Not 3 ,nor 4 and or 5 but 6 AND YOUR OUT!

The place for anything at all...
Sevena

Not 3 ,nor 4 and or 5 but 6 AND YOUR OUT!

Post by Sevena »

Came across this article today.The US is marching ahead while it seems the UK is stalling.Personally I don't think the ISPs should be the ones running the show and if they find infringment they should pass it along to the appropiate copywrite holders and let them decide if they wish to persue action against the infringer(not sure if thats a word but im using it anywho :P ). What do you think?
Heres the article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21591696

I also think that the average user would consider the guidelines of infringment a bit fuzzy,outside of downloading movies and music.With ISPs and everyone else imaginable tracking your online activities you have to wonder why the public hasn't stood up to the down right invasion of privacy.Can't say I'm happy with the crap ton of new laws that have been put in place over the last 20 years that infrindge upon basic rights.We can't sue companies for infringing upon our rights when we sign service contracts and basicly wave our right to privacy.We say we don't want the government induldgeing themselves in our personal lives yet we allow them to contract companies to do so.Whats the difference? For me the difference is face value only.Also, its pretty hard to believe that they are just keeping track of your infringment activities.In fact its down right ludacris to believe so.To me this is the governments way of getting the info they want from those who don't have ID microchips implanted.Yes, it serves its purpose for the copywrite holders but it also serves a purpose for other identities.

p.s I must have my spell check turned off :P
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Not 3 ,nor 4 and or 5 but 6 AND YOUR OUT!

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Murica! Home of the brave and land of the free!
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
FoxKnight
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Account in stasis
Mood: Indifferent

Post by FoxKnight »

Yes, there should definitely be a petition to repeal this kind of lunacy like the petition to legalize unlocking phones and tablets that successfully received 100,000 signatures, which has yet to be converted into law. (I'm actually worried that the government will soon start to ignore every type of public will should it suit them better)
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

This reminds me of the TV licensing letters we used to get in the UK a few years ago.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/story.php?id=38211

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.