30 seconds

The place for anything at all...
TwoMoons
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

30 seconds

Post by TwoMoons »

If you are going in search of the ONE, the very first, werewolf in an ancient city, do the seekers have to destroy the ancient city within the first minute or so? No wonder all these ancient cities don't want to be found. How about, for once, making it a safe haven. Screw the movie cliches. Give us a real safe haven!
A sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

--Arthur C. Clark
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Re: 30 seconds

Post by Scott Gardener »

Leaving a sacred lost city intact by the end of the film? I'm confused. That goes against the laws of Hollywood physics. Besides, hidden treasures undisturbed for centuries that suddenly get destroyed or plundered the moment our heroes discover them are a mainstay of Hollywood. This would completely change the ending of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Tomb Raider, the fourth season of the Sci-Fi Channel's series Sanctuary, Pirates of the Caribbean IV: On Stranger Tides, National Treasure, and I think I'm just scratching the surface. It would completely change the face of any story involving archaeology.

Then again, I think Stargate Atlantis was pretty remiss about this. By the time the series ended, they just moved the city around a few times. Sure, it got occasional bombardments, but last I checked, it was still standing. I'll have to write in and complain.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Well no... it's usually the bad guys, the greedy guy or some other guy that destroys the city in the name of glory, revenge or greed...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

But only one the protagonists point out its existence by seeking it. A city may lie buried for thousands of years, but the moment it enters a plotline--its doomed. And, the older it is, the more its soomed. Built last week, no problem. Built by your grandparents and one building is all that's left. Built 250 years ago, and all that's salvaged is a scroll. Truely ancient: gone in 30the seconds or the next one's free.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

They really need to change that... then again, isn't it also sometimes the "it's better that no one find this place again for fear of what would happen should they" kind of deal?
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)