GOG closing?.....

The place for anything at all...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

GOG closing?.....

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Or is this some sort of publicity stunt?
For those of you who don't know what "GOG" is, it stands for Good Old Games and it's a digital distribution for classic games that we all loved to played when we were younger. The best thing about this site is that it has NO DRM, you buy a game you keep it and are free to share it with your friends. But lately GOGhas been taking down with some messages that gives up brief updates that doesn't exactly tells us whats going on. The owners of the site has mentioned that piracy and Publishers are pressuring them to put some form of DRM on the games when they found out that their old games are actually still being bought. So we will see what will happen with them in the following days.

PS: I was still hoping for them to release System Shock 1 and 2. :(
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Re: GOG closing?.....

Post by Sebiale »

I saw this, but I didn't say anything cause I didn't think anyone else would know.
I've bought a few from them. I'm sad to see them gone, but I'm relatively certain that with enough success CD Projekt will re-open it, or something similar. Fingers crossed for Witcher 2.
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Actually, I have some great news. They didn't close! http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/
It was just a bad PR stunt on their half but it was just trying gather attention for their new look, they are out of their beta for their service. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Sebiale »

-_-
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.