The place for anything at all...
LupusDream
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Winter
Additional Details: i am a lover, hater and a out cast

moon phases behavior

Post by LupusDream »

did you know that the moon has a big effect on people and there actions. for example when it is 2 to 3 days before a full moon i become mellow, my muscles begin to twitch, i start to have chocolate cravings don't ask why, during the night i become restless and it becomes harder to sleep, and for some strange reason i have the urge to bite some one or something and i learned that little sisters do not taste good at all, and the urge to have a piece of meat is even higher then it normally is, in other words i just want a stake on a full moon.

i just want to know what every ones symptoms are.
there was a time when wolf and man walked along side each other, but one day wolf and man would walked as one

http://LupusDream.deviantart.com/ <- my art :D
MechanicalHyena
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Am I a (wo)maaaaaan? Or am I a muppet?
Mood: RAR!

Re: moon phases behavior

Post by MechanicalHyena »

Biologically, the moon -does- have an effect on living creatures. Heck, with something strong enough to work with tides I would expect as much.

Anyway, I just mostly notice having too much jittery energy.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

The Bureau of Justice Statistics (part of the U.S. Department of Justice) has found that the volume of reported criminal acts in most jurisdictions peaks near the full moon (adjusting for all other influences) with a swing in some jurisdictions by as much as 11%.

(B.J.S. notes that the 11% is the absolute high end, and maintains that the swing in most jurisdictions is not statistically significant).
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

New moons and full moons often trigger an increase in birth rates. So my OB's told me, and warned me to keep an eye on how I was feeling. ;)

Women tend to start cycling together when they live together, and yes there is a reason for it to be called one's "moon time". ;) *chuckles*
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
FoxKnight
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Account in stasis
Mood: Indifferent

Post by FoxKnight »

When it gets around the full moon, I have the incredible urge to play Rock Band. My expert guitar skills are best on the full moon nights :3
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

If the moon can control the tides of the sea I'm certain it can affect a species that consist 70% of water, although it's only minor but it still affects something in how we behave. I can't think of a single thing I do differently on a full moon than any other time of the month, maybe I get more agitated and not even know it. It's true that the crime rate does peak at around the full moon, although I wonder if it's just because it's easier to see a night. :reflect:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Shadow Wulf wrote: It's true that the crime rate does peak at around the full moon, although I wonder if it's just because it's easier to see a night.
Actually, the going theory is that there may not actually be more crime on a full moon, but reporting increases because it's easier to see the bad guys. With all the artificial light in most places, I'm not sure I buy that, but who knows? *shrugs*
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

There may be something to it psychologically or through some other unknown factor, but the tide/gravity/we're-85%-water premise is flawed.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Scott Gardener wrote:There may be something to it psychologically or through some other unknown factor, but the tide/gravity/we're-85%-water premise is flawed.
Well it's just some theory that I seen thrown around, I never actually bothered to research on how the moon really affect us. But since that theory is somewhat absurd in itself I can easily agree with you that it is flawed.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
LupusDream
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Winter
Additional Details: i am a lover, hater and a out cast

Post by LupusDream »

i just leaned now that not only does the moon phase effect us but the color to. when the moon becomes more red or orange the more people start to do crazy things.
there was a time when wolf and man walked along side each other, but one day wolf and man would walked as one

http://LupusDream.deviantart.com/ <- my art :D