A Question for those who believe.

The place for anything at all...
Valon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Cuation, likes to bite!
Additional Details: Chases cars, has bad flees, likes to play fetch.
Mood: RAR!

A Question for those who believe.

Post by Valon »

Okay, I have a question for those who really believe in werewolves. If you ever met one, would you be scared, or excited? And if you weren't scared out of your pants by this revelation, if they were the one you loved, how would you feel? :?
Brother Wolf KARN, follower of the moon
The Third of Brothers of blood, and last protector of the mark
Until then, may the moon shine bright on your back and may the game give you a challenge!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Re: A Question for those who believe.

Post by Morkulv »

Huh? Whats the point? People who believe in werewolves shouldn't be scared or excited because they already know they exist, right?

A bit of a weird question.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

How many times has this been discussed now?
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Spongy wrote:How many times has this been discussed now?
Too many.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

*Tears hair out and bangs head against the refrigerator door*

NNNNG! Enough! We are werewolf FANS! NO ONE in their right mind should think for a MOMENT that werewolves actually exist!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :x
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I think its time for Matt's happy-pills. :P
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

The reason it makes me so damn mad is these retards make the rest of us look insane.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

MattSullivan wrote:The reason it makes me so damn mad is these retards make the rest of us look insane.
Tearing your hair our and banging your head against the refrigerator can do that, too.

:grinp:
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

I would greet it and shake its fine furry paw. I would then proceed to invite it to my cottage in the mountains. There the werewolf would dry his matted coat and talk about the the way the world is with a fine glass of brandy and some rich tea biscuits.
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

outwarddoodles wrote:
MattSullivan wrote:The reason it makes me so damn mad is these retards make the rest of us look insane.
Tearing your hair our and banging your head against the refrigerator can do that, too.

Heh. Beat me to it. :grinp: You know, even if you don't believe in the existence of werewolves, it's still possible to have a hypothetical discussion about them. And besides Matt, if werewolves really were too fantastical to be believed, why would you need to deny their existence so adamantly? Might make people start to wonder about you. :wink:

As for me, I don't outright believe in werewolves. . . But I am at least open to the possibility. You know, there was a time when the general populace didn't believe furries were real. :wink: Just because you've never seen something doesn't mean it isn't real. Proving something exists is a lot easier than proving something doesn't. . .

Though I'd still have to pick my jaw up off the floor if I found out werewolves were real. Just because I'm open to the possibility doesn't mean I ever expect to find out. :P
Valon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Valon »

i am sorry if this question angers some, or just makes them insane, hint, hint. but i was just wondering how everyone felt about it. i did not mean to anger any, or insult anyone. there is no reason to insult others just because they don't know. just remember that. also remember that you didn't have to reply, but you made a choice to do it on your own.
Until then, may the moon shine bright on your back and may the game give you a challenge!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I don't think the question angers people here, but tires them because it questions simular to yours have been asked millions of times before.
AngryGothChick
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hello person.
Mood: Depressed

Post by AngryGothChick »

Then I haven't been around so often anymore to see the question pop up a lot. x3
Out by sixteen or dead on the scene, but together forever
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

AngryGothChick wrote:Then I haven't been around so often anymore to see the question pop up a lot. x3
I'm sorta surprised i didn't see the response "look up the old topics"
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

outwarddoodles wrote:

Not only that, it voids the warranty on your fridge. As for tearing out your hair...that would depend on what part of your body you tore it out of...
:P
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

if you believe in werewolves you are stupid. STUPID and gullible and weak. Gaw!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

MattSullivan wrote:if you believe in werewolves you are stupid. STUPID and gullible and weak. Gaw!
Don't forget STUPID!

:P
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Alpha »

Morkulv wrote:Huh? Whats the point? People who believe in werewolves shouldn't be scared or excited because they already know they exist, right?
Not necessarily so. You know that Great White sharks exist. But if you actually encountered one, you'd probably s*** your pants, or in this case, swim trunks. :lol:
Valon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Valon »

okay okay okay. i think everyone has the right to voice their own opinion. but i have a question for mattsulivan. if you think that people are stupid for believing in something that the website you have posted on so much on that, in a way does support it, then why are you on it? yes i understand that this site is for fans not believers. but in order to be a fan, mustn't you also have some notion that there is something out there that started this whole thing about werewolves? i mean this myth didn't just spring up out of thin air. oh, and if you are going to insult people that do believe, at least do it kindly. :x
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

Valon wrote:if you think that people are stupid for believing in something that the website you have posted on so much on that, in a way does support it, then why are you on it? yes i understand that this site is for fans not believers. but in order to be a fan, mustn't you also have some notion that there is something out there that started this whole thing about werewolves? i mean this myth didn't just spring up out of thin air.
Well, yes, every myth has an origin, but the key word here is "myth." Just because the legend of werewolves arose from something doesn't necessarily mean that that "something" was an actual werewolf. It could have been imagined, it could be based on anecdotal experiences with actual wolves, or it could have been created out of fear of the insane or wild. There are a multitude of far more rational explanations for the origin of werewolf legends than the wishful thinking of, "Oh, werewolf myths must have been based on actual werewolves, otherwise those myths would be about something else."
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Valon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Valon »

yes but that is what is so interesting about the human mind. each person thinks differently. i never stated that werewolves were real, i just stated that there had to be something behind it for so many people to believe the same thing. every person's mind works and thinks differently, thats why there are myths, and legends. the fact that so many people believe in the exact same thing makes you wonder. i'm not saying that there really are werewolves. i'm just stating, "what if?" i'm questioning reality in some ways. and in others i'm taking the scientific aproach to the same problem as everyobne else is. it is not the fact that they are real. it is the fact of what if they were real?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I think it depends more on what and how much they believe as opposed to just whether or not.

People that believe there must be a logical explanation or factual origin of the werewolf mythos and refuse to pass judgment? Not crazy at all.

People that believe Taylor "Shark Boy" Lautner is a werewolf and line up at Twilight premiers hoping they can get him to bite them? Everything said by Matt about them tenfold.
Valon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Valon »

:lol: oh stop it! my side hurts from laughing so much, i completely agree with you! :lol:
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

i'd be alittle scared. hoping they have control and not wanting to kill me. If it was a loved one, i hope that they remember me and our love we share. but thats if they were real
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
AngryGothChick
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hello person.
Mood: Depressed

Post by AngryGothChick »

I would be fascinated and excited. Finally knowing they do exist 100%. But a bit scared at the same time,knowing I could have my face torn off.
Out by sixteen or dead on the scene, but together forever