The Wolf Shrine - Werewolf Figure Collection (Update: 9/1)

The place for anything at all...
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Re: The Wolf Shrine - Werewolf Figure Collection (Update: 4/

Post by ShadowFang »

Here is the completed Lunar Legacy model. This one is rather dedicated to Figarou. Not only for pointing out this badass figure but for all he's done for the werewolf/Freeborn community in general. I took a different approach to this guy by contrasting the skin and the fur. The fur itself was painted from a real wolf reference which gives it a unique look, I think.

Another shot from the front
Back
Face
Side
Upclose of giblets

Guy!
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary

Re: The Wolf Shrine - Werewolf Figure Collection (Update: 8/

Post by ShadowFang »

Sorry for the lack of updates but there are a few more models that I've completed over the past few months. Today is a werewolf-ish/demon wall plaque! Again, found on eBay many years ago. Not sure if they're still available or not. Regardless, I'm very pleased how this turned out. It was very fun to paint! The demon skin/dark fur contrast pretty well which helps create a very intimidating wall plaque!

Another View
Side View

Guy!
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ShadowFang »

Today's model is a little special. I bought a Ifrit (from the Final Fantasy series) a while back. (Link) I had always wanted to paint it since I didn't care for the translucency. Also, over the years, I ended up losing the horns that come with it. So, to compensate and since he looks very much like a werewolf anyway, I simply decided to make him into one!

Since this was a plastic movable figure, it needed to be posed and then superglued into position. Afterwards, modeling putty was needed to patch in the holes near the knees and elbows to make it more natural. After that, it was a more standard primer coat before airbrushing. Finally, I gave him a simple wooden base to stand up on his own.

Side
Back

Guy!
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ShadowFang »

I was in Maryland recently visiting family and going through all of my old things that I had left behind. I found this little treasure and just had to paint him up. It's a mini Jon Talbain figure. It stands about 5 inches high and was originally just hollow plastic. First thing was to fill it with gypsum plaster to get it all hardened up. After that, it was primed and painted. This was a fun because it was the first cartoon-ish model I've painted. It may not be as awesome as Figarou's larger Talbain resin but I suppose it'll do for now.

Front

Guy!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: The Wolf Shrine - Werewolf Figure Collection (Update: 9/

Post by Figarou »

Wow! I haven't seen that version of Jon Talbain in years. You did a great job of painting him.
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ShadowFang »

Figarou wrote:Wow! I haven't seen that version of Jon Talbain in years. You did a great job of painting him.
Thanks! To be quite honest, I don't even remember where I got him. I hadn't been home in 7 years. I was going through the Velkan werewolf box (which you sent! <3) and there Talbain was. Speaking of which, Mr. Velkan is being worked on now. He's absolutely massive! At least 15 inches tall. He just got assembled and it ready for his first coat of paint tonight. Now...what color should he be painted? Hmm...
Guy!
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ShadowFang »

Also, for those that are following this thread, I've finally setup a DA account to post all of these (and more e-fame for my e-peen).

http://themrwolf.deviantart.com
Guy!
Werewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Werewolf »

That's a very impressive collection of all things werewolf, you definitely have me beat :lol:

I see some things I have there, and others I would love to get! 8)

I have wolf stuff as well as werewolf, this was my most recent addition if your familiar with the anime Toriko this is the character Terry Cloth :P

Alpha
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Alpha »

Werewolf wrote:I have wolf stuff as well as werewolf, this was my most recent addition if your familiar with the anime Toriko this is the character Terry Cloth :P
Wow..... that's an awesome looking wolf! I know what I'm gonna be buying next. :wink:

Speaking of wolves...... how badass would it be if DC were to make this? 8) 8) 8) 8)

ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ShadowFang »

Alpha, that Warcraft orc/wolf (worg) statue already pseudo-exists. Many of the employees at Blizzard have those orc on wolf statues. They're fairly large. About 12 inches tall about about 16 inches long. They were given to employees a few years before I started, unfortunately. I'd love to get my hands on one. If you watch eBay closely, they do appear from time to time.

Edit: Found a pic!

Guy!
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ShadowFang »

Is it more werewolf figures for #werewolfwednesday? Yes it is!

Stalker - This wolf is stalking an unknown object, perhaps maybe the rat? I really like the pose of this statue. It's very animated and alive. Painting him was really fun. The model has a nice mane that distinguishes the head from the rest of the body.

Stalker - This wolf is stalking an unknown object, perhaps maybe the rat? I really like the pose of this statue. It's very animated and alive. Painting him was really fun. The model has a nice mane that distinguishes the head from the rest of the body.

This is a werewolf statue of Velkan in his werewolf form from the movie 'Van Helsing' (2004). This an absolutely massive figure standing at 17.5 inches tall and weighing over 35 lbs. While this is Velkan, you'll notice that he's black. In the movie, he was a dark brown werewolf. I decided that I like the color pattern of Van Helsing's werewolf form more. This took a while to assemble and paint but in the end, I think it was well worth it. I'm very pleased on how it turned out.
Guy!
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Alpha »

ShadowFang wrote:Alpha, that Warcraft orc/wolf (worg) statue already pseudo-exists. Many of the employees at Blizzard have those orc on wolf statues. They're fairly large. About 12 inches tall about about 16 inches long. They were given to employees a few years before I started, unfortunately. I'd love to get my hands on one. If you watch eBay closely, they do appear from time to time.

Edit: Found a pic!

Yeah, I've seen that Orc mount statue already. But to me, it doesn't quite look like what's illustrated. And I don't mean that just because the pose is different, or that it's unpainted either. Also, I would want the Dire Wolf by itself without the Orc rider.
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ShadowFang »

Alpha wrote:Yeah, I've seen that Orc mount statue already. But to me, it doesn't quite look like what's illustrated. And I don't mean that just because the pose is different, or that it's unpainted either. Also, I would want the Dire Wolf by itself without the Orc rider.
I'm with you on that. A worg statue or better yet, a worgen statue would be bought by me without a second thought!
Guy!
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

I'm one jealous werewolf!
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1