The Wolf Shrine - Werewolf Figure Collection (Update: 9/1)

The place for anything at all...
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

The Wolf Shrine - Werewolf Figure Collection (Update: 9/1)

Post by ShadowFang »

9/19/2012: Velkan & Stalker Werewolf added.
9/1/2012: Jon Talbain mini added.
8/30/2012: Ifrit Werewolf added.
8/29/2012: Nightmare Plaque added.
5/1/2012: Lunar Legacy added.
4/18/2012: Dinnertime added.

Deviant Art Gallery

Hey everyone, I've been a long collector of werewolf items including figures, books, comics, etc. I'm always on the lookout for rare and awesome looking werewolf sculptures, garage kits and statues. Over time I've gotten quite a collection. I've taken some of my best collections to work and gave my work cube a werewolf theme! People think I'm strange and I've earned the nickname "Mr. Wolf" there. Still, I figure it was time to share my collection with like minds here!

An overview. This is my desk where I spend every day.

Above is the Werewolf figure by Miss Monster. He's the guardian of my cube and keeps vampires out. Below are the all five volumes of Curse of the Worgen including the elusive issue #1.

Close up on Miss Monster's werewolf kit. I should really give him a name for all the hard work he does.

Above: Two werewolf warriors. These were imported from a German hobby shop. For the price, they're very well done!
Below: Dinnertime Werewolf kit. This was alot more common back at the turn of the century. Now there are getting increasingly more difficult to find.

A close up on the werewolf warriors. One has a mace and the other has an axe. They safe guard the wolf shrine.

Close up on the Dinnertime statue. I like this one because it's a very detailed figure and the paint job is superb!

A werewolf book stand holding up some quality literature.

No werewolf work space is complete without a worgen mouse pad!

Tom Wood werewolf wall scroll. Because I can!

Not much is known about this figure. I found it on eBay a while back and it came pre-assembled and pre-painted. There is a signature "Chris Ryan" on the bottom. Since he is anatomically correct, I made him a loin cloth to make him "work-safe".

This is Garm Whitefang from DC Unlimited's World of Warcraft series 7. It's pretty easy to find one of these but that does not make it any less awesome. You'll notice that Garm is gnawing on Shia Labeouf. Megan Fox watches in horror not knowing what Garm has in store for her!

I believe these are D&D minis that I got from eBay many years ago. They're the perfect size to sit on top of a LCD.

Some more minis. These two are a little larger and have a little more detail to them. Yes, the one to the left has a football in his hand. If you think about it, werewolves would be badass football players.

This is the prize of the wolf shrine. The Van Helsing werewolf bust. These are extremely rare as in only about 200 of these were made for the ILM crew that worked on Van Helsing. Back in 2003-2004, I remember one of these went on eBay for close to $1,000 which I had to pass on. It made me very sad. However, I was extremely fortunate to come across another one after many years of searching. The werewolf design in Van Helsing was incredibly well done and this bust underlines that.

Another shot of the bust.
Last edited by ShadowFang on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Guy!
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Re: The Wolf Shrine --- aka. My work cube

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

{blinks}
({Blinks})
{in unison}
Sweeeeet.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ShadowFang »

The Werewolf Workshop - While not in the office, one of my hobbies is assembling and painting werewolf garage kits that I happen to come across. It's one thing to find a sweet statue and another to take it up a notch in awesomeness by giving it color! Some of these are complete while others are still "in queue" to be painted. You'll have to pardon me, things on the work bench are not as tidy and neat as those on my desk.

This is where completed or near completed figures are at. Some on the shelf are complete full figures. After a figure has been airbrushed, it's brought here to be painted and detailed by myself before being declared completed.

Left: A non werewolf figure! This is a assembled gargoyle model. It's waiting right now to be primed and then prepped for airbrushing. Still figuring out how I would like to color that guy.
Middle: This is Sideshow's Anubis figure purchased from their site. It's well over 14 inches tall and have a very nice "Mummy Returns" feel to it.
Right: This one is called "Bloodmoon" which is a kit that I assembled and painted myself. It's the first one completed after I got my new awesome airbrush in the mail.

Left: Oh look, another Dinnertime kit assembled and unpainted. I guess they aren't that rare after all. 8)
Middle: A rather common werewolf statue that can still be found on eBay. Common but still well done. He's calmly roaring.
Right: Gangis Riverpaw. A gnoll figure from DC Universe's World of Warcraft series.

This figure is called "Once Bitten". This is the latest figure I just finished up. The werewolf was airbrushed and the base and details were all hand painted with acrylic paints.

Here is werewolf kit titled, "Bad Moon". This was another hard one to find. Basic assembly is done and right now it's being patched together using super sculpty. Afterwards it will be primed and ready for painting. It has a pretty huge base (not pictured) that it will stand on.

This is where the magic happens. The airbrush booth. Primed figures are brought here and brought to life! This crouching werewolf (another very rare figure) is up next. Still trying to decide on a color scheme for this guy.
Guy!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I too have a werewolf van helsing bust like the one you got, put my top bid for $150 and beat a guy by $6! :D

Also Id love to know where you got the werewolf warrior that you imported from a german shop, could you post a link. And dinner time is another one id love to know too! Also, you are so lucky you got that Anubis statue, that was out of my price range so I had to get a different anubis statue that is strictly made for decorating purpose but still looks great!
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ShadowFang »

You got yours for only $150?! Wow...talk about a steal! I still had to pay several hundred dollars for the one I managed to get. Still worth it. Consider yourself extremely lucky. I suppose every now and then someone might find one pop up on eBay. But, it's still extremely rare. I'm jealous you got your for so little. None the less, still grateful to even own one.

As for the werewolf warriors, I did find a site that is selling them. It's from Canada so it may work out better for you. http://www.la-table-ronde.ca/home.php?cat=345

Also, speaking of Anubis figures, what is the one that you bought? There have been some official Mummy Returns Anubis figures that I have been looking for to no avail. I would like to see what you managed to get.
Guy!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Thanks for the link.
This is the Anubis statue I got, purchased two of them. http://www.amazon.com/Anubis-Statue/dp/ ... 943&sr=8-1

As for the Van Helsing Bust, I wasn't exactly sure what I was buying at first, I just knew that it was van helsing, it looked cool and it was rare. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
werewolf-woman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by werewolf-woman »

wow!! :D what a great collection!!
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

OMG can I come live with you! (Just kidding)

Seriously though that is an awesome collection. ^.^
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

So many werewolf figures and resins!! :o

But do you have ....THIS!! :D
http://figarou.deviantart.com/art/John- ... -254060224
I consider that WAY beyond rare.

It was me that found that "Dinnertime" werewolf resin, remember? :D

My search for more werewolf resins has led me to these!!!

Go here for a Zombie werewolf!!
http://www.fantasyrealms.co.uk/products/zombie-wolf

This looks interesting.
http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.p ... on_022_000

Last one!!
http://www.resinbenchmodels.com/Lunar-L ... -Lunar.htm
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ShadowFang »

It was you who found the Dinnertime Kit. I remember that. You pointed it out on this board many years ago. In fact, the one sitting in my office is that one that you were kind enough to send me. =DD

Not much of a fan on the Zombie Werewolf as I prefer my werewolves to be alive but those last two are new to me! It appears that the wolf collection shall be growing ever more. That Lunar Legacy kit is badass! As another note, I forgot to mention that there are two other figures that I have still in boxes. One is a giant werewolf plague and the other is a very rare smaller 6" figure of a tribal werewolf. I'll see if I can't get some pics of those.
Figarou wrote:But do you have ....THIS!! :D
http://figarou.deviantart.com/art/John- ... -254060224
I consider that WAY beyond rare.
Damn your black heart. To this day I have searched high and low for a duplicate Talbain figure and have still come up with nothing. Cherish it, sir for it is the one prize I may never be able to find a copy of.
Guy!
Sheba
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shy

Post by Sheba »

I love your work space.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ShadowFang wrote:It was you who found the Dinnertime Kit. I remember that. You pointed it out on this board many years ago. In fact, the one sitting in my office is that one that you were kind enough to send me. =DD
I didn't send you a Dinnertime werewolf kit. It was a Van Helsing werewolf resin, remember?
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ShadowFang »

Figarou wrote:
ShadowFang wrote:It was you who found the Dinnertime Kit. I remember that. You pointed it out on this board many years ago. In fact, the one sitting in my office is that one that you were kind enough to send me. =DD
I didn't send you a Dinnertime werewolf kit. It was a Van Helsing werewolf resin, remember?
Oooh yes! You did! Gah...that was so long ago! I left home in 2005 and had to leave all my awesome resin figures behind. I just now a few months ago got my family to mail them to me out west (which is why I have 2 Dinnertimes now). Which means...my Van Helsing figure it still there! FFFFFFFFFUUUU
Guy!
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

AWESOME!!!

I especially love the lighting on the Van Helsing Piece. It's epically appropriate. :D
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ShadowFang wrote:
Oooh yes! You did! Gah...that was so long ago! I left home in 2005 and had to leave all my awesome resin figures behind. I just now a few months ago got my family to mail them to me out west (which is why I have 2 Dinnertimes now). Which means...my Van Helsing figure it still there! FFFFFFFFFUUUU
I guess that explains why I didn't see it in the pictures you posted.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Which Van Helsing figure are you referring to? I don't remember.
Image Image
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ShadowFang »

It was this one.

Guy!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Want! :o
Image Image
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

:hsup Wow! That has gotta be the best collection I've seen thus far! Nice! :D
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ShadowFang »

Update! I have some new goodies to share with you that have joined the beloved werewolf shrine.

First, it's the custom figure that I've had pre-assembled and painted. It took almost six months and lots of the $$$. However, in the end, it was worth it.

It's the (were)wolf from Red Riding Hood.

Also, thanks to our good Figarou, I've ordered the "Lunar Legacy" werewolf model and am in the process of prepping it for painting. I just finished gluing it and it's looking very badass.

Finally, look who is all painted and done!

Guy!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Wolf Shrine --- aka. My work cube (Update: 3/17)

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I cant begin to tell you how jealous I am right now! Your collection is something I dreamed of having for over a decade! :o
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ShadowFang wrote:
Also, thanks to our good Figarou, I've ordered the "Lunar Legacy" werewolf model and am in the process of prepping it for painting. I just finished gluing it and it's looking very badass.

Glad to be of help. If I find any more, I'll let you know. :D
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary

Re: The Wolf Shrine --- aka. My work cube (Update: 3/27)

Post by ShadowFang »

Just finished painting this werewolf kit, "Bad Moon Rising". With this guy, I decided to go a different approach. Instead of your traditional black/brown werewolf, I decided to make him white. He's a tundra werewolf! In the end, it ended up contrasting with the base really well.

Guy!
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary

Re: The Wolf Shrine --- aka. My work cube (Update: 4/6)

Post by ShadowFang »

Tribal Werewolf doing tribal like things. Such as...killing and looking generally badass. Another very rare figure found on eBay a while back. Assembled and painted by myself.

Guy!
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary

Re: The Wolf Shrine - Werewolf Figure Collection (Update: 4/

Post by ShadowFang »

The Dinnertime kit that was unpainted has now been painted! This is an incredibly detailed statue up close in regards to both the base and the werewolf itself. The base almost took just as long as the wolf himself.

Side View
Side View
Back View
Face Shot
Figure Base

Guy!