The place for anything at all...
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Being Frank
Mood: Relief

Re: Divergent and Convergent Insight

Post by Defensorem Lupus »

Scott Gardener wrote:Free will: a conscious being has the ability to decide for itself what it wants to be. I say we expand on that, directing our evolution towards greater freedom of identity.

In 2010, that means kicking the religious establishment out of the way of homosexual and bisexual civil rights, recognizing transgenders as people struggling to overcome a problem rather than just weird, and acknowledging minority religions like Wicca as legitimate, and not reasons to take away children from parents or fire people from work.

It also means getting over our notion of human superiority and recognizing that a legitimately "superior" being doesn't die so easily from cancer, stupid habits, or old age. It means fixing problems like chronic pain or paralyzing diseases like Parkinson's or muscular dystrophy, relegating them to the history books forever. And, that means being a bit more brave about genetic engineering and cybernetics, and not assuming in our science fiction that these technology are hubris against God or a monster waiting to kill us off.
Hey Scott! Where have you been? That is exactly what I was also trying to get at. You could not put that any better! That is the inspiration and motivation I want to hear! Thank you very much for that. The next question is: When do you want to begin?
The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy.
He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared...
If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered.
They must be outshouted, out financed, and out voted.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Re: Divergent and Convergent Insight

Post by Scott Gardener »

I occur occasionally. I've mostly been working dreadfully long hours, taking much-needed vacations, and then working more long hours to pay off said vacations.

This month, I'm working on Nanowrimo--National Novel Writing Month.

I'll try to be here more, though.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...