JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Re: Is this forum DEAD yet?

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

If you see a 404 that goes on for more than a year, then yes.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Yes.

We're all really ghosts, you see...
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

There's a ghost in me, wants to say I'm sorry, doesn't mean I'm sorry...

I do sort of have to agree with you, this isn't really a discussion board any more, it's become a notification service. Someone posts when they create some new artwork, or write another chapter, or see something interesting, but that largely seems to be it.
Not really anything that couldn't be replicated by signing up to get an email when someone posts some new art, or updates their website, or whatever.
However, I feel that the Pack does still serve a purpose. So many of the members here would have no tangible way of knowing what everyone else is up to, and it brings together all the separate posts into a single location.

Now, I can think of several ways to attempt to breathe some life into the old lady, such as us brainstorming a separate film, writing novelization, scrips, creating characters, and doing artwork for it, maybe even eventually bumrushing a studio to get it produced. But it's unlikely something like that would happen without a person to rally around, and most of us are too busy with our own stuff for it. I'd love to help with something like that, but I'm incapable of garnering that much response from people without sabotaging it by thinking of the negative as well as the positive, as my experience has taught me, and I doubt anyone else will step up.
That way, we could potentially have multiple ideas fleshed out and ready to go, rather than the...two separate film ideas that have more than a snowflake's chance of ever even crossing a publisher's desk. Even a single Pack Project would get the site moving again, and then when there's actually some traffic coming through, individual projects would start getting more attention. With some organization we could have people seeing something of ours and knowing that it has thought, and development, and passion in it. I'm absolutely certain we could do it, as we've got enough people talented in enough areas that we could pool together and cover all the bases.
If anyone's interested, I'm more than happy to help.

In short, we are a ship with no captain. No one knows which direction we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing,
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

This forum has been dead for a long time now.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Morkulv wrote:This forum has been dead for a long time now.
You're dead!
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

:scream:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

This forum is undead? >_>
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

This forum is indeed dead. Dead tired of all the threads made by people who do nothing but complain that the forum is dead. :P
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Morkulv wrote:This forum has been dead for a long time now.
You're dead!
Oh god it's the Sixth Sense all over again. :(

( :P )
Flatline
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: More to me than what your eye sees
Additional Details: Gender on profile no longer specified. Reason: There is no genderqueer option.
Mood: Happy

Post by Flatline »

obviosly he does not get his wish as this forum is still alive.

so there!
Friendship is a precious thing.... Until it is abused and you are rendered unloved. Few remain at my side, one of them is the most compassionate man I have ever met. I love you silver1, thank you for being at my side when i need you the most. I will try, if only for you.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I was writing a theory report on how martial arts competitions for zoanthropes would be like. Scrapped it because it got too confusing.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

I'm not dead. 8)

Though the movie probably is. :P
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

No, Matt; the forum is quite alive and well. Good to hear from you, though.

As for the movie being dead, possibly. I mean that in this way: The motion picture "Freeborn" is in limbo, since it is a copyrighted story and cannot die for (I believe) 17 years, and Anthony Brownrigg owns the copyright.

The idea though? Of intelligent werewolves hidden in society, staying out of the public sight and only seeking to be themselves without fear of the smooth skinned majority?
That will never die, since it touches on so many parts of modern life. One of these days A MOTION PICTURE will be made that embraces the ideas in Freeborn. Some flicks have come close. Eventually it will happen; it's too marketable an idea not to sell... eventually.

And we'll still be here, most likely. :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I don't WANT this forum to be dead. Yeesh.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

The Holy Requisition finds you guilty of heresy! And you and your descendants must be cleansed in blood!
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Shadow Wulf wrote:The Holy Requisition finds you guilty of heresy! And you and your descendants must be cleansed in blood!
Hmmm... Something tells me most of what is considered holy would find all of us guilty and burn us at the stake...
... then again, who doesn't like a good barbecue? :P

Um... as long as there are people who log in to look around, i doubt this board will ever die. Just be brought back as a vampire discussion board. :lol:
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

No, this forum is still alive. It's still being supported. But there is some 'lack of interest' as of late.

Freeborn will never made or released and most independent werewolf scripts get rejected in Mainstream Hollywood!
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

MattSullivan wrote:I don't WANT this forum to be dead. Yeesh.
So write to us a bit more. Some of us miss your comments and your decidedly different view of things.
While the original concept of the board "Let's make a werewolf that the Audience can relate to" is long dead and gone, the interest it stirred up is still going strong enough to keep the board alive.
Who knows, maybe someday the Werewolf concept developed here will make it to the silver screen, or more likely to a silver box with a screen...still I get the sense it may well happen.
So anyhow; don't be a stranger here, ok?
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

RedEye wrote:
MattSullivan wrote:I don't WANT this forum to be dead. Yeesh.
So write to us a bit more. Some of us miss your comments and your decidedly different view of things.
While the original concept of the board "Let's make a werewolf that the Audience can relate to" is long dead and gone, the interest it stirred up is still going strong enough to keep the board alive.
Who knows, maybe someday the Werewolf concept developed here will make it to the silver screen, or more likely to a silver box with a screen...still I get the sense it may well happen.
So anyhow; don't be a stranger here, ok?
There is no fun in taking the time to write a post when there is nobody to read it, I experience this for myself as well on this board.

Most people don't even bother checking out some of the other sections for weeks, and only post in a few specific topics. I can definately understand that somebody feels like there is little interest and motivation left on this board even if that isn't exactly the case.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

How dare you, I read everyones post! (Not really). I just refuse to reply to it half the time. :D

Anyway I think everyone has moved on to something else to some degree if not all together. I am struggling to respond here but at least it's better than not post at all like I did earlier this year. Part of my problem is that there really isn't a whole lot of topic that I am interested in replying to. The topics I would probably respond to the most at this moment is Movies and Games. Another is that I have been mostly addicted to IM as my means to communicate to pack members rather than the forum, I am gonna try to cut my time off chat due to it eating up a lot of my time.
Image Image
Sharfan
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mood: Depressed

Post by Sharfan »

Hey, hey. . . it's not completely my fault. My internet's been down for a couple of weeks, so I'm spending my time catching up. I normally come here almost every day, and read on any forum that is updated or looks interesting. I just don't post when I have nothing to say. But, if I wanna say something, I'll post in any forum, no matter how old.

But, yeah. I really don't want this place to die. I'm just a new addition, however, so my opinion doesn't hold as much weight as many people on here. Well, that, plus the fact that half the time I don't know what I'm talking about. . . yeah, that might probably be part of it.

I guess I'll try to post more, and, when I do, I'll try make it make sense. Probably unsuccessfully, but still. . .
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Sharfan wrote:Hey, hey. . . it's not completely my fault. My internet's been down for a couple of weeks, so I'm spending my time catching up. I normally come here almost every day, and read on any forum that is updated or looks interesting. I just don't post when I have nothing to say. But, if I wanna say something, I'll post in any forum, no matter how old.

But, yeah. I really don't want this place to die. I'm just a new addition, however, so my opinion doesn't hold as much weight as many people on here. Well, that, plus the fact that half the time I don't know what I'm talking about. . . yeah, that might probably be part of it.

I guess I'll try to post more, and, when I do, I'll try make it make sense. Probably unsuccessfully, but still. . .
This post was made on: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:05 am.

This kinda proves that this forum is sorta dead.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Compared to some forums I'm on, this place is a beehive of activity. We have slowed down, to be sure, but we'll speed up when the next werewolf movie is released.

In a way, what's happened is that this forum has matured. We share ideas and don't get upset if there is a two week break between posts...because we now realize that there is this thing called Real Life out there which has moved in and taken over our spare time.

Is this forum dead? No.
Is it grown up? Yep... :|
FoxKnight
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Account in stasis

Post by FoxKnight »

I'm just a pup here so I guess I can help make this place vibrant again somehow. I did it with a guild on GaiaOnline so I guess a more matured forum wouldn't be too much of a stretch ^-^