Awesome Underworld Awakening Lycan CG Demo video!

The place for anything at all...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Awesome Underworld Awakening Lycan CG Demo video!

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I just found this awesome video on the web that shows a lot of the CG scenes of the lycans in Underworld Awakening including the amazing uber lycan.

Warning: Contains some spoilers. If you haven't seen the movie and want to watch it then I suggest you don't look at this.
http://vimeo.com/35389458
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Re: Awesome Underworld Awakening Lycan CG Demo video!

Post by Fullmoonstar »

The effects are pretty nice ideed. There are some cool shots in this short reel. It kinda makes me want to watch this movie. But I will have to wait until the next week or weekend for it.
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

There really is some split opinions on this movie between the people who don't like and those who do. I enjoyed it, felt it was better than the second one but I hope in the sequel they will have Selene pitted against more humans.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fullmoonstar »

Shadow Wulf wrote:There really is some split opinions on this movie between the people who don't like and those who do. I enjoyed it, felt it was better than the second one but I hope in the sequel they will have Selene pitted against more humans.
I see what you mean. But in my point of view, you should always build up your own opinion by checking out what you want to judge first. You should at least give all the things a chance, even if somebody says that it is not good, you can only say what you think about it, after you have seen it yourself :wink: So I will give this movie a chance too.
Last edited by Fullmoonstar on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Fullmoonstar wrote: I see what you mean. But in my point of view, you should always build up your own opinion by checking out what you want to judge first. You should at least give all the things a chance, even if somebody says that it is not good, you can only say what you think about it, after you have seen it yourself :wink:
If this was Facebook I would "Like" that comment. :lol:
Image Image
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fullmoonstar »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Fullmoonstar wrote: I see what you mean. But in my point of view, you should always build up your own opinion by checking out what you want to judge first. You should at least give all the things a chance, even if somebody says that it is not good, you can only say what you think about it, after you have seen it yourself :wink:
If this was Facebook I would "Like" that comment. :lol:
But this is not facebook... I appreciate the pseodo-like nonetheless :D
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

(Did they REALLY have to choose that song? Awful! lol)

The skinny emaciated look isn't up my alley, but the more robust werewolf they showed closer to the end of the video was sweet. Now, if that puppy just had a little bit more fur (thicken out the mane and the dorsal stripe), he'd be rocking.
8)

I have a feeling some members might complain about the overall design, but honestly, I don't find the (more robust) lycan unflattering, and the graphics are great nonetheless. I have to give approval to any CGI werewolf that is actually DISPLAYED in a movie. A lot of movies makes getting a good look at a werewolf pretty much as frustrating as it is loading a picture that only makes it a quarter down the screen before it stops....
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

The real skinny ones they show in the video are lycans that have been starving and living underground. Every other lycan has more meat on them and a little more muscular as well as more hair. But I am glad you liked the uber lycan, I thought he looked amazing! :love:
Image Image