Loved one...

The place for anything at all...
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf, The shadow
Additional Details: hmmmm....
what else can i say Oh yeh I think I'm good at art =P
and I'm kind of a Jester sometimes HEHEHEH!!!
Mood: Busy

Loved one...

Post by ledrif »

Let's see what you would do in this situation:
Your human loved one is crossing the road to hug you because you were gone for a while then you notice an car in high speed going to hit her what would you have done??
OH! and assuming there is pepole looking and she does not know you are a werewolf..

And sorry if theres an other thread like this one i couldn't find any in mine quick search...

LAST TIME I'll EDIT IT OK!!
Last edited by ledrif on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image Pay us a visit if you can!
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Loved one...

Post by alphanubilus »

If I was a werewolf... Eh... let the car hit her... hyuumans are a dime a dozen... :lol:

In reality, if I saw somebody that I loved, about to get hit by a car, I think most of us, would do everything we could to save the said loved one, even if it meant putting our lives in danger. That is how love works.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Yell at her not to cross until the idiot passes. You only said that she was going to cross, not that she was already in the street by the time I saw the car.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Terastas wrote:Yell at her not to cross until the idiot passes. You only said that she was going to cross, not that she was already in the street by the time I saw the car.
I didn't think about that... but you're right. All you had to do is yell at her. :)
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ledrif »

Ugh but remenber she already started crossing if you yell at her the fist thing a human would do is stop and look where you sad that was coming wich means that wouldn't help at all...
sorry I'll edit that it suposed that she already started running to you :lol:
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Uh... where is this anyway? City, town, village, highway? Is there any place said werewolf could run into after saving her to hide itself? Is it night without a moon, with or without street lamps, or daytime? These seriously do affect my answer so... not to be a pest but please be specific about those? Here's my, "it's day out, no place to run and hide after saving her" answer:

Rush over, push her out of the way, and let yourself get hit. Depending on the werewolf, you would probably take less damage than the human and survive. Also keeps your secret... at least until someone notices your wounds are already healing faster than they should. Heh... i haven't thought alot about this have i? :D
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ledrif »

OMG ok i'll be more specific *starts editing the first post AGAIN*
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

ledrif wrote:OMG ok i'll be more specific *starts editing the first post AGAIN*
In which case I'd push you in front of the car to get her out of the way.

And if the cops arrest me, I'll tell them I suspected you were in cahoots with the driver because you kept rewriting the scenario to make sure my only options were to either let my loved one get run over or get run over myself.

Seriously, threads like these tick me off enough without the constant editing to prohibit thinking outside the box. What the hell is it that's possessing you to try and force us to answer a certain way?
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

This is like those "You have 20 people in X bunker with certain traits. Who would you save?" things. It forces you to answer in a certain way.
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ledrif »

Look it's not my fault first of all there pepole who complains about not having an specific scenario and other complain cuz they want something more general Jesus what you guys want me to do then put myself in the place of yer loved one and get hit by the car?????
I can't make evryone happy you know :(
Sharfan
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mood: Depressed

Post by Sharfan »

If there was a wall behind me, I would jump to the wall, and push off it with all of my strength. If I were a werewolf, then this would probably send me flying pretty fast, and I would make sure I was travelling in a straight line to my loved one. Then, using my heightened reflexes and strength, I would grab her, and use my momentum to carry her with me out of danger. If I were moving as fast as would venture to guess, then no one, excluding my loved one because the driver of the car is obviously not paying attention, would have seen what I'd done. That's one thing I've never gotten: why would you push her out of the way and get hit yourself, when you can simply tackle her and get the both of you out of harm's way? It just makes more sense to me. . .
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

ledrif dont worry about pleasing everyone.thats not goin to happen.your question was a simple one,what was more implied than actually asked seemed to be wether or not a person would change into a werewolf to safe a loved one.my answer would be yes.regardless of the consequenses when we love , we tend to act out of love in a situation like that and would not have time to debate wether to shift or not.
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ledrif »

Hmm nice option you find Sharfan :)
and Sevena I can't stop worring about it because that's me I always want to please everyone :(
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

I would tend to agree with the above posts. If your only option to save a loved one was to shift, the knee-jerk response would be to shift and rescue them, and worry about consequences later. I think the waaaay more interesting question would be what happens next when your loved one is now safe -- but has now found out (in the most dramatically immediate way imaginable) that werewolves are real -- and you are one.

Awkward... :(
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

I would make sure I was in top physical shape as a human, so in case a situation like this arises, I wouldn't have to shapeshift. (Assuming shapeshifting happens at a fraction of a second anyway, which in most stories it doesn't.)
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I would kick her out of the way, and if she would b**** about me being a werewolf I would say "STFU I just saved your life". :P
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I suspect the actual question being asked is: "Would you risk exposing yourself as a werewolf if doing so would save a loved one's life?"

Yes, it does force an answer. Yes or No. :P

My answer would be YES. Why? Because I love her. (DUH) You don't think things out when as strong an emotion as love is in the equation; you do, and think later.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

Is there any reason why you could not just throw a projectile at the driver or the car itself? I may not work but if you can force the car to swerve then you may actually get a result.

Though it all depends. In the end if I could not I would have to say no. It's not like said girl will treat me the same ever again and even if she accepts the idea of a werewolf others wont and your life will be ruined.
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

RedEye wrote:I suspect the actual question being asked is: "Would you risk exposing yourself as a werewolf if doing so would save a loved one's life?"

Yes, it does force an answer. Yes or No. :P

My answer would be YES. Why? Because I love her. (DUH) You don't think things out when as strong an emotion as love is in the equation; you do, and think later.

Okay... I go with his answer... although the idea that tens seconds afterward you'd have to deal with being shot at by a police officer...

hmm... big dog pushes girl out of way, then runs off. Duh... why didn't i think of that? Everyone would probably assume it was a dog or something...

Sorry about wanting to be specific; i just thought it would make it easier to answer, not harder. Sorry.

Oha nd one last thing: on trying to please everyone, i have a very simple solution: DON'T. If you just wanted an answer as simple as yes or no, just tell me. I misconstrude it, and i apologize for that. Trying to please everyone will get you no where and with a massive headache. Trust me.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
ledrif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ledrif »

:(
but that's how I am It's somehow compulsive I can't see pepole mad with me if I can do something about it
and well an dog that pushed a woman to save her would be something like that cat story on China wouldn't it taht one that says that a cat waved to a woman to get her out of the way of a thunder I don't exactly know much about the story tough so I may be telling it wrong :lol:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I would A: I would just run at her at super human speed and stop the car dead on with my palm and hold her in my arm like Edward did in Twilight right in front of everyone. :lol:

B: Throw a big rock at her head and hopefully she becomes unconscious and not cross the road. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

I would run towards her in a slow-motion sequence with my shirt inexplicably unbuttoned and flapping behind me and the sunlight glinting off my chisled abs and rock-hard pecs. Unfortunately I wouldn't reach her in time and I would fall to my knees and throw my hands up in the air, swearing vengence against this cruel and unforgiving world. I would spend the next six years mourning, and consequently publish a bestselling book of poetry. Then I'd find the driver and eat him.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Wingman, you almost made me fall off my chair laughing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

RedEye wrote:Wingman, you almost made me fall off my chair laughing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you, I'll be here all week.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Haha that is a brilliant piece of work you have there my friend. For that you get a cake. :cake:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image