Werewolve, Vampire, etc. Can we become ghosts when we died?

The place for anything at all...
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Werewolve, Vampire, etc. Can we become ghosts when we died?

Post by Fyriewolf »

okay I am writing a story about werewolves and vampires and all other mythical creatures and I dont want to offend anybody so I was wondering if ya'll can help me out on this, please?!?! I am trying to figure out on how to make them sound like they are ghosts and are just going through flashbacks of their lives. So if anybody would like ot help. I would be much oblige.
Am I willing to risk failure in order to succeed? The answer is always YES!!!
Sevena

Re: Werewolve, Vampire, etc. Can we become ghosts when we died?

Post by Sevena »

making the reader aware that they are dead before you start flash backs would be a major clue for the reader that they are ghosts.for instance the death scene of a character and then later an event that trigers a flashback from their former life.just an idea. :)
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

You'll first have to be a little more clear on what exactly you are trying to establish. Are the vampires / werewolves narrating an event from being dead (a la American Beauty), or is the revelation that they are ghosts supposed to be more of a Sixth Sense-ish shocker at the end?

Were they vampires and werewolves in real life, or are they stuck in a sort of limbo (a la Jacob's Ladder) where they are hallucinating about becoming vampires and werewolves?

And if it is a shocker at the end, who discovers it? Do the vampires / werewolves discover that they themselves are ghosts, or does some poor sod they've been hounding discover that his weapons are useless against them because they aren't even there?
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

they are actually vampires/ werewolves and they are telling the readers about what/ who they were in their lives before they had died and also how they had died. if u had read Pandora by Anne Rice it is almost an exact replica of that book.
Am I willing to risk failure in order to succeed? The answer is always YES!!!