JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Re: ACTA has been leaked

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I'm only going to have my say *after* ACTA SWAT teams raid my house and dismantle my harddrives.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I tried reading the thing, all 56 pages of legalese bullshit that it is. I wanted to stab myself by about page 5.

These people deserve a good kick in the balls. Well, if they HAD ANY. I don't consider spineless worms who resort to s*** like this and then have the gall to call other people criminals to even be remotely capable of having testicles.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Set wrote:I tried reading the thing, all 56 pages of legalese bullshit that it is. I wanted to stab myself by about page 5.

These people deserve a good kick in the balls. Well, if they HAD ANY. I don't consider spineless worms who resort to s*** like this and then have the gall to call other people criminals to even be remotely capable of having testicles.
I don't know how it is in Japan, but I'm pretty sure that its against the law to gather and publicly post information and screenshots from personal computers and I don't see how they can get away with crap like that. If I was in that kind of position, I would most likely sue those people. They might say that I'm a criminal and that I have nothing to build a case on, but its practically the same as somebody searching through your house without a search warrant.

Edit: I just read the article on the Dutch Wikipedia and it says this:

On March 15, 2010 the Ministers of Economic Affairs and Justice write a letter to ACTA. The Ministers reaffirm that ACTA can not go further than current EU rules, and no prejudice to the guidelines relating to privacy [18] nor those of the telecoms package [19]. Three strikes legislation is unacceptable because the EU directives do not limit Internet access permit, failure to comply with the following minimum requirements:
There is an impartial adversarial proceeding.
The right to an effective appeal to a court must be assured.
The measure must be appropriate and proportionate within a democratic society.

(Rough translation through Google Translate)
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Morkulv wrote:I don't know how it is in Japan, but I'm pretty sure that its against the law to gather and publicly post information and screenshots from personal computers and I don't see how they can get away with crap like that.
It sure as hell is illegal here, at any rate. Not sure about Japan.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Morkulv wrote:They might say that I'm a criminal and that I have nothing to build a case on, but its practically the same as somebody searching through your house without a search warrant.
Actually, you could totally pull it off in America.

There's that infamous case of the burgular who sued the person he was robbing because the stairs broke and injured him. And won.
heartlessfang
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I'm a manga artist/comic artist/writer. I've taken martial arts for about 11 years. Never played any of the Werewolf card games.
Mood: RAR!

Post by heartlessfang »

^ or the old lady who used a microwave to dry her cat, and the cat died. So she sued the makers for not putting a "do not microwave cats" warning on the microwave and won XD
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

heartlessfang wrote:^ or the old lady who used a microwave to dry her cat, and the cat died. So she sued the makers for not putting a "do not microwave cats" warning on the microwave and won XD
Oh dear god. Did she really? :o

Is there anywhere I can move to that doesn't entertain this sort of f***? Mars, perhaps?
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Nope. That's humanity for you; there are thinkers and there are schemers...and then there are lawyers.
You can't get away from any of them.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Welcome to trigger happy law suiting world of people!
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sebiale »

I am greatly disturbed...
I doubt this stuff will be able to pass in the US, or at least I hope not, but, still, most of the pirating acts more like free advertisement than anything else. I buy most of the manga I read. Movies and the like are too much trouble to stream/download on my connection.
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

I was going back and forth between "This is a relatively old topic" and "It's still on the first page", so...

Have some more news about ACTA:
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/10/06/02/ ... erail-ACTA

It's not about piracy, but medicine.
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sebiale »

Go, go, anti-ACTA movement! :howl:  :oo
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.