Another werwwolf movie in the works.

The place for anything at all...
Shysf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Another werwwolf movie in the works.

Post by Shysf »

The makers of The Devil Inside is planning on making a found footage werewolf movie called WER. http://www.screendaily.com/news/product ... 45.article
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Another werwwolf movie in the works.

Post by Uniform Two Six »

I should probably take this opportunity to make some generic negative comments, especially since all of the other Blair Witch knock-offs suggest that this thing will suck too -- still... I hate to admit it, but for a horror werewolf movie, the home-movie POV style might actually work, although it would need to be done very well. Otherwise it'll be just another (How did AB put it?) "creature feature", only with crappier-than-normal production values, and motion-sickness inducing camera work. Hopefully it won't have a female lead who spends ten minutes looking directly into the camera, slightly out of focus, and with snot dripping out of her nose, moaning "I'm so scared" (If their lead has to verbally tell the audience what her emotional state is, they're doing it wrong).
:roll:
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

Agreed. It would require a bit of work to keep it from becoming just another clone of the BWP. It could be done, but would require a bit more forethought into the scenes.
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Shysf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Shysf »

Personally I hated the Blair Witch Project. It was dull. The only scary part was all the swearing. I did like the Syfy Curse of the Blair Witch and Cloverfield. Other good ones were to me Voyage to the Planets, Special Bulletin. Paranormal Activity was okay but not like Cloverfield.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

I've heard of this project.

Whether or not it has merrit will of course depend on who they cast in it, and how good the make up is, and well.. the story is kind of obvious. BUT.

I DO wish them the best with it, and hope it's howling good! :D It takes balls to make a film i've found, anyone willing to try has got my full 'go get em' attitude.

AB

ps. im saying it takes balls to make a film, not that I FOUND someones balls and now I can make a film. Big distinction there, and one I wanted to point out.

hwlwnk
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Hmmmm....is it a werewolf film?

Now.....read THIS article.
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1228690 ... _film.html

It says this......
The name and the Romanian location have led some to assume that Wer will be about werewolves (Wer being short for werewolf – though we’re sure you’ve already worked that out).

"Wer" is "who" in German...right?

Since the 1st article says......
Plot details are being kept under wraps on the project,

........there is no telling what this film is about just yet.
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

That's right Mr. Fig. "Wer"is the german word for "who". Well we could think about the subtitle "the devil inside" but this could also mean everything else. Maybe it will be Werewolf-movie...but we do not know that for sure.
I have never heared of this project so far but I will give it a chance too. Maybe it is better than we all thought it could be. If it's damn bad, we can talk about it after we have seen it :wink:
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

So we have no idea if it's a werewolf movie or not and it will be filmed with a hand camera. Hmm, I think I might skip out on this unless someone tells me otherwise. I usually like the mockumentary's that blends with cinematic clips and special effects such as Cloverfield and District 9. I thought Cloverfield was especially well done and I didn't get any motion sickness at all while watching it, they kept the cameras pretty still when not moving. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Shysf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Shysf »

Wer movie update. The special effects group picked to do the effects for Wer will be Almost Human. They also did the effects for other movies by Bell and Peterman. http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/53848/ ... most-human I am a little concerned how good their digital effects will be. I see more make ups on their site than anything. I was hoping for video footage of a human to wolf without a cut.
Also A. J. Cook is signed to star in the film. http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/53985/ ... -flick-wer
Shysf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Shysf »

Here is a more thorough article: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/28879
Shysf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

speculations on Wer

Post by Shysf »

Well more actors have been cast for Wer. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2229511/fullcredits#cast and some articles have some details: http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=33552 So here is my current Wer story theory. Since it sounds a bit like the beginning of Devil Inside I think they will change it slightly. Talan Gwynek is found with the naked dead bodies of the Porter family (Henry, Claire, and perhaps a child). Talan is adamant that he was attacked by a group of animals that he shot and is at a loss as to why there are dead people where he shot animals. The police hold Talan. Because the Porters were American an American attorney is called in (Kate Moore). Talan infects her with the werewolf curse and others to build his pack. (Perhaps he is doing it unconsciously like in the movie Bad Moon or semi consciously). The werewolf can go from full wolf to a walking wolf hybrid like the legend of the Michigan Dog Man http://photo.goodreads.com/books/130224 ... 194375.jpg or the beast of Bray Road http://fringeparanormal.files.wordpress ... ray-rd.jpg Talan turns inside an isolation room with a window. He bursts through the window attacking the guards and attorneys. They turn into wolves at his howl. At the end the infected persons turn into wolves and run out into the wilderness. Movie ends like Paranormal Activity or Devil inside. It feels incomplete.
Shysf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

about wer

Post by Shysf »

Well there is some news about Wer. It is no longer set in Romania but Paris France> It still is being filmed in Romania though I guess. http://www.thewrap.com/deal-central/art ... -wer-38161 How Romania becomes Paris France I don't know.
It is also more a documentary style than found footage. http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... r-20120429 I kind of like the documentary style though I fear I will not see a human becoming a wolf. Just wild.
Fenris Lupa
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Fenris Lupa
Mood: Meh...

Post by Fenris Lupa »

Yeah I remember reading about this sometime ago. And like everyone is saying, it has the potential to be either real good, or real bad. So lets keep our paws crossed and see how it turns out.
Never do anything as a Wolf you wouldn't do as a man...if you have a good heart...you'll be a good dog
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Besides the fact that The Devil Inside sucks, "Wer" is seriously the most retarded name for a movie about werewolves.

Whats next? A vampire-movie called "Vamp"?
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Morkulv wrote:Besides the fact that The Devil Inside sucks, "Wer" is seriously the most retarded name for a movie about werewolves.

Whats next? A vampire-movie called "Vamp"?
Considering the kind of things both fandoms have created and the kind of things filmmakers think would be good for both fandoms, I would be even more surprised if no one made an ultra-serious, ultra-gory, ultra-trying-too-hard-to-be-horror werewolf movie with a laughably stupider title like "Bonelickers".
Shysf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Shysf »

When I first heard about a found footage werewolf movie I thought a title like Lycanthrope or Lycanthrope File might work. After I heard of Wer and some of the explanations I think it may be inspired. It has multiple layers of possible meanings. Wer could be written in a scrawl of blood as if someone was trying to write out werewolf and was attacked as they tried to write it. Wer in German is who. The title could be a question as to who are you inside. Also Wer could be a contraction of words or a phrase. Wer to me could mean we are werewolves now. That would fit in with my idea that the Talan character infects people in prison to be his pack.
Shysf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Shysf »

According to a post on Wer's Imdb site http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2229511/boa ... /200419660 principle shooting is completed also there is a picture from the set posted on an actor's Imdb page.
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

I like this sort of film. Even if it's terrible, I can always laugh at the characters' dedication to filming over less important things like not being dead.
"Don't mind the blood here; welcome to the slaughterhouse!"
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I dislike the fact that most werewolf movies turn into a "who did it?" game sort of thing. Its like most writers can't come up with any consistent story other than having a werewolf, and letting the audience play a game of Cluedo to find out which person of the cast is the werewolf.

Also, if they keep going with the found footage genre, they shouldn't try too hard to convince the audience. That just ruins the immersion, IMO.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Shysf wrote:When I first heard about a found footage werewolf movie I thought a title like Lycanthrope or Lycanthrope File might work. After I heard of Wer and some of the explanations I think it may be inspired. It has multiple layers of possible meanings. Wer could be written in a scrawl of blood as if someone was trying to write out werewolf and was attacked as they tried to write it. Wer in German is who. The title could be a question as to who are you inside. Also Wer could be a contraction of words or a phrase. Wer to me could mean we are werewolves now. That would fit in with my idea that the Talan character infects people in prison to be his pack.
My first thought was that maybe "Wer" was what was written on the tape(s). Whoever was sorting them probably also had the dates they were recorded, locations visited and names of people interviewed on them as well, assuming the characters really were filming a documentary, so he probably would have just used a shorthand movie of the title.

The documentary most likely would have been untitled while they were filming, so the shorthand would have just been the first three letters of the subject: "Werwolf."