Knut the polar bear is dead.

The place for anything at all...
fredriksam
Legendary
Legendary

Knut the polar bear is dead.

Post by fredriksam »

This is extremly sad news. In 2010 me and my dad was in Berlin and visited the Berlin zoo. There we saw the very famous polar bear Knut. Less than a year later, Knut is dead. Knut was having an epiliptic seizure and dropped into the water and drowned. About 600 people was in the zoo watching what happened.

Theres a video floating around Youtube which shows his last minute. I will not link it here because its so sad and horrible video. I really love polar bears.

R.I.P Dear Knut.
Oh what a funny werewolf i am. come joining the eating party...
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Knut the polar bear is dead.

Post by alphanubilus »

That is sad. I saw it on the news... What makes me even more angry is that horrid group Peta, laying claim that the bear was driven mad due to being in a zoo. I sincerely despise PETA, as most of their members are mentally unstable themselves and have crackpot ideals about setting all domesticated animals and captive animals free. Ugh...

As for what happened... They are saying he had some sort of brain defect. It makes since. I once had a chocolate lab that dropped dead from a brain anurism. She was only 2-years old and she was my darling. It was so sudden that it took a few hours to sink in. I went from playing ball, hugging her goodnight, to buring her all within 2 hours. ugh... it still hurts and that was years ago!

So I know how horrible it must be for all of those people who loved Knut (pronouned Ka Noot).
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

alphanubilus wrote:I sincerely despise PETA, as most of their members are mentally unstable themselves
Well, I wouldn't go quite that far. In any group you're going to get whackos. When you're talking about groups that are into protest edgeing into civil disobediance at times, that proportion is going to generally be greater. It's sort of like comparing everyone who thinks whales should be protected to those idiots on Whale Wars. PETA has some real whack-jobs, but animal cruelty is a pretty big problem. The people in PETA tend to think that the best way to deal with that problem is to draw as much attention to it as possible (as opposed to groups like ASPCA who are more into practical solutions in the real world). The problem with PETA is they have the publicity-stunt-happy-attention-w**** segment, which makes the rest of them look like lunatics.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Just saw the video. It looks like a real epileptic seizure to me. Its sad that this couldn't be prevented though.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.