The current generation of werewolf fans.

The place for anything at all...
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

The current generation of werewolf fans.

Post by Berserker »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q77sJT8O56E

Be afraid.

Combine internet culture (furry, therianism) with teenage culture (goth, emo) and blend it with Twilight, and this is what we get.

The best quote? "Gangs are poseurs, they just want attention."

(Oh yeah, and if that kid actually did kidnap and kill that dog to get its skull, just shoot him. Waste of oxygen.)
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Re: The current generation of werewolf fans.

Post by PariahPoet »

She didn't kill the dog. She found it dead. Still pretty screwed up, but a big difference.

I say if it makes them happy, why not? Being a teenager sucks. I would have enjoyed a group like that had it existed when I was younger.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Wow... all I can say is... wow...
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

*yawn*

Wake me up when a Lon Cheney poser steals from his grave.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

OMFG he calls himself Lupus? What an original name, I've never heard of it before! :o
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

:cry: I. . . I couldn't watch the whole thing it was so depressing. Though it sounds like they're basically just the vampire clique from South Park. . . Only using werewolves as the term because they want to be even more exclusive. They say their not emo, but you know what? Bull. That's exactly what it is: it's emo with a tail stapled to its rear.

"We're not to be feared. . ."

I would lo-o-o-o-o-ove to meet the guy that was actually afraid of these idiots. Though on the plus side, these people will pave the road for furry acceptance. . . By making the furries seem sane by comparison I mean.
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

....that was so bad it made my teeth hurt.

I got a grand total of 30 seconds into that before I had to close the tab *headdesks*.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

The horror of it all is that they sound...sincere... :cry:

Either that, or somebody is having a lot of laughs.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I really don't see why anyone cares. Just another sub-culture.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I'm gonna give it a few weeks before they hop to a different trend.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Morkulv wrote:I'm gonna give it a few weeks before they hop to a different trend.
Or more accurately, before they invent a new one.

That's basically what this is: it's the emos getting all. . . emo over the previous artificial identity / subculture they created and moving on to a new one. First they were "rebels," then "punk rockers," then "freaks," then "goths," then "wiccans," then "emos," then "vampires," and now "werewolves" (and for all I know, there could be "zombies" somewhere in there too).

Of course, most if not all of those subcultures are still around, mostly because the people who, you know, really did identify with such stuck around and kept it going. But the dumb angsty teens kept deciding they didn't want used labels and kept inventing new labels for themselves.

That's all it is: it's an announcement to the world that they have an identity and eff you for not sharing it with them. Really, even the furriest of the furries that I know have never howled out loud in public like that.

Still, if vampires could remain cool even after finding the Count from Sesame Street in their ranks, I have no doubt that werewolves will sustain long after these morons are done with them.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

How long until they go "emo clown"?
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

kitetsu wrote:How long until they go "emo clown"?
As soon as Stephenie Meyer's writes a series of novels about a clown romance. :lol:
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

There are so many subcultures. Because humans want to escape the boring mundane reality and society that is people themselves. So, it is actually a escapist society. As many have explained here, all those subcultures can be weird, strange, creepy, not normal (there is such thing as normality anymore), and sometimes filled with sexual fantasies. I think Twilight and the current generation of 'Vampire' and 'Werewolf' fans are mostly teens and young adults nowadays. They may ruined or improved the werewolf genre. Werewolves are still monsters, but they don't always have to be bloodthirsty, human eating, and monstrous creatures often killing innocent humans and eat them. Like in most pop genre horror movies and novels of werewolves.

After skipping some scenes on that video on YouTube. I see Gothics enjoying being as werewolves or wants to be like werewolves. Don't you guys act like too when you were young, but minus the Gothic subculture. Gothic Subculture is now mixed with Werewolf culture only in the minority of the subculture society. Because of wolves, furries, shapeshifters, and twilight in the mixed which cause many teens to go into that craze that we see now. :roll:
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
xxxwildwolfgirlxxx
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by xxxwildwolfgirlxxx »

but what happens if they chose to except us and this becomes a regular thing and these kid show werewolves arent bad we could have a chance to be excepted and not have to hide anymore ??
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I find it interestingly reassuring, that maybe therianthropy is an integral part of the human subconscious and not merely a fringe notion. Granted, some might be there simply to get a sense of belonging--but some of it looks pretty heart-felt. To those of you who must mock it, why are you hanging out here on The Pack?
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Scott Gardener wrote:I find it interestingly reassuring, that maybe therianthropy is an integral part of the human subconscious and not merely a fringe notion. Granted, some might be there simply to get a sense of belonging--but some of it looks pretty heart-felt. To those of you who must mock it, why are you hanging out here on The Pack?
I dunno Jon... I don't see any of those folks being heartfelt about being a "werewolf". When I see goth make up, literally tons of hangy jewelry, and OMG... a wacked out sword, it doesn't speak traditional werewolf to me, even by Native American standards. The fact is, what does all of that have to do with having an inner wolf. This is why I don't buy their charade, because that is all it is. What they are doing has less to do with being a wolf amongst men, and more to do with..."Look at me! I wanna be seen!" They may argue against that insite, but all you have to do is look at them. They're behavior is totally opposite that of a wolf.

My sister was caught up in such a "pack" and all they literally did was gripe about "normal" people and smoke pot, among other things. Call it what you want, but I don't think these folks are a positive rep for therianthropy.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

alphanubilus wrote:
Scott Gardener wrote:I find it interestingly reassuring, that maybe therianthropy is an integral part of the human subconscious and not merely a fringe notion. Granted, some might be there simply to get a sense of belonging--but some of it looks pretty heart-felt. To those of you who must mock it, why are you hanging out here on The Pack?
I dunno Jon... I don't see any of those folks being heartfelt about being a "werewolf". When I see goth make up, literally tons of hangy jewelry, and OMG... a wacked out sword, it doesn't speak traditional werewolf to me, even by Native American standards. The fact is, what does all of that have to do with having an inner wolf. This is why I don't buy their charade, because that is all it is. What they are doing has less to do with being a wolf amongst men, and more to do with..."Look at me! I wanna be seen!" They may argue against that insite, but all you have to do is look at them. They're behavior is totally opposite that of a wolf.

My sister was caught up in such a "pack" and all they literally did was gripe about "normal" people and smoke pot, among other things. Call it what you want, but I don't think these folks are a positive rep for therianthropy.

No, but it does make up a "Nietschze-wannabe" cynical sub-minority of therianthropy.

Also, obligatory "what exactly is "traditional"? I damn hope it's not "endemic to native america only, with every ethnicity right down to the Ainu people being dressed up with Sioux outfits"" line.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

kitetsu wrote:No, but it does make up a "Nietschze-wannabe" cynical sub-minority of therianthropy.

Also, obligatory "what exactly is "traditional"? I damn hope it's not "endemic to native america only, with every ethnicity right down to the Ainu people being dressed up with Sioux outfits"" line.
What I mean by traditional is basing one's concepts and beliefs by actual lore, not RPGs and film. I run with folks that have been in the lore long before it was trendy or cool. I was practically raised on it, due to my father's extreme interest in the subject matter. When I see a bunch of people playing dress up with twisty swords, it doesn't scream werewolf to me, but RPG.

While I'm not the biggest advocate of Therianthropy, even I wouldn't place these people within their ranks, as most of the "therians" I know, have actually studied werewolf lore far beyond that of Hollywood. To associate these individuals with the real lore, would be liking dousing yourself with glitter and then calling yourself a vampire.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote:To those of you who must mock it, why are you hanging out here on The Pack?
Because I want to see Freeborn?
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Because unlike those pretentious teens there who seem to be tacking things on for no reason, most regulars here, me included, have been stressing the depth of their definitions of what makes a tribal headress-wearing moon hugger meaningful. I'm sure I'm not the only one who absolutely do not appreciate hollowness in this subject.
What I mean by traditional is basing one's concepts and beliefs by actual lore, not RPGs and film. I run with folks that have been in the lore long before it was trendy or cool. I was practically raised on it, due to my father's extreme interest in the subject matter. When I see a bunch of people playing dress up with twisty swords, it doesn't scream werewolf to me, but RPG.
Okay.

I'm just extremely weary that these kinds of folks are closeted Red Talons at heart ("NO HUMAN INVENTIONS!! Yes, Dungtail, chairs too.").
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

kitetsu wrote:How long until they go "emo clown"?
Sadly, they already have. I neglected to mention "Juggalos" in there.
alphanubilus wrote:
Because A) I like werewolves and werewolf lore, B) I think a halfway decent movie about werewolves is long overdue, and C) this forum was initially founded by a guy who was going to try and make one.

Please, please, puh-lease don't try to compare us to them. I've never seen anyone here howl while they were waiting for the bus.

No matter how you look at it, this is just another artificial subculture. They're different and they want everyone to know it.

I would even dare say that I suspect they want to be hated for being different. Pretty much every rebel/goth/emo subgroup before them has had a sort of "I don't know you, but I know I hate you" undertone to everything they did. Really, what other reason could there be behind the dead dog's head? Nothing -- it was purely to piss people off.
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

xxxwildwolfgirlxxx wrote:but what happens if they chose to except us and this becomes a regular thing and these kid show werewolves arent bad we could have a chance to be excepted and not have to hide anymore ??
let me guess, your a werewolf?

i was actually gonna stay out of this topic but after reading some of it i felt the need to voice my own opinion.
Terastas wrote: I would even dare say that I suspect they want to be hated for being different. Pretty much every rebel/goth/emo subgroup before them has had a sort of "I don't know you, but I know I hate you" undertone to everything they did. Really, what other reason could there be behind the dead dog's head? Nothing -- it was purely to piss people off.
i dont think they want to be hated.although i do think they enjoy the attention.when i was young i was part of a semi-punk crowd and even though i had pink dreds and wore doc martins it was more than just how we dressed.it was more of a state of mind and belief system if you will.it was about living your life how you saw fit and not letting anyone including the "man" tell you how you were goin to accomplish this.within the group you had like minded people.we didnt pretend to be something we were not,our goal was to be the best we could be and show those who frowned upon our style of dress that even though we chose not to conform to the "normal" if you will, that we could excel in any anything we wanted to.
that is something i see missing with these kids.yes, they want people to except them for who they are regardless of how they dress but theres no real purpose behind them.what i see is a bunch of kids indulging in fantasy.you cant be taking a stand for werewolves when they dont exist.
but i also have to say, let them have their group regardless how ridiculous we may think it is.some kids need that and is one of the main reasons groups like this form.when your young sometimes all you need is a place where you can feel as if you belong.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Sevena wrote:i dont think they want to be hated.although i do think they enjoy the attention.
True. The old "they love any kind of attention" routine. Still, I think they've just about given up on ever receiving positive attention, so now more like they want to be justified in hating everyone else.

It's basically reverse logic: they hate you because, because. . . I don't know, because you never cried blood for them every time they had a mediocre day or some crap. But basically the current behavior is just a cause to get you and all the other "mundanes" out there to hate them so that the feeling can be mutual instead of one-sided and undeserved.

Basically, the clique these kids really belong to is the "rejects," best defined by their alienation from, and subsequent hatred of, the presumed "popular" cliques. Some people (like myself, and (I hope) many others here at the Pack) eventually come to the conclusion that the cliques are a big fat waste of time and stop thinking about them completely. Others, in spite of having never said nor done anything to warrant their inclusion in said cliques, feel that they were entitled to inclusion regardless and choose instead to stew over the fact that it was never given to them.

In other words, they're all a bunch of Meg Griffins.

It's also a not-so-subtle hint that they have a "two person universe" mentality (IE: where they believe there are only two people in the universe: "myself" and "all of them"), therefore any offense to them (real or imagined) by one person is perceived as an offense from "all of them." That "two person universe" mentality often comes with the classic "I am the center of the universe" mentality, which is a common symptom of both drama queens and spoiled little shiznydums.

So that's it: they hate you because you're "all of them," and "all of them" committed "unpardonable atrocities" against "myself." So even though they don't know you, they're committed to hating you, both because you're "mundane," and because you're "all of them." But evidently just being weird didn't have the desired results. Hence the "I just killed a stray dog and I say farkenwangle you!!!1" malarkey.

Mindless self-indulgence of the malignant narcissists, in other words. Like a Sesame Street version of the Columbine kids.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I really, really don't see the issue. They're just doing what the young do - hell, like the doc said. Just finding a group to identify with and establish a self-identity. It's all dumb fun.

No need to really look into it any further than that.