have to lift a thumb which means less work for us. Thanks guys. :D
I am surprise I didn't took what Outward said into account, most of the time these type of people leave soon after they get looked down on or harassed which leaves little reason to ban any of these people, if they want to persist on staying here and saying they are a "w3r3wulf" without any evidence, then they will have to endure what others have to say on the matter even if it does come off as being rude, and even locked threads if needed. Some have stopped posting such accusations yet still believe they are but as long as they keep it to themselves or the role playing section then it's fine. Like Outward said, it does work, we seen it many times in the past.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Just laugh at them and ignore them.

I also agree with Terastas. In addition I would also like to see a rule against spammers (if that rule doesn't exist already), and also make a rule against plagarism (both of which are things that Wolf Gal responsible for). I know that its a bit strict to ban someone immediately for disobeying a rule, but Wolf Gal in my opinion has had enough chances.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

*Three werewolves are crowded around a computer somewhere*
"Huh. Here's another one who doesn't believe we're real."
"Hey, just tell him to go f*** himself."
"Yeah, then post thread after thread repeating yourself, without addressing their criticisms until they ban us again."
"Good idea. Hey, y'know what? This time I'll just liberally seed all of my posts with some garbage I found in a Stephanie Meyer book."
"Yeah. That'll really piss them off."
:D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Uniform Two Six wrote:*Three werewolves are crowded around a computer somewhere*
"Huh. Here's another one who doesn't believe we're real."
"Hey, just tell him to go f*** himself."
"Yeah, then post thread after thread repeating yourself, without addressing their criticisms until they ban us again."
"Good idea. Hey, y'know what? This time I'll just liberally seed all of my posts with some garbage I found in a Stephanie Meyer book."
"Yeah. That'll really piss them off."
:D
*nods* It had occurred to me that a real life werewolf might derive some comfort or humor out of being told by select representatives of the masses that he doesn't exist.

That doesn't mean I'm about to start giving every werewolf wannabe that comes here the benefit of a doubt all of a sudden. I'll probably just stick it somewhere in a script instead. :grinp:
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

No he wouldn't Because werewolves DON'T exist. THEY DON'T....EXIST!

good sweet god
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Sebiale »

I've never really noticed many trolls here, one of the benefits to being one of the less known forums.
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

MattSullivan wrote:No he wouldn't Because werewolves DON'T exist. THEY DON'T....EXIST!
Ya, but the whole reason we're werewolf fans is because we, for whatever brief amount of time, can suspend our disbelief and live vicariously through a creature that isn't human. And to outright claim that werewolves don't exist ruins a bit of the fun hwlwnk

But ya, I see your point Matt. I suppose if we go to far into the "werewolves exist" part, we'll all end up insane in an assylum somewhere. lol.
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sebiale »

Werewolves do not exist......yet.
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

In 2012 we will have a werewolf-apocalypse. The mayans predicted that you know. :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Valon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Cuation, likes to bite!
Additional Details: Chases cars, has bad flees, likes to play fetch.

Post by Valon »

Nice theory! i always thought that the mayans were just too lazy to finish it. lol
Brother Wolf KARN, follower of the moon
The Third of Brothers of blood, and last protector of the mark
Until then, may the moon shine bright on your back and may the game give you a challenge!
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

And those people who claim to be werewolves can be Therians in general. But, they don't call themselves werewolves.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
AngryGothChick
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hello person.
Mood: Depressed

Post by AngryGothChick »

Morkulv wrote:In 2012 we will have a werewolf-apocalypse. The mayans predicted that you know. :D
Sounds cooler than my zombie-apocalypse theories lol.
Out by sixteen or dead on the scene, but together forever
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper
Mood: Excited

Post by Noir-Okami »

IndianaJones wrote:And those people who claim to be werewolves can be Therians in general. But, they don't call themselves werewolves.
And normally therians don't run around claiming to physically shift.

But that's the problem. The group who is claiming to be werewolves (as in, actual shapeshifting :shift: ) are making it up for attention.

True, therians don't normally call themselves werewolves, but I've seen some therians use that term to describe themselves on different (and older) websites... But it tends to be fairly obvious what they mean, if they use that term.
AngryGothChick wrote:
Morkulv wrote:In 2012 we will have a werewolf-apocalypse. The mayans predicted that you know. :D
Sounds cooler than my zombie-apocalypse theories lol.
...A werewolf apocalypse would be a lot better than a zombie apocalypse. You know, if you got turned, you would be awesome. (I'm not too fond of the idea of shambling around either as a slave (traditional myth) or looking for human flesh to eat (Hollywood).)
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Noir-Okami wrote: ...A werewolf apocalypse would be a lot better than a zombie apocalypse. You know, if you got turned, you would be awesome. (I'm not too fond of the idea of shambling around either as a slave (traditional myth) or looking for human flesh to eat (Hollywood).)
A werewolf apocalypse is also marginally more plausible than a zombie one, since even if we're talking about Hollywood-style mindless weres they'd still have enough cunning to be all hunt-y and stalk-y rather than shamble about dumbly towards a human shape or loud noise.

And, of course, it's just a more badass apocalypse in general. Much more fast paced. :lol:
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sebiale »

Aki wrote:And, of course, it's just a more badass apocalypse in general. Much more fast paced. :lol:
Have you seen Zombieland? The zombies can actually run... Bill Murray dies though, which is sad...but freaking hilarious when it happens...
Flatline
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: More to me than what your eye sees
Additional Details: Gender on profile no longer specified. Reason: There is no genderqueer option.
Mood: Happy

Post by Flatline »

please beware of pm spam. a while back i had somme guy asking me if i wass a shapeshifter. he was pretty perrsistant on asking
Friendship is a precious thing.... Until it is abused and you are rendered unloved. Few remain at my side, one of them is the most compassionate man I have ever met. I love you silver1, thank you for being at my side when i need you the most. I will try, if only for you.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Thanks for the warning. :)
Flatline
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: More to me than what your eye sees
Additional Details: Gender on profile no longer specified. Reason: There is no genderqueer option.

Post by Flatline »

yeah no problem
Friendship is a precious thing.... Until it is abused and you are rendered unloved. Few remain at my side, one of them is the most compassionate man I have ever met. I love you silver1, thank you for being at my side when i need you the most. I will try, if only for you.
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

Same thing happened to me,it is really irritating.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Noir-Okami wrote: True, therians don't normally call themselves werewolves, but I've seen some therians use that term to describe themselves on different (and older) websites... But it tends to be fairly obvious what they mean, if they use that term.
I've seen therians call themselves werewolves before too on other forums, but it is very annoying and misleading. One of my internet pet peeves.

It's annoying because they pretend that everyone understands and agrees with their definition of the term, so that every single post they make in a topic about werewolves requires a bunch of clarification.

Poster: "Do you think all werewolves should be affected by the full moon?"

Therian: "Well, the werewolves I know sometimes like to go out at night during the full moon, but it doesn't really affect me."

Poster: "Wait, so you're a werewolf, but you don't shapeshift during the full moon?"

Therian: "Oh no, shapeshifting is impossible!"

Poster: "Now wait a second... but you just called yourself a werewolf."

And so on and so forth until the pulling out of hair ensues. Dear therians: please do not go around with your chests all puffed up blithely calling yourselves werewolves. It is annoying for people who want to talk about the mythological werewolf creature whose word you've been misappropriating. You have your own word, it's called "therian," and it's more than sufficient. Thank you.
Licantrox
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Licantrox

Post by Licantrox »

To ban is the solution if the poster is so annoying.
MistressWolf
Custom Title: MistressWolf

Post by MistressWolf »

There are about 13 werewolf shifting types. I think I'd have to recheck my files. I personally feel that I am an Aura Shifting form, that means that its like players that " get there head into the game". Its a wonderful expericence to get out of my mind set and get into the mind set that makes you feel away from the world.

I think that it depends on what shift they are claim to be. But everyone is entitled to there own option.