The place for anything at all...
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Re: Claiming Nationality/Ethnicity.

Post by Morkulv »

I care much more about a person's personality then their ancestral origin. I'm "part" German, but I don't view myself as a German because thats not where I'm from or where I live. I know somebody who lives here in the Netherlands who's parents are from Suriname, but he was born here in the Netherlands. However, he says he doesn't view himself as Dutch, even though he's never even been to Suriname,

Thats also what irks me when certain groups like islamic families only want their children to go to islamic schools. I personally think islamic schools, like any religion or ehtnic specific educational systems should be banned. Nót because I want to take away their freedom, but because in the long run it will improve our society if we all live and learn together. Thats what I think people in all society's and cultures should strife for.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

I agree, but the only real problem with that is that everyone has their own view point of what's right and what isn't. That's not a problem, per say, but it makes it difficult for people to accept someone else's ideas or religious views.

Sadly, as long as people aren't willing to accept each other, what you said won't be possible.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Fenris Lupa
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Fenris Lupa
Mood: Meh...

Post by Fenris Lupa »

Terastas wrote:That said, I will agree with you that there is a difference between saying "I'm Scottish" (which I am) and "I'm from Scotland" (which I am not).
This I agree with...it's all in how you say it.

Like me...my great grandmother and father are straight off the boat from Norway. But since I was born here, I have Norwegian, Swedish and Black Foot in me, I'm not from Norway and Sweden. But I'm damn proud of my Norwegian blood!!! :howl:  :oo

But I guess it really doesn't bother me how how people say it...what really bothers me is when people are consistently changing what nationality they are influenced by the people they are hanging out with at the time. :? Does anyone else know people like that?
Never do anything as a Wolf you wouldn't do as a man...if you have a good heart...you'll be a good dog